Matthew 28:19 and The Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Lol , yes I know I am using my phone and I keep pressing post by mistake, think you will find I have edited the post and added something.
@Rita I find that unless there is a large keyboard in front of me, it's really hard to type on a small, hand-held device...........

(Man with big fingers, I suppose; you ladies are sometimes much more dexterous on computers.....)

Reactions: Rita

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God of the Holy Bible, Who is Three equal Persons in One Godhead, is the single most important subject

So you believe that something not expressly mentioned in scripture is the single most important subject than the gospel that is expressly mentioned and meticulously explained in scripture?

Ookay then…

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just fed up with the same record being played over and over by certain members with regards to certain subjects ….it gets a bit boring. It’s borderline nagging , in my opinion xx
Are you a trinitarian ?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ Jesus is the most important subject...or have you forgotten?
J.
Yes and the bodily Resurrection is at the heart/core of the gospel. Jesus said all the law, psalms and the prophets are about Him and the work of the Holy Spirit is to point us to Him and Glorify the Son. And the gospel message is what brings that glory to a lost and dying world. The only way the cross worked is because Jesus was/is the Perfect Mediator between God and man, representing both parties as both God and man. The Incarnation was/is the perfect solution to sin, death, the devil and the afterlife. Its all wrapped up perfectly in Christ, God manifest in the flesh. Our Great God and Savior. Titus 2:13, 2 Peter 1:1

Reactions: Johann

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@ByGraceThroughFaith
I need to apologise for publically calling you out about your thread yesterday , although my frustrations are real , they are linked to many people who post similar threads while existing threads on the subject are still active.
I made it personal with you and that was wrong.
Very sorry x
Rita

Reactions: Charlie24

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@ByGraceThroughFaith
I need to apologise for publically calling you out about your thread yesterday , although my frustrations are real , they are linked to many people who post similar threads while existing threads on the subject are still active.
I made it personal with you and that was wrong.
Very sorry x
Rita

Hi Rita, thanks. have a wonderful day and may the Lord richly bless you, Andy

Reactions: Rita

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ Jesus is the most important subject...or have you forgotten?
J.
The Kingdom of God is a far more important subject, because that's the gospel that Christ actually declared. Jesus is not the most important subject there is. The Father is. Even after Jesus was resurrected, He continued to preach His Father as being the most important subject.

It seems like nowadays the Father is only important enough to mention when someone wants to defend the trinity doctrine. Jesus is the Head of the Church, but the Father is the Head of the Family. As Jhn 1 says, Christ came to declare the Father. Jesus had an extremely monumental role to play, but a lot of "Christians" seem to forget that Jesus said that He was a Messenger, and a messenger is not more important than, or even as important as, the party that sent them.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Kingdom of God is a far more important subject, because that's the gospel that Christ actually declared. Jesus is not the most important subject there is. The Father is. Even after Jesus was resurrected, He continued to preach His Father as being the most important subject.

It seems like nowadays the Father is only important enough to mention when someone wants to defend the trinity doctrine. Jesus is the Head of the Church, but the Father is the Head of the Family. As Jhn 1 says, Christ came to declare the Father. Jesus had an extremely monumental role to play, but a lot of "Christians" seem to forget that Jesus said that He was a Messenger, and a messenger is not more important than, or even as important as, the party that sent them.

Incorrect, I stand by what I have posted...

1Co 2:1 Preaching in the Power of God
¶ When I came to you, brothers, I didn’t come and tell you about God’s secret [Other mss. read testimony] with rhetorical language or wisdom.
1Co 2:2 For while I was with you I resolved to know nothing except Jesus the Messiah, [Or Christ] and him crucified.

1Co 2:2 For I made the decision not to have da'as of anything among you except Moshiach and nivlato al haEtz (his body –gufa, kerper--on the Tree Boim (Yiddish for tree), DEVARIM 21:23).
OJB

1) "For I determined." (Greek gar ekrina) "For I made a decision, judgment, or determined". Men’s actions, as Christians and ministers of Christ, are of their own will, volition, choice or decision, not by compulsion.
2) "Not to know anything among you." (Greek ou ti eidenai) "Not to know or perceive anything." (Greek en humin) "Among you" . . . Paul determined not to present himself, his Greek, Hebrew, or Latin or philosophy as a basis of being known among the brethren. Act_20:18-27.
3) "Save Jesus Christ." (Greek ei me iesoun Christon) "If not or except Jesus Christ." This indicates Paul’s sincere desire to present Jesus Christ, not himself or his own wisdom and person (Gal_6:14; 1Co_10:24).
4) "And him crucified." (Greek kai touton estauromenon) "And this one having been crucified." Gal_2:20; Tit_3:5; 1Co_1:17; 1Co_1:31.
Garner-Howes

Hmm..

I determined not to know any thing among you - Satisfied that the Gospel of God could alone make you wise unto salvation, I determined to cultivate no other knowledge, and to teach nothing but Jesus Christ, and him crucified, as the foundation of all true wisdom, piety, and happiness. No other doctrine shall I proclaim among you.

Yup, preach nothing but Christ, Him crucified, Him resurrected

1Co 15:1 Now I'm making known to you, brothers, the gospel that I proclaimed to you, which you accepted, on which you have taken your stand,
1Co 15:2 and by which you are also being saved if you hold firmly to the message I proclaimed to you—unless, of course, your faith was worthless.
1Co 15:3 For I passed on to you the most important points that I received: The Messiah died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
1Co 15:4 he was buried, he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures—and is still alive!—
Can you get excited?
1Co 15:5 and he was seen by Cephas, and then by the Twelve.
1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen by more than 500 brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have died.
1Co 15:7 Next he was seen by James, then by all the apostles,
1Co 15:8 and finally he was seen by me, as though I were born abnormally late.
1Co 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles and not even fit to be called an apostle because I persecuted God's church.
1Co 15:10 But by God's grace I am what I am, and his grace shown to me was not wasted. Instead, I worked harder than all the others—not I, of course, but God's grace that was with me.
1Co 15:11
So, whether it was I or the others, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.