Millions of years ago ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did I say not to reject another person's religion?

What is my definition of loving others and how is it different from the Bible?

How is loving God and others, hypocritical?

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
aspen2 said:
When did I say not to reject another person's religion?
aspen2 said:
I am reconciled with the Catholic Church, why are you still in rebellion?
30 min latter you said..........
aspen2 said:
It is you that rejects my faith. I do not reject yours.
-
-
-
-
As to the rest of your strawman questions I suggest you re-read what we have just said to one another on the last page.

aspen2 said:
What is my definition of loving others and how is it different from the Bible?
Your definition of love towards another is that the recipient immediately receives it positively.
The bibles definition for God loving and disciplining those he loves is it not an immediate positive response.

Yours is a form of false flattery a patronizing form of love
1) Treat with an apparent kindness that betrays a feeling of superiority.

Reactions: KingJ

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The use of a strawman is an inferior form of logic used to make a point at all costs. Questions are not examples of strawman logic - they are a method of gathering information.

Asking you why you choose to remain in rebellion with a portion of the Body of Christ is not a rejection of your faith or religion. It is an inquiry - I am asking you why you are rejecting the teachings and members of the RCC that embrace the same doctrines of the Trinity your church Promotes. We have far more in common than we do in disagreement.

I have no expectations about how the love I offer is received - if I did, I could not work with the population I work with. I express love through service, not agreement. I think you are more prone to false flattery because you confuse love with a superior declaration of doctrine and interpret disagreement as hatred and agreement as a return of love. I also think you expect people to hate you, which in your mind is the same as disagreeing with you.

Love is the double edge sword that supersedes likemindedness.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
aspen2 said:
The use of a strawman is an inferior form of logic used to make a point at all costs. Questions are not examples of strawman logic - they are a method of gathering information.
The straw-man is this, after we continue to talk, then I point out the hypocrisy in your theology "review what you just said" you pretend you don't know what I'm referring to.
aspen2 said:
Love is the double edge sword that supersedes likemindedness.
No the word is a double edged sword, the problem with your love in every situation is this, both sides of your sword are love and bubbles.
On the other hand the word says that it cuts threw the very fabric to the core of a man, that's the side that cuts.

Yours looks more like a bubble wand
Bubble_wand.jpg_250x250.jpg

And is just as useless as one in the Spirit

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently I do not recognize the hypocricsy in my theology. As I already explained, accepting a person inspite of their error and serving them is the same love Jesus offered to the sinners He met. Likemindedness is not love - instead it is more likely based on differing to the most aggressive person in the room, which is a form of flattery.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Then in your own opinion Jesus must have been a pretty poor Christian, he was far from expressing the unconditional love you preach, he even warned many that were on their way to hell, serving their father the devil.

To you this is not loving, this is condemnation, IMO in Gods eyes this is a type of love, letting them know ahead of time what the result will be Ifd they continue on their own.
Walter Wink is your Messiah he's the one that teaches what you believe.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rex said:
Then in your own opinion Jesus must have been a pretty poor Christian, he was far from expressing the unconditional love you preach, he even warned many that were on their way to hell, serving their father the devil.

To you this is not loving, this is condemnation, IMO in Gods eyes this is a type of love, letting them know ahead of time what the result will be Ifd they continue on their own.Walter Wink is your Messiah he's the one that teaches what you believe.
You do know what a strawman is after all - you have decided what I believe, set it up and knocked it down. I am left to fight against your pet idea of me that only exists in your head.

Jesus was warning sinners about the condition of their souls - like a doctor warns a person with a chronic disease. He wasn't condemning them to Hell for their behavior - He was warning them of the end result of their disease.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
As usual it's been interesting aspen,
I'm sure the next time we meet to see the same game played out again.
It ends the same way, you finally start to catch on but you'll go right back to same state of mind I find you in every time.
You'll say few things and I show you your error, you get butt hurt and come back to reality. Latter

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rex, based on our discussions, we have never met. I have little doubt however, that you will continue your attempt to convert your strawman, Love and Bubbles to your way of thinking - good luck with that - we can all see that you need him more than he needs you.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
There is something very important we must remember when it comes to the age of the earth.

originally all of creation was credited to being created by God .... and the best date we could come up with was 6000 years old according to the genealogy of the bible.

It was only when the secular world (non-creationists) began promoting their evolutionary theory that people started to use millions of years to date the earth.

Then even Christians started to bump up their dates ..... WHY ??? .... they did it to appease the non-creationists .... it serves no other purpose. !!!!!!!!!

God does not require long periods of time to create anything

An example ..... Making and fermenting wine takes time ... yet Jesus did it in an instant at the wedding.

Now the "serious" issue

According to God ..... do you know what the biggest sin is ?

It is not recognizing The Creator and creation as being entirely done by God ..... anyone who does not recognize this is venturing into dangerous territory ..... read this carefully ...

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Summary ..... not recognizing God and His creation is the greatest sin .... and when mankind does that ..... then He gives them over to do all the other 'terrible sins" like murder , hate , sexual depravity.

The Christian would be wise not to ignore Gods record of creation in Genesis ..... when we move away from that , we are joining with the unbelieving secular evolutionists who claim that the world made itself over a long period of time.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My post of what Apostle Paul showed in Rom.8 is further proof of what I'm saying that God's first original creation of the heavens and the earth was an undetermined time long, long ago and the fossil records agrees with those Scriptures.

More proof in Jer.4:23-28 and Isaiah 45:18 and 2 Peter 3.
Romans 8 has nothing at all to do with the original creation. It is a teaching of Pauls to the Romans about walking in the spirit.

Jeremiah 4 has nothing at all to do with creation. It is God speaking to an unfaithful Israel.

Isaiah 45 has nothing at all to do with the original creation. It is a statement as to who God is and what he did.

2 Peter 3 has nothing to do with the original creation. It is a teaching about the day of the Lord...to come.

If the creation happened before Genesis one, there were no fossils as Genesis one makes it clear that is when he created all life.

And finally, how do you know that God's original creation was an undetermined time long, long ago apart from fossils that didn't exist?

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
marksman said:
If the creation happened before Genesis one, there were no fossils as Genesis one makes it clear that is when he created all life.

And finally, how do you know that God's original creation was an undetermined time long, long ago apart from fossils that didn't exist?
[Answer from God The Father] Timothy, indeed dinosaurs did exist and dwell upon the earth... For they, along with the plants and animals of their day, were laid to rest as an earthen foundation for men, for I knew the needs of men before men knew the earth, and prepared it for them.

All the creatures of God were in the garden, neither destroying nor given to destruction, until that day that evil and sin spoiled the garden and desecrated that which The Lord had made. Neither trust in, nor give heed to, the instruments of men, nor the men of learning, for they do greatly err. For all the discoveries of men are retrospect, and proved and reproved in their eyes, only to come to nothing before God.

Only one proof stands forever, and has lasted throughout the generations...
The Word of God, The Bright and Shining Sign Post...
Heed its warnings, and come to repentance.

Soon the end sign shall fill the heavens, and every eye shall behold it. What then, oh men of wisdom, shall you do? Shall you hide in the rocks?... Bury your head in the sand? Your words are wind; your devices, dust; your knowledge of non-effect, when faced with the blazing torch of God and His Truth Undeniable, placed upon the tree, pierced and mocked... Yet the Truth shall set you free. Flee not to the mountains, nor hide your face.

Tremble in fear, and call on His name...
And I, even I, shall grant you a reprieve and give you life.
Holy is The Lord God Almighty, for He is rich in mercy...
Call on His name!

Excerpt from:
All Things Were Ordained From the Beginning...No Other Name is Given by Which You Must Be Saved
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5?title=All_Things_Were_Ordained_From_the_Beginning...No_Other_Name_is_Given_by_Which_You_Must_Be_Saved

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Arnie Manitoba said:
There is something very important we must remember when it comes to the age of the earth.

originally all of creation was credited to being created by God .... and the best date we could come up with was 6000 years old according to the genealogy of the bible.

It was only when the secular world (non-creationists) began promoting their evolutionary theory that people started to use millions of years to date the earth.
You have no proof of that. That's just a supposition by the young earth theorists you've chosen to heed.

Apostles Paul and Peter understood about the destruction of the "world that then was". I covered Paul's teaching in Romans 8 about it right here within this thread, yet you obviously don't care to read it and compare it with the actual written Scripture.

So if Apostles Paul and Peter understood about God's original first perfect creation prior to the flood of Gen.1:2, and they did as they showed in Rom.8 and 2 Pet.3, then that's how far back the evidence goes for some understanding this earth is very ancient, and not just 6,000 years old.

marksman said:
Romans 8 has nothing at all to do with the original creation. It is a teaching of Pauls to the Romans about walking in the spirit.

Jeremiah 4 has nothing at all to do with creation. It is God speaking to an unfaithful Israel.

Isaiah 45 has nothing at all to do with the original creation. It is a statement as to who God is and what he did.

2 Peter 3 has nothing to do with the original creation. It is a teaching about the day of the Lord...to come.
That ignorance is just like someone sticking their bare hand in fire and saying something like, "This is not hot, nor is it burning my hand."

Trumpeter said:
All the creatures of God were in the garden, neither destroying nor given to destruction, until that day that evil and sin spoiled the garden and desecrated that which The Lord had made. Neither trust in, nor give heed to, the instruments of men, nor the men of learning, for they do greatly err. For all the discoveries of men are retrospect, and proved and reproved in their eyes, only to come to nothing before God.
In other words, don't listen to common sense nor even bother with thinking for yourself. Just be blind as bats and believe what 'we' tell you to believe!

That's what Trumpeter has actually said.

Who believes that kind of thinking comes from God???

Apostle Paul was learned in The Scriptures of God's Word. Do you think that might have something to do with why our Lord Jesus chose Paul to write most... of The New Testament Books???

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Arnie Manitoba said:

Your right it is about 6000 years to Adam the first man, what does that have to do with the age of the earth?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does it matter to anyone that a literal interpretation of the creation story is not scientifically possible? only the most fringe scientists adhere to a literal interpretation.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
aspen2 said:
does it matter to anyone that a literal interpretation of the creation story is not scientifically possible? only the most fringe scientists adhere to a literal interpretation.
I think by now most know that your opinion of Gen is that it's nothing but a made up story that serves a lesion of instruction.

So whats the message in the creation story aspen?

And the story is scientifically possible If you understood how the expansion of the universe effects time according to your location.
I wont bore you with the evidence, I have posted it a couple of times already.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Close - I refer to it as a myth. I've never been dismissive of the myth, however - never added the words 'nothing but a story'. I believe the myth is authoritative, just like all the myths in the Bible. Everything in the Bible is inspired by God, but written from a human perspective.

The point of the creation story is that God is all powerful, which is the main point of the OT. It also provides us with the origin of sin and insight into our broken relationship with God.

I also suspect that the creation myth is based on a revelation from God to Moses during contemplative prayer.

In any case, the message is important. No need to make it into a millstone for the necks of educated scientific minded people by turning it into a requirement for Christianity or salvation.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
So whats the message in the creation myth aspen?

That Gods a lair

That the bible has nothing with fact or truth? that it's simply a myth?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you also take Song of Solomon literally? It is not meant to be taken literally - neither are Jesus's parables, but they are still important. And I think of God as more of a sanctuary than a lair.