Millions of American Believers take Authority over Covid-19 Virus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Mockers and scoffers pay a very high price as they dare and even ask for early judgment!!
I think many laughed at King Canute when he stood at the sea shore and commanded the tide to stop coming in, and realised that he had no authority over the incoming tide as the waves washed over his knees!

Those ones who think they can stop the pandemic by telling it to stop are just being "King Canutes". If they had authority then it wouldn't be still out of control with new cases skyrocketing in the US, threatening to overwhelm the health system.

Reactions: onlyme17

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So it is just pre-triggers?

This comment is about as nonsensical as the Op.
Pre-Trigger? Was that Roy Rogers' previous horse before he got Trigger? Perhaps Gabby Hayes caught a cold and was a little hoarse! Sorry to saddle you with the joke, but I wanted to buck the trend, and then show a clean pair of hoofs. I thought I had finished the post but I forgot about the tail end that came after the mane joke.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, the prophet had come to him in his sickbed telling him to get ready because he was going to die. When the prophet left he turned in his bed and prayed to God asking that he be given more time. God heard his prayer and had the prophet go back and tell him that he had 15 more years. He had been one of the few good kings. After being granted 15 more years, he may have made his biggest recorded mistake. He showed visiting Babylonians everything. After than the prophet advised him that those Babylonians would conquer Judah, but it would not happen during Hezekiah's reign.

Perhaps, that is the way 2 Kings records it, but 2 Chronicles 32:24-26 may imply that he had to repent and Isiah 38 confirms what I had said.

Certainly this passage tells us of his sin: -

2 Kings 18:13-16: - 13 And in the fourteenth year of King Hezekiah, Sennacherib king of Assyria came up against all the fortified cities of Judah and took them. 14 Then Hezekiah king of Judah sent to the king of Assyria at Lachish, saying, "I have done wrong; turn away from me; whatever you impose on me I will pay." And the king of Assyria assessed Hezekiah king of Judah three hundred talents of silver and thirty talents of gold. 15 So Hezekiah gave him all the silver that was found in the house of the Lord and in the treasuries of the king's house. 16 At that time Hezekiah stripped the gold from the doors of the temple of the Lord, and from the pillars which Hezekiah king of Judah had overlaid, and gave it to the king of Assyria.

Isaiah 38:21 gives us the following information about why Hezekiah was dying: -

Isaiah 38:21: - Now Isaiah had said, "Let them take a lump of figs, and apply it as a poultice on the boil, and he shall recover."​

He was dying because he had a boil that would not heal.

The king did not trust in the Lord to save him or Jerusalem at this time. That was his sin that he had to repent of.

Shalom

Reactions: amadeus

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Millions of American Believers take Authority over Covid-19 Virus and command covid-19 virus die and begone in the USA today--Thank and praise God-Amen!!
Well, if that works, then they can pray and "take Authority" over cancer, obesity, car crashes, fleas, bad golf swings. Can't wait!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pre-Trigger? Was that Roy Rogers' previous horse before he got Trigger? Perhaps Gabby Hayes caught a cold and was a little hoarse! Sorry to saddle you with the joke, but I wanted to buck the trend, and then show a clean pair of hoofs. I thought I had finished the post but I forgot about the tail end that came after the mane joke.
Auto correct is getting out of hand,

was trying to set up a tv for streaming last night asked me to put in the code, I had to retype the code multiple times because no matter what I did, it corrected (in its mind) my typing,

talk about frustration

Reactions: onlyme17

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Auto correct is getting out of hand,

was trying to set up a tv for streaming last night asked me to put in the code, I had to retype the code multiple times because no matter what I did, it corrected (in its mind) my typing,

talk about frustration
Your misspelling hit my funny one so just couldn't help it. The puns just flowed.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is my hope that one day Americans will begin to declare themselves as Christian Americans rather than the too often American Christians, as if being American is more important than being Christian.
They must be born again first. Then they just say we belong to Jesus. (and there's no worry about any disease. )
"We Don't Know God!" by Leonard Ravenhill

•Mar 11, 2009
(on youtube)

“One of these days some simple soul will pick up the Book of God, read it, and believe it. Then the rest of us will be embarrassed. We have adopted the convenient theory that the Bible is a Book to be explained, whereas first and foremost it is a Book to be believed (and after that to be obeyed).”
― Leonard Ravenhill, Why Revival Tarries

Paul never glamorized the gospel! It is not success, but sacrifice! It's not a glamous gospel ,but a bloody gospel, a gory gospel, and a sacrificial gospel! 5 minutes inside eternity and we will wish that we had sacrificed more!!! Wept more, bled more, grieved more, loved more, prayed more, given more!!!
Leonard Ravenhill

Quotes of
LEONARD RAVENHILL

Nobody else can give you a clean heart but God.
There's one thing we need above everything else; it's something we don't talk about these days. We need a mighty avalanche of conviction of sin.

We're living in an unprecedented day (when) evil is no longer evil. We've changed the terminology-- iniquity is now infirmity; wickedness is now weakness; devilry is now deficiency.

Quotes of Leonard Ravenhill

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world--the desires of ...

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world--the desires of the flesh, the desires of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not from the Father but from the world.
For everything in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--comes not from the Father but from the world.

Luke 13:24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow ...

Luke 13:24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able.
"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. New Living Translation "Work hard to enter the narrow door to God's Kingdom, for many will try to enter but will fail. English Standard Version "Strive to enter through the narrow door.
Luke 13:22-28 - "Many Will Seek to Enter"

Luke 13:22-28 - “Many Will Seek to Enter”
"Strive to enter through the narrow door…" Luke 13:22-28 . Many are seeking peace, contentment, security and purpose. Many others once searched for these things as well but since have given up, not because these things cannot be found but rather because they looked in the wrong places or did not search diligently enough.

“The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think many laughed at King Canute when he stood at the sea shore and commanded the tide to stop coming in, and realised that he had no authority over the incoming tide as the waves washed over his knees!

Those ones who think they can stop the pandemic by telling it to stop are just being "King Canutes". If they had authority then it wouldn't be still out of control with new cases skyrocketing in the US, threatening to overwhelm the health system.
Is such a blanket condemnation proper... or have you personally heard from God about this?

It may be and probably is that many who 'think they can stop the pandemic' are as you say, but be slow to discount the seeming ravings of apparent lunatics who in some cases may be lunatics indeed for God.

Elisha had sent a young prophet to Jehu to anoint him king of the northern 10 tribes of Israel and he did... but notice the pointedly negative reaction of people before they knew what the prophecy was:

"Then Jehu came forth to the servants of his lord: and one said unto him, Is all well? wherefore came this mad fellow to thee? And he said unto them, Ye know the man, and his communication.
And they said, It is false; tell us now. And he said, Thus and thus spake he to me, saying, Thus saith the LORD, I have anointed thee king over Israel.
Then they hasted, and took every man his garment, and put it under him on the top of the stairs, and blew with trumpets, saying, Jehu is king." II Kings 9:11-13

They favored Jehu rather than any prophet of God and spoke evil of the prophet until they heard that the prophecy was what they wanted to hear. They changed their tune because their ears were tickled rather than because they had heard from God. In spite of their foolish words, the prophecy came to pass... There may be many claiming to be prophets today and many, or even most, of them may be false prophets, but listen for God's voice in what they say. If you don't hear from Him might not the better course be to remain silent?

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:...
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1,7

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps, that is the way 2 Kings records it, but 2 Chronicles 32:24-26 may imply that he had to repent and Isiah 38 confirms what I had said.

Certainly this passage tells us of his sin: -

2 Kings 18:13-16: - 13 And in the fourteenth year of King Hezekiah, Sennacherib king of Assyria came up against all the fortified cities of Judah and took them. 14 Then Hezekiah king of Judah sent to the king of Assyria at Lachish, saying, "I have done wrong; turn away from me; whatever you impose on me I will pay." And the king of Assyria assessed Hezekiah king of Judah three hundred talents of silver and thirty talents of gold. 15 So Hezekiah gave him all the silver that was found in the house of the Lord and in the treasuries of the king's house. 16 At that time Hezekiah stripped the gold from the doors of the temple of the Lord, and from the pillars which Hezekiah king of Judah had overlaid, and gave it to the king of Assyria.

Isaiah 38:21 gives us the following information about why Hezekiah was dying: -

Isaiah 38:21: - Now Isaiah had said, "Let them take a lump of figs, and apply it as a poultice on the boil, and he shall recover."​

He was dying because he had a boil that would not heal.

The king did not trust in the Lord to save him or Jerusalem at this time. That was his sin that he had to repent of.

Shalom
Thank you! My response was from memory alone. I should have checked prior to presuming.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In The Bible, in Egypt, when plagues were described , WHO was not affected by the plagues ?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Millions of American Believers take Authority over Covid-19 Virus and command covid-19 virus die and begone in the USA today--Thank and praise God-Amen!!
2 Chronicles 7:14 [Full Chapter]
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Is such a blanket condemnation proper... or have you personally heard from God about this?

It may be and probably is that many who 'think they can stop the pandemic' are as you say, but be slow to discount the seeming ravings of apparent lunatics who in some cases may be lunatics indeed for God.

Elisha had sent a young prophet to Jehu to anoint him king of the northern 10 tribes of Israel and he did... but notice the pointedly negative reaction of people before they knew what the prophecy was:

"Then Jehu came forth to the servants of his lord: and one said unto him, Is all well? wherefore came this mad fellow to thee? And he said unto them, Ye know the man, and his communication.
And they said, It is false; tell us now. And he said, Thus and thus spake he to me, saying, Thus saith the LORD, I have anointed thee king over Israel.
Then they hasted, and took every man his garment, and put it under him on the top of the stairs, and blew with trumpets, saying, Jehu is king." II Kings 9:11-13

They favored Jehu rather than any prophet of God and spoke evil of the prophet until they heard that the prophecy was what they wanted to hear. They changed their tune because their ears were tickled rather than because they had heard from God. In spite of their foolish words, the prophecy came to pass... There may be many claiming to be prophets today and many, or even most, of them may be false prophets, but listen for God's voice in what they say. If you don't hear from Him might not the better course be to remain silent?

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:...
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1,7

Keep calm and take the blue pill... :)

I don't believe in commanding things. Too much the "name it and claim it" Hindu mind control stuff. But nothing to stop me requesting God to command it to stop, when it is His will to stop it.

"Be not unwise, but understanding what the will of God is" (Ephesians 5:17).

"Be anxious for nothing, but by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God, and the peace of God that passes all understanding will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus
" (Philippans 4:6-7).

I am holding on to Psalm 91 as my security umbrella:
"He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you"

(4-7).

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you! My response was from memory alone. I should have checked prior to presuming.

The boil the king had was poisoning his body. The implications is that even though the king probably had the best available treatment, he was still dying from blood poisoning resulting from the boil. The means of treating the boil came for the prophet, who was God's mouth piece at that time with the king.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Keep calm and take the blue pill... :)

I don't believe in commanding things. Too much the "name it and claim it" Hindu mind control stuff. But nothing to stop me requesting God to command it to stop, when it is His will to stop it.

"Be not unwise, but understanding what the will of God is" (Ephesians 5:17).

"Be anxious for nothing, but by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God, and the peace of God that passes all understanding will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus
" (Philippans 4:6-7).

I am holding on to Psalm 91 as my security umbrella:
"He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you"

(4-7).

I am "secure in who I am in the Lord," and as such I have no need for a security umbrella or blanket to hid under or beneath.

In the example of Hezekiah, he was looking for security in God but he was not secure in God.

There is a very big difference.

Daniel's three friends were secure in the Lord before they were put into the furnace and as such they were not looking for security of their lives in the Lord. They were content in whatever outcome befell them.

Last edited: