Millions of American Believers take Authority over Covid-19 Virus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you, that a global brushstroke like the one I used above has some "innocent" exceptions, but as a general rule, what I posted is true for most "christians" who love to control their world by telling God what to do based on their belief system and their expectations of God.
But I would not say it is true of most pre-trib Christians.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But I would not say it is true of most pre-trib Christians.

We have both expressed an opinion on this matter as to who likes to control their circumstances w.r.t. the tribulation. How these people reach their expectations or pray concerning this outcome is a mute point where we can have a "he said," "she said" type of discussion. I am now just wondering why you are arching up so much about a global broad brush stroke statement.

Perhaps your arching up is saying more about you than it is about what I had posted.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Millions of American Believers take Authority over Covid-19 Virus and command covid-19 virus die and begone in the USA today--Thank and praise God-Amen!!
Jesus says we believers can do the same=====
Matthew 21:18 Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered.

Matthew 21:19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.

Matthew 21:20 And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!

Matthew 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well clearly your proclamation did not work. COVID-19 is still here isn't it? And it is still growing isn't it?
Taking "authority" over the disease smacks of the "positive confession" Hindu mind-control heresy that comes out of the occult inspired "Power of Positive Thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale.

Also reminds me of the English king Canute who stood at the sea shore and commanded the tide to stop at his feet. When the waves went over his feet and knees, he sort of considered that maybe he didn't have authority over the tide after all!

The coronavirus will not die or be stemmed just by some Christians thinking they have personal authority over it. They don't. The Scripture says "All authority is given to Me [Christ] in heaven and in earth".

The best we can do is to follow the Scripture: "Be anxious for nothing, but by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God, and the peace of God that passes all understanding will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if 30 million believers had rebuked the covid-19 virus and took authorith as Jesus says we should.

Millions of American Believers take Authority over Covid-19 Virus and command covid-19 virus die and begone in the USA today--Thank and praise God-Amen!!

Matthew 21:19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.

Matthew 21:20 And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!

Matthew 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What if 30 million believers had rebuked the covid-19 virus and took authorith as Jesus says we should.

There is a caveat on what we can pray for in relation to what you have quoted about prayer. You can't take one single verse without applying the other passages about prayer. Another verse adds "according to God's will", and this links with Paul's instruction, "Be not unwise but understanding what the will of God is". James says that we don't receive because we want to spend it on our lusts. What this means is that God is not a vending machine that gives us what we want every time we put our prayer coin in the slot.

Also, prophecies about the end times include the spread of pestilences throughout the earth, and so the coronavirus could very well be a fulfilment of prophecy, so to try and "rebuke" it and command it to die, could be trying to do something against what God is purposely allowing as a sign of the end times.

It is clear that Jesus could rebuke a storm and a fig tree and see a successful result; but then He is God and is well able to do that, and He did these as signs that He was their Messiah. But there is no evidence of anything similar in the New Testament.

If Christian believers did have the automatic power to rebuke diseases, they should have been able to rebuke the great plagues of Europe and Britain, but there is no evidence that anyone actually tried and if they did, succeeded. But one Scottish Covenanter in the 17th Century prophesied that although the plague was all around a city, it would not come within the city limits, and it didn't. But then that was a Holy Spirit inspired prophecy which indicated that it was God's will for that plague to be stopped at the city limits as a sign that the Scottish Covenanters were really of God and that the gospel they preached was true.

Even when Elijah caused there to be a 3 year drought in Israel, it was through his prayer, not any command that he gave. And after three years he prayed again and the rain fell again. The principle stated was that the effectual, fervent prayers of a righteous man avails much. Also the fire that came down on the altar on Mount Carmel was as the result of prayer not a command.

But Jesus had the power of command when He called Lazarus out of the tomb. But as Elijah was a man of like passions as we are, Jesus wasn't, so there is a major difference.

So all we can to is to seek the Lord in prayer to show us His will, and once we know His will beyond all doubt, then we can pray in confidence and know that there will be positive answer.

Reactions: reformed1689

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Such an abuse of Scripture....

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Why then are there posts here about churches closing because of the virus?
Why wasn't there an appeal to do this with the far more dangerous ebola virus.?
Will those Christian who have claimed authority over a virus, rethink there theolog y if they catch it, after all as they are emune they will be going out to care for those in need in there communities?

Aren't they?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Far too many of today's churches are little more than "social clubs" and even try to ignore the very Words of Jesus===
Matthew 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.===Just think!! What power 30+ million believers that take authority and command that covid-19 die and begone in Jesus's name!!!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Such a statement smacks of idiocy and nursesry babble. The emptiness of the claim is seen in the reality that the coronavirus is still here, two days later. So what happened to all that 'authority'?

Christians don't have the authority to play God, either to bring or to send away a plague. Christians have all authority to trust in God in the midst of these plagues or pestilences and know that He hears and reacts to them.

In the process of our daily walk with God, or our ministry, we may well encounter impossible, and overwhelming adversaries. In this we trust God to deliver us. But if he does not, we trust Him anyway. God didn't deliver all martyrs from death. Does that make their faith less. Of course not. Their faith saw them through the trial. Though it meant death.

(Dan. 3:17-18) "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up."

This is the faith I want developed in me. Not that of the OP.

Stranger

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Far too many of today's churches are little more than "social clubs" and even try to ignore the very Words of Jesus===
Matthew 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.===Just think!! What power 30+ million believers that take authority and command that covid-19 die and begone in Jesus's name!!!
More taking Scripture out of context..... There is no such thing in the Bible as "name it and claim it"

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your choice=believe the Words of Jesus or reject and pay the price'

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such a statement smacks of idiocy and nursesry babble. The emptiness of the claim is seen in the reality that the coronavirus is still here, two days later. So what happened to all that 'authority'?

Christians don't have the authority to play God, either to bring or to send away a plague. Christians have all authority to trust in God in the midst of these plagues or pestilences and know that He hears and reacts to them.

In the process of our daily walk with God, or our ministry, we may well encounter impossible, and overwhelming adversaries. In this we trust God to deliver us. But if he does not, we trust Him anyway. God didn't deliver all martyrs from death. Does that make their faith less. Of course not. Their faith saw them through the trial. Though it meant death.

(Dan. 3:17-18) "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up."

This is the faith I want developed in me. Not that of the OP.

Stranger
Well said... this kind of post cause the people to blaspheme God.

Reactions: Paul Christensen

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nah, not over. Just noting, prayer can spare.

Glory to God,
Taken
I appreciate your attempt to make sound, a very unsound statement, but your explanation was not according to what the OP stated.
He should've said what you said, ...but even then, that would've been rather redundant!

Reactions: Keeper

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Enow,

This is what I was posting/commenting on.

Your response to my posted comment, showed that your understanding is not in line with God's understanding of Prayer.

IN the OP, there was no mention of the need for the USA citizens to repent of their iniquities. In the Book of Judges, the first step in process of removal of the tribulation that the Israelites were experiencing was a realization of their need to repent of doing what was right within their own eyes and not what was right in the eyes of God.

The judges first action was to call the people to repentance. Their second action was to remove the tribulation from the people concerned.

That is not what the OP was suggesting was happening during this time of Prayer.

Shalom
Very insightful!