Mary is all powerful!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"While Jesus was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and brothers came and stood outside, asking to speak to him. Someone told him, “Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside wanting to speak to you.” Matthew 12:46-47

"Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother named Mary? And aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas?" Matthew 13:55

"So Jesus’ brothers advised him, “Leave here and go to Judea so your disciples may see your miracles that you are performing. For no one who seeks to make a reputation for himself does anything in secret. If you are doing these things, show yourself to the world.” (For not even his own brothers believed in him.)" John 7:3-5

"But when his brothers had gone up to the feast, then Jesus himself also went up, not openly but in secret." John 7:10

"All these continued together in prayer with one mind, together with the women, along with Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers." Acts 1:14

When will this myth of no siblings be put to rest? Perhaps when the RCC accepts Scripture?

Sola scriptura!

news flash the church wrote the New Testament!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual Mother!

Behold thy mother!

What does Behold in scripture mean?

A marvelous thing!
A miraculous action!
A wonder!
An awe inspiring declaration!

Behold thy mother!

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so, he is not even speaking to John, scripture says He is addressing the disciple, therefore it applies to all disciples.

Jesus is making Mary spiritual mother to all disciples! And all disciples take Her into thier home, And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!

What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He gave Mary to be the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation! Behold, I make all things new!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord your mother and your brethren are standing outside to see you .
WHO is my mother and my brethren , And he LOOKS ON His desciples , THOSE who do the will of my Father .
YEAH , i would say he does see them as the same . CAUSE HE SURE seemed to make a good point .
But go ye and learn this , I recieve not testimony from man . JESUS implies ALL who do the will of the Father my friend .
That is the family . But go ye and learn what that means .
The CC is heavily and has heavily deceived many for years upon years , decades upon decades and centuries through centuries .
But again GO ye and learn that .
It's a difficult question to answer.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars

The woman represents Israel.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual Mother!

Behold thy mother!

What does Behold in scripture mean?

A marvelous thing!
A miraculous action!
A wonder!
An awe inspiring declaration!

Behold thy mother!

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so, he is not even speaking to John, scripture says He is addressing the disciple, therefore it applies to all disciples.

Jesus is making Mary spiritual mother to all disciples! And all disciples take Her into thier home, And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!

What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He gave Mary to be the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation! Behold, I make all things new!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.
They probably were the only two among all the disciples not afraid. Their Lord was in agony. Nothing else mattered.
That structure of types of Woman that echo from Genesis emerge from Eve. In time Woman is the image of Eve less and the new Woman more as the time for the Christ event approaches. Jesus used that title for His mother and that's why. He also called the woman at the well Woman too. Hint she was a prophetess with a big following. Her life reflected the history of Samaria. The number of her husband's= number of kings of Samaria Jesus knew and called her Woman. He spoke to her like a neighbor someone He knew.

All those types, people making the Word of God visible.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is all powerful... it's possible that He let's His mother blow up a planet or something.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Generation to Generation will call 'her' blessed. My Lord doesn't treat her the way you want Him to..
I just go on what the New Testament says about her. The last reference to her was that she was just one of 120 disciples who were filled with the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. There are no references to her after that. If she had such an important role in the New Testament church you would think that she would feature more often in the history of the early church. Luke never mentions her further on in Acts. Paul never mentions her in his letters, neither does Peter, John, or Jude.

Reactions: Cassandra

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Yes, she shall (future tense) live, in the time of the resurrection to come, but now she sleeps in the dust of the earth in the first death. Read the context of John 11. It's about resurrection.

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Crowned queen of heaven!
The woman isn't Mary. It's the old testament church. It's a symbol of God's people BEFORE the Messiah/Christ is born, NOT AFTER.

Reactions: Cassandra

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, she shall (future tense) live, in the time of the resurrection to come, but now she sleeps in the dust of the earth in the first death. Read the context of John 11. It's about resurrection.

The woman isn't Mary. It's the old testament church. It's a symbol of God's people BEFORE the Messiah/Christ is born, NOT AFTER.
It's not an either or thing. It's a both and thing

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem concerning the perpetual virgin Mary is that the Catholics add one myth after another to the Bible. IMHO they have added so much to the reality of the Christian faith that it is unrecognizable.

They have done an excellent job of recreating the old covenant: a separate priesthood, ornate buildings and costumes, weird rituals, repetitive praying, confessing their sins to a "father" who gives them formulae for forgiveness, etc. It's interesting that they don't sacrifice animals, but perhaps depicting Jesus as an emaciated European who is still on the cross is their substitute.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have a confusion about "were dead" and "shall ... live"?

Mary is presently dead, in first death. She is not yet resurrected to life immortal.

No confusion about me you or about the Mother of God...You are though because you're faith requires that mine be in error. You can't see the unity between God and man because you reject His mothers true role in Salvation history.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Generation to Generation will call 'her' blessed. My Lord doesn't treat her the way you want Him to..
Now this is true . All generations shall call mary blessed . If only the CC had kept it at that .
But when we then turn around and turn mary into an idol and pray to her and to saints , THAT my friend is known as blasphemy .
We can and should call her blessed , but we ought never to pray to any other than GOD in JESUS name .
Many things has the CC turned into idolatry . CALL HER BLESSED , but stop praying to her and saints and angels .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.

Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Until only states that they had no relation up to that point, the Bible does not say they had sex ever, before or after that point!

Lk 1:34 no sex ever!
You cannot even reason . When i read that i knew what it meant , it simply meant she had no children . WE CANT and wont have
children after death . THUS your reasoning makes no sense . Anyone knows , or should know , we dont have kids
after we die .
This type of reasoning only proves you cannot let go of what men have taught you .
You aint alone in this , i see many protestants that twist stuff and try and make the bible seem hard to grasp
SO as they too can have power over the people . PS , it dont and wont work on a lamb .
PSSP , give it up thee faith , this dear sister wont be going to ROME . HER HOME is with KING JESUS
and HE keeps her safe from dangerous places .

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just go on what the New Testament says about her. The last reference to her was that she was just one of 120 disciples who were filled with the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. There are no references to her after that. If she had such an important role in the New Testament church you would think that she would feature more often in the history of the early church. Luke never mentions her further on in Acts. Paul never mentions her in his letters, neither does Peter, John, or Jude.
Since when does the sequence of events determine significance?