Millennium Resurrection ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 31, 2017
Bath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

What are peoples views on the millennium kingdom? And what the Bible says about the thousand years of righteousness, joy, and peace under the reign of King Jesus.

My curiosity is, for those who come to Christ and are converted in the time of the great tribulation and remain faithful to Christ. When they enter the millennium kingdom and eventually die, how are they resurrected? If the (rapture) 1st resurrection has already taken place, and the 2nd resurrection is for the wicked evil, how are they taken up?

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God raises them all , each, everyone, according to HIS OWN PLAN,

not man's plans or myths.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the Op, not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this. there are only two resurrections, scripture, Revelation 20:4 "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:5 "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Revelation 20:6 "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years".

well if the rest of the dead live not until the thousand years were finished, unless you have scripture showing different. if so please post it.

thanks in advance,

PICJAG.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If the (rapture) 1st resurrection has already taken place, and the 2nd resurrection is for the wicked evil, how are they taken up?
The Tribulation saints will NOT be taken up. They will be resurrected, and live and reign with Christ on earth for 1000 years.

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.(Rev 20:4)

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

What are peoples views on the millennium kingdom? And what the Bible says about the thousand years of righteousness, joy, and peace under the reign of King Jesus.

My curiosity is, for those who come to Christ and are converted in the time of the great tribulation and remain faithful to Christ. When they enter the millennium kingdom and eventually die, how are they resurrected? If the (rapture) 1st resurrection has already taken place, and the 2nd resurrection is for the wicked evil, how are they taken up?

This is one of those endless and pointless debates that Paul warned us not to get entangled in.

All that matters is that Jesus is coming again and when he does, according to one's millennials view that will happen.

What mattered is that we be living for him and ready for him.
Our views as to how and what will happen will in all likely hood be found to be wrong.

Reactions: Joseph77

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi

There are actually more than two resurrections in Scripture. The identity of 1st and 2nd resurrection should be viewed as ordinal numbers and not cardinal. In other words any resurrection having to do with the saints, will be part of the 1st resurrection. Any resurrection having to do with the unbelieving, will be part of the 2nd resurrection.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Tribulation saints will NOT be taken up. They will be resurrected, and live and reign with Christ on earth for 1000 years.

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.(Rev 20:4)

These are those who were martyred during the Tribulation.

Then there are those believers who survive the Tribulation and enter the Millennium. And perhaps they live through the whole period of the Millennium. If they did die during the Millennium then they would later be resurrected and be part of the 1st resurrection. But if they lived all the way through the Millennium, they must be translated some way as those in the Rapture are making them part of the 1st resurrection also.

Stranger

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi

The Millennial is going to be the greatest event that mankind will ever experience.

It will be a nightmare for the earth preceding it(rapture/tribulation/2nd coming of Christ), but will end in bliss.

I pray for the Lord to finish the deal and start His reign on earth ASAP!f

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Millennial is going to be the greatest event that mankind will ever experience.

It will be a nightmare for the earth preceding it(rapture/tribulation/2nd coming of Christ), but will end in bliss.

I pray for the Lord to finish the deal and start His reign on earth ASAP!f
correct, Amos 5:18 "Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
Amos 5:19 "As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.
Amos 5:20 "Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?"

many will be suprised when it come.

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
correct, Amos 5:18 "Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
Amos 5:19 "As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.
Amos 5:20 "Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?"

many will be suprised when it come.

PICJAG.
The day of the Lord is 1000 years.

Think about it

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are thoroughly confused (for a Truther).

The day of the LORD -- a period of divine judgments -- precedes the Millennium of 1000 years (a period of universal peace and righteousness).

Here is what the day of the LORD looks like:
1Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them...

6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness...

10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining: [see Revelation 6]

11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Think about it
FIRST THANKS FOR THE REPLY, AND SECOND, I have thought about it, depending on which "Day of the LORD " we're speaking about. example, Malachi 4:5 "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD". (WHICH HAS HAPPEN ALREADY), or this one, Zechariah 14:1 "Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zechariah 14:2 "For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

and as for Judgments, not always in a destruction of sinners, (People), but sin itself, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". ok what is the "vengeance" on? well lets have a look a see.. next verses, Isaiah 35:5 "Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
Isaiah 35:6 "Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert". BINGO.

so, it's what "DAY of the LORD" one is speaking of.

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FIRST THANKS FOR THE REPLY, AND SECOND, I have thought about it, depending on which "Day of the LORD " we're speaking about. example, Malachi 4:5 "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD". (WHICH HAS HAPPEN ALREADY), or this one, Zechariah 14:1 "Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zechariah 14:2 "For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

and as for Judgments, not always in a destruction of sinners, (People), but sin itself, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". ok what is the "vengeance" on? well lets have a look a see.. next verses, Isaiah 35:5 "Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
Isaiah 35:6 "Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert". BINGO.

PICJAG.
The day of the Lord has a beginning and an end.

Here, the beginning is seen...

14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:

7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

....and here is the end(conclusion) of the day....

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

You see, all good things must come to an end eventually.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG.
The day of the Lord has a beginning and an end.

Here, the beginning is seen...

14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:

7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

....and here is the end(conclusion) of the day....

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

You see, all good things must come to an end eventually.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one of those endless and pointless debates that Paul warned us not to get entangled in.

All that matters is that Jesus is coming again and when he does, according to one's millennials view that will happen.

What mattered is that we be living for him and ready for him.
Our views as to how and what will happen will in all likely hood be found to be wrong.

When Jesus talked about the last days and his disciples asked, "when will these things be," Jesus didn't speak out against them for wanting him to clarify what he said and meant. The scriptures simply tell us not to keep guessing when or determining when Armageddon, which is when God starts destroying the unrighteous off earth will begin. The disciples of Jesus asked when his second presence would start which is not the same as Armageddon. Jesus second prescence would be over a period of time which would culminate with Armageddon. Jesus however did give us clues when his second presence would begin but not when Armageddon would happen.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi

The first resurrection is happening now and this first resurrection will end when Armageddon begins. After Armageddon the 1000 year reign of Jesus reigning over the earth in that heavenly Messianic kingdom will start and during that 1000 year reign the resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous will begin which also will be over a period of time. We have to understand though that those resurrected during the 1000 year reign are resurrected on a paradise earth and are subjects of that Messianic kingdom that Jesus is king of while those who are resurrected in the first resurrection have a resurrection like Jesus and not only are they kings and priests and judges with Jesus in that heavenly Messianic kingdom but are rewarded with immortality and inherit incorruption like when Jesus was resurrected.