Michigan Legislature passed a law that fines you $10.000 if the right pronoun is not used

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't like the intent of this thread, news, facts or opinions can be shared without targeting and throwing insults at one person which is bullying which is of course against the rules.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't like the intent of this thread, news, facts or opinions can be shared without targeting and throwing insults at one person which is bullying which is of course against the rules.

Alright thread has been cleaned up, and have changed title, have noticed majority of people are following the rules here, @bluedragon you may continue to post here, we can all have our say, but please do so in a respectful manner to other members on this forum within the rules without resulting to name-calling and insults, thanks.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I suppose this was intended for me. And i am guessing that you think misnaming me is some sort of insult, it isn't, call me what you like if it helps you feel like a man.

Let's take a look at Michigan's HB 4474

Sec. 147b. (1) A person is guilty of ethnic intimidation a hate crime if that person maliciously
and intentionally does any of the following to an individual based in
whole or in part on an actual or perceived characteristic of that
individual listed under subsection (2), regardless of the existence
of any other motivating factors:
(a) Uses force or violence on another individual.
(b) Causes bodily injury to another individual.
(c) Intimidates another individual.
(d) Damages, destroys, or defaces any real, personal, digital,
or online property of another individual without the consent of
that individual.
(e) Threatens, by word or act, to do any of the actions
described under subdivisions (a) to (d).

and

(b) "Intimidate" means a willful course of conduct involving
repeated or continuing harassment of another individual that would
cause a reasonable individual to feel terrorized, frightened, or
threatened, and that actually causes the victim to feel terrorized,
frightened, or threatened.

Nothing about personal pronouns....Nothing about "hurt feelings"

So why are you lying and claiming this bill fines people "$10.000 if the right pronoun is not used"?

Seems to me a number of the media outlets are reporting it like that, reading through HB 4474, it sounds like it has to be a more serious than just not using the right pronoun.

On a side note this he/him, her/she, them/they is getting pretty strange. Back in school not so long ago "he" and "him" were used to refer to a male and "she" and "her" were used to refer to a female, "they" and "them" were used to described a group of people, these pronouns were not used as a way to introduce yourself, as one's gender was pretty obvious, there was none of this identification stuff other then your passport or birth certificate or driver's license.