Mary is all powerful!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"While Jesus was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and brothers came and stood outside, asking to speak to him. Someone told him, “Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside wanting to speak to you.” Matthew 12:46-47

"Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother named Mary? And aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas?" Matthew 13:55

"So Jesus’ brothers advised him, “Leave here and go to Judea so your disciples may see your miracles that you are performing. For no one who seeks to make a reputation for himself does anything in secret. If you are doing these things, show yourself to the world.” (For not even his own brothers believed in him.)" John 7:3-5

"But when his brothers had gone up to the feast, then Jesus himself also went up, not openly but in secret." John 7:10

"All these continued together in prayer with one mind, together with the women, along with Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers." Acts 1:14

When will this myth of no siblings be put to rest? Perhaps when the RCC accepts Scripture?

Sola scriptura!
Not a myth, just your misreading and misunderstanding of the texts.

They are sons and daughters of Joseph, not Mary. Read more carefully.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary gave birth to Jesus and His siblings. After giving birth to multiple children, the idea that she was a virgin is ludicrous. It's beyond belief that the Catholic church keeps spouting the idea of a "perpetual" virgin.
Why do you suppose Jesus told John to care for His Mother if He had siblings? Why did she even go if she had another son? Jesus made His Mother leave her family for no reason? You have anything to explain that?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you suppose Jesus told John to care for His Mother if He had siblings? Why did she even go if she had another son? Jesus made His Mother leave her family for no reason? You have anything to explain that?
It says that not even his own brethren believed in HIM .
But the apostels did . Thus no wonder JESUS told JOHN to look out for her .
Now later we learn that at least some of his brethren did come to believe .
But read about where they , his flesh brethren were saying GO up unto this feast
show yourself , for not even his brethren believed in Him . It said that .
So JESUS wasnt gonna hand his own mother over unto those who believed not .
Praise GOD , it seems they later did come to faith in HIM . We hear of james the brother of the LORD who did for sure .
I think they all did , or at least i hope they all did . BUT It does say they did NOT YET believe on him , they did not at that point .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
says that not even his own brethren believed in HIM

They aren't allowed to disagree with their oldest brother? C' mom you can't say Mary was mother of a big family when it fits your narrative then when it doesn't find reasons to explain it that don't make sense. It doesn't make sense that Mary would have to leave her family just because the eldest of her kids died. It doesn't make sense cuz it's not true.

How about this scene.

Hey kids I need to let you know that your dad isn't your brothers dad. His dad is God. It's ok. Nooo!!!there wasn't another man! I know, no, of course He isn't better than you. Ok He is waaay better. Did you get some of that wine He made?:D

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is dead, having no power at all. Ecc. 9:5-6,10.

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Crowned queen of heaven!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, she didn't.

kids are baby goats!

no scripture says anyone is a biological child of Mary except for Jesus by the Holy Spirit
Her womb is holy
Lk 1:42

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"While Jesus was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and brothers came and stood outside, asking to speak to him. Someone told him, “Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside wanting to speak to you.” Matthew 12:46-47

"Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother named Mary? And aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas?" Matthew 13:55

"So Jesus’ brothers advised him, “Leave here and go to Judea so your disciples may see your miracles that you are performing. For no one who seeks to make a reputation for himself does anything in secret. If you are doing these things, show yourself to the world.” (For not even his own brothers believed in him.)" John 7:3-5

"But when his brothers had gone up to the feast, then Jesus himself also went up, not openly but in secret." John 7:10

"All these continued together in prayer with one mind, together with the women, along with Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers." Acts 1:14

When will this myth of no siblings be put to rest? Perhaps when the RCC accepts Scripture?

Sola scriptura!

it don’t mean what you want it to mean!

why do you think “brothers” means they must have the same mother or be the children of Mary?

jacob had 12 sons and they had FOUR different mothers!

Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They had 4 mother’s, These may be brothers but they are simply not the children of One mother and the brothers of Jesus are not the children of Mary!

Jose’s, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Is Mary the mother of James?
If you mean the Blessed Virgin Mary then no. Her sister-in-law, Mary of Clopas, was the wife of Alphaeus (St. Joseph's brother), and mother of Simon, Joseph, and the apostles Judas Thaddeus, and James (the Less, brother of the Lord): Jesus' cousins.

The "sisters" of Jesus refer to women disciples

Salome, or Mary Salome, was the wife of Zebedee, and mother of apostles John (the beloved), and James (the greater).

Regarding Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3, two of the four "brethren" are James and Judas of Alphaeus (cf. Mat. 10:2-3, Lk. 6:15-16, Act. 1:13). The third, Joseph, is identified in Mk. 15:40 as the brother of James of Alphaeus. The fourth, Simon, is identified in Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3 as the brother of Joseph, James, and Judas of Alphaeus. Therefore, all four are were the sons of Alphaeus, not St. Joseph and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

When Jesus was twelve they went up to Jerusalem, the holy family, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. Where are the brothers and sisters?

Jesus on the cross gives His mother to John, why? Why not James or a brother? Perhaps the law of Moses requires a mother to be given to the next oldest son? Because he was an only Son!
Only begotten of the Father, only begotten of the Mother.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it about I obey the Lord, not your personal, flawed interpretation of the Bible that you don't/can't/won't understand.

explain it to me then

This one first

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can that be. She magnifies the Lord.

This is so she can show us her Son.

She is called blessed from generation to generation.

This means a tradition of honoring her for delivering the eternal Word of God.

Faith is through hearing. Hearing the Word of God.

That miracle began with the sound of Mary's voice.

No one can come to me unless the Father who sent
me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

Only heaven could reveal the Virgin birth and Incarnation.
Joseph knew Mary sexually after Jesus was born.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
she was the first to be

New creation in Christ 2 cor 5:17
Passed from death to life 2 Tim 1:10
Out of the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light 1 pet 2:9
All sins washed away acts 22:16
Washed in Christ’s blood 1 pet 1:2
Member of Christ and His church
1 cor 12:13
Risen with Christ col 2:12
Sealed by God in the ark of salvation 1 pet 3:20-21
Sealed with the Holy Spirit eph 1:13
Mary is dead as the last Pope.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it about I obey the Lord, not your personal, flawed interpretation of the Bible that you don't/can't/won't understand.

In a kingdom obedience to the kings authorized ministers is obedience to the king!

see Joseph under pharaoh his brothers gave obedience

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True.

Incorrect. Jesus was the only child born of Mary.

The others were born to Joseph before his marriage to Mary. Numerous scriptures bear that out when studied carefully.

Perpetual virginity is heresy and just plain stupid. Yet though she was to have relations with Joseph in her married life, her womb was forever withheld from any other children after giving birth to Jesus.

These are just myths created to falsify who Mary really was. Where are these numerous scriptures bear that out when studied carefully? Where -- anywhere! -- in the Bible does it say that other siblings were born to Joseph before his marriage to Mary? Where -- anywhere! -- in the Bible does it say that Mary's womb was forever withheld from any other children after giving birth to Jesus?

Did you know that "Mary" -- actually Miriam -- was from the Western hemisphere and was transported by Noah's ark across the ocean to bear Jesus in Bethlehem?

Reactions: Nancy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They aren't allowed to disagree with their oldest brother? C' mom you can't say Mary was mother of a big family when it fits your narrative then when it doesn't find reasons to explain it that don't make sense. It doesn't make sense that Mary would have to leave her family just because the eldest of her kids died. It doesn't make sense cuz it's not true.

How about this scene.

Hey kids I need to let you know that your dad isn't your brothers dad. His dad is God. It's ok. Nooo!!!there wasn't another man! I know, no, of course He isn't better than you. Ok He is waaay better. Did you get some of that wine He made?:D
Its in the scriptures my friend . Rome just has led many astray .
His mother and it says sisters and brothers . Mary was their mother . JESUS , was the only virgin birth .
Yall change things to fit the CC .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His mother and it says sisters and brothers . Mary was their mother . JESUS , was the only virgin birth .

we have been down this road before

(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They had 4 mother’s, These may be brothers but they are simply not the children of One mother and the brothers of Jesus are not the children of Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

If you mean the Blessed Virgin Mary then no. Her sister-in-law, Mary of Clopas, was the wife of Alphaeus (St. Joseph's brother), and mother of Simon, Joseph, and the apostles Judas Thaddeus, and James (the Less, brother of the Lord): Jesus' cousins.

Salome, or Mary Salome, was the wife of Zebedee, and mother of apostles John (the beloved), and James (the greater).

Regarding Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3, two of the four "brethren" are James and Judas of Alphaeus (cf. Mat. 10:2-3, Lk. 6:15-16, Act. 1:13). The third, Joseph, is identified in Mk. 15:40 as the brother of James of Alphaeus. The fourth, Simon, is identified in Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3 as the brother of Joseph, James, and Judas of Alphaeus. Therefore, all four are were the sons of Alphaeus, not St. Joseph and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

When Jesus was twelve they went up to Jerusalem, the holy family, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. Where are the brothers and sisters?

Jesus on the cross gives His mother to John, why? Why not James or a brother? Perhaps the law of Moses requires a mother to be given to the next oldest son? Because he was an only Son!

Only God can be born of a Virgin-mother!

First born does not imply a second born. An only child is still first born!

Reactions: EloyCraft

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why did she have to go with John?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we have been down this road before

(One son, singular)

Only God can be born of a Virgin-mother!

First born does not imply a second born. An only child is still first born!

I'll respond only to this: "Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)"

So the young woman (which is what the Hebrew means) didn't have twins. This doesn't mean that Jesus didn't have siblings. The Bible clearly refers to Jesus' brothers in several places. Should I believe you or Scripture?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(One son, singular)"

So the young woman (which is what the Hebrew means) didn't have twins. This doesn't mean that Jesus didn't have siblings. The Bible clearly refers to Jesus' brothers in several places. Should I believe you or Scripture?

you don’t believe the scripture I posted!

brothers does not mean same mother

and does not mean young woman but a virgin, so now you not only deny the perpetual virginity of Mary but also the virgin birth?

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why did she have to go with John?
It wasnt cause mary and joseph didnt have any other children .
You cant use this to try and justify what is not .
If mary was a perpetual virgin , Even luke or the other writers would have made that very evident .
Instead of saying joseph knew her not TILL AFTER the child was born .
IT would have made it very clear , HE never knew her for she was a perpetual virgin .
I mean if it had been so true and so needful to know , HOW come not one author
of those gospels ever said so . IF something is needed to be known , IT would have been made known .
Just like when JESUS said about mary magdelon . Her washing his feet and annointing him with oil
would be told as a memorial unto her . SO if mary was a perpetual virgin , DONT YA THINK
that Christ would have made some kind of mention of it , OR at least the other writers of the gosples .
THEY write and say HE KNEW her NOT TILL AFTER the child was born .
HAD she been truly a virgin forever , THEY would have said very clearly , HE never knew her
for mary was to remain a virgin forever . YET IT NEVER said that . AND yall huff and puff
as though its of dire necessity to teach it and believe it . IF it were , HOW COME not one
of the writers of the four gospels ever made any mention of it . HOW COME . Exactly .
IT says very clearly HE did not know her TILL AFTER . TAKE HEED TO THOSE TWO WORDS . TILL AFTER
never said HE never knew her for mary was a virgin forever . Exactly .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(One son, singular)"

I hope i made it very simple in what i just wrote . When you read it , see the simplicity of it .
Mary mag got an honorable mention by JESUS and HE said wherever this gospel is preached
this will be told as a MEMORIAL unto her .
YET how come no mention of mary as a virgin forever when luke or any other writer wrote those gospels .
How come they didnt say , AND joseph never knew her for she was a perpetual virgin .
AND INSTEAD it says he knew her not TILL AFTER . THINK about that my friend . THE CC is again decieving the peoples .