Mary is all powerful!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trying to equate a human being with God? You are worshipping Mary instead of God.

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful!

I did not say it was cos she is God!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done!
John 2

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

Is Paul Divine?

Phil 4:13 I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is ashamed to know that you spend too much time giving her Praise, vs, praising the Son who died for Mary's sins, and yours.

Wake up.

praise of Mary is praise to Jesus Christ who made her what she is by his merits and grace
Jn 1:16-17

Mary was preserved from all sin
Immaculate
Full of grace
Gen 3:15 enmity total war with satan
Lk 1:28 full of grace
Rev 12:1 clothed with the sun
Immaculate purity

Lk 1:38 behold the hand maid of the Lord!
Consecrated totally to God forever!

Read exodus how anything consecrated to God or His service had to be holy pure and immaculate

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
praise of Mary is praise to Jesus Christ who made her what she is by his merits and grace
Jn 1:16-17

Mary was preserved from all sin
Immaculate
Full of grace
Gen 3:15 enmity total war with satan
Immaculate purity

Lk 1:38 behold the hand maid of the Lord!
Consecrated totally to God forever!

Read exodus how anything consecrated to God or His service had to be holy pure and immaculate
Saved people are also perfect and cannot sin, they are without spot or blemish spiritually.
Thing is there is the old man of the flesh, and the new man of the Spirit, and the old man of the flesh of the body is dead due to sin, but the new man of the Spirit is united as one spirit with God and can not sin and is not sinful being joined as one spirit together with God. I am as perfect as Mary ever was in the Spirit.
And we know God hears our prayers if we ask anything ACCORDING TO HIS WILL.

Reactions: Pearl

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 John 5:13-15
13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, [a]and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ephesians 5:25-28
New King James Version
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,

26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,
27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 5:48
Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Hebrews 10
Christ’s Death Perfects the Sanctified
11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being [d]sanctified.

15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,

16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” 18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hebrews 12
The Glorious Company

18 For you have not come to the mountain that may be touched and that burned with fire, and to blackness and darkness and tempest, 19 and the sound of a trumpet and the voice of words, so that those who heard it begged that the word should not be spoken to them anymore. 20 (For they could not endure what was commanded: “And if so much as a beast touches the mountain, it shall be stoned or shot with an arrow.” 21 And so terrifying was the sight that Moses said, “I am exceedingly afraid and trembling.”)

22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is not all powerful, the only one who is is God. You are attributing God'-like qualities to a mere woman born a sinner same as the rest of us. If you are offended by the truth perhaps it would be good if you kept quiet about Mary and other false teachings.

Deuteronomy 30:19
This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live

Joshua 24:15
choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, . . . . . . . . . But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

Deuteronomy 30:19
This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live

Great post!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saved people are also perfect and cannot sin, they are without spot or blemish spiritually.
Thing is there is the old man of the flesh, and the new man of the Spirit, and the old man of the flesh of the body is dead due to sin, but the new man of the Spirit is united as one spirit with God and can not sin and is not sinful being joined as one spirit together with God. I am as perfect as Mary ever was in the Spirit.
And we know God hears our prayers if we ask anything ACCORDING TO HIS WILL.

What saved people?

how does one become saved?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that I have posted something like this previously...

Mary was just a woman in the Bible. There is nothing more than that stated (or even implied) in the Bible. She was a teenage mother who gave birth to Jesus, raised Him (along with Joseph) until He was a teenager, and was present when He was crucified. Period.

The exaltation (deification) of Mary has no basis in Scripture. Indeed, when she and His brothers showed up and wanted to talk to Him, He rejected her. "Someone told him, “Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside wanting to speak to you.” To the one who had said this, Jesus replied, “Who is my mother and who are my brothers?” And pointing toward his disciples he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers!" Matthew 12:47-49

Clearly this is a refutation by the Lord that Mary was not his "true mother" once He received the Holy Spirit and His ministry began. Catholicism has added many, many extra-Biblical things to Christianity, to the point that the truth contained in the Gospels and Epistles is obfuscated.

Mary is not, was not, and never will be "all powerful". She was even rejected by her own Son!

Reactions: Pearl

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mary was just a woman in the Bible. There is nothing more than that stated (or even implied) in the Bible. She was a teenage mother who gave birth to Jesus, raised Him (along with Joseph) until He was a teenager, and was present when He was crucified. Period.

The exaltation (deification) of Mary has no basis in Scripture. Indeed, when she and His brothers showed up and wanted to talk to Him, He rejected her. "Someone told him, “Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside wanting to speak to you.” To the one who had said this, Jesus replied, “Who is my mother and who are my brothers?” And pointing toward his disciples he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers!" Matthew 12:47-49

Clearly this is a refutation by the Lord that Mary was not his "true mother" once He received the Holy Spirit and His ministry began. Catholicism has added many, many extra-Biblical things to Christianity, to the point that the truth contained in the Gospels and Epistles is obfuscated.

Mary is not, was not, and never will be "all powerful". She was even rejected by her own Son!

try again

lk 1:45 Mary did God’s will perfectly

mother of God lk 1:43

mother of our salvation lk 2:30 consented to our salvation lk 1:38
And found out salvation lk 1:30

ordinary girl or immaculate conception?

gen 3:15 enmity
The Lord is with her, not the other way around
Blessed
Immaculate purity

God did this in Mary lk 1:49

Biblical Mary, mother of God, ever Virgin, sinless, mother of our salvation!

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary!
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30 and cos she consented to our salvation! Lk 1:38

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

Spiritual Mother Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

Mother of the creator is mother of all creation!

Mother of the Redeemer is the mother of all the redeemed!

Mother of our Savior is the mother of all those who obtain salvation!
Lk 1:30

All generations call me blessed! Lk 1:
Thanksgiving in praise of Mary for bearing our savior! Matt 1:23 And finding our salvation! Lk 1:30

The Holy Spirit is “uncreated Advocate” and Mary is “created Advocate.” Advocacy for the Church is their common cause. Since Mary is full of grace and full of the Holy Spirit, her will, prayers, and advocacy mirror that of the Holy Spirit. E.g. “the Spirit and the Bride say…”

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

A sinner would be an evil tree with evil fruit, but the fruit of Mary is salvation!

Mary brings in the good fruits of our redemption and salvation!

Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us they Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

Salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mother of Christ Matt 1:16
Mother of the word Jn 1:1
Mother of our savior Matt 1:21
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Our mother Jn 19:26-27

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

Mary is our spiritual mother

Mary is the Mother of the living in Christ and the new creation!

Genesis 3:20
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not just asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so. There is no requirement to maker her his mother just to take care of her!

Jesus is in the very least making Mary John’s spiritual mother! And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!
What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He proved Mary the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

sorry I did not mean to overwhelm you

but there much more!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

never said Mary was God!

All praise veneration of the divine mother redounds to God who created her and Christ the source of all graces!

lk 1:49

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
never said Mary was God!

All praise veneration of the divine mother redounds to God who created her and Christ the source of all graces!

lk 1:49
You will venerate me too then.
As I am one of the holy saints of God and Mary is of the same Spirit as I am.
Romans 11:16
For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

1 Corinthians 3:17

If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ephesians 1:3-5
New King James Version
Redemption in Christ
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will venerate me too then.
As I am one of the holy saints of God and Mary is of the same Spirit as I am.
Romans 11:16
For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

1 Corinthians 3:17

If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

And give thanks to God

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is ashamed to know that you spend too much time giving her Praise, vs, praising the Son who died for Mary's sins, and yours.

Wake up.
My friend i keep trying and trying to get this thee faith to get back into the bible . HE wont do it . HE holds to the CC
and its men rather than GOD and the true and pure doctrine inspired by God . He is in grave danger my friend .