Mind The Same Thing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:16,

Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

If you "mind the same thing" you have control over everything that goes on in your life, as far as expression goes. Taking things away from a person does not begin a work in them, salvation begins a work in them and being "mind the same thing" is how they can live before the father. A completed human being with Christ in them knowledge. The term pure grace scares some people because they relate that to a lifestyle of sin, why I don't know but it is what people think when they hear the word grace, and pure grace will never ever cross their minds. Why is there so much caution in their thinking? most know themselves and they have never had the message of pure grace explained or taught to them.

The easiest way to explain grace is; grace is a finished work of God on Calvary, where a form of law keeping is always an on going work. When you have a finished work (grace) there is no wiggle room, it is finished, done, complete. That means there is no more repentance for you, let me clarify; when you sin in grace the repentance is to get back in fellowship with your father. Sure we ask for forgiveness, but a believer that's knows grace has nothing to fall back on. He knows when he sins he is hurting and separating himself (in mind only) from his father, Hebrews 6:2,

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

That's what it means to have no repentance, what are you going to do! willfully sin and ask forgiveness, no it don't work like that. You have taken yourself out of fellowship with the Christ in you, your Father, and the Holy Spirit.

So grace as we have talked about is going to be harder at first for people to live because of their thinking and form of law keeping. Once you understand grace you live a spontaneous life that is intended by your father. Not spontaneous sinning, but spontaneous expression of who you are, it will become as natural as sin did when you were a sinner. Learning Christ is the key to spontaneous living, you live according to your creation but it is Christ life living, that is pure grace. Learning Christ you see the death of Adam in Christ on the cross. Learning Christ you see what is meant for you to see in the scriptures, they open up to the believer for understanding and knowledge. It is like a key is handed to you to unlock what was previously locked out of your understanding. It will be as you learn Christ, because this understanding is not of something, nor some end time event, or where the anti-Christ is coming from. If that is what you are looking for then your not ready.

This understanding is of the Christ in you and what you do with that, anything else will be child's play and you will remain in the schoolhouse of your father for your good.

Reactions: Helen

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully that 'same thing' we are to mind are the truths of Scripture and not some one's vain imagination or some ecumenical mush.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once you understand grace you live a spontaneous life that is intended by your father.
Hi soul man,

Another terrific post!

I would mention . . . spontaneous as it seems to us, but entirely guided by the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Much love!

Reactions: soul man and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi soul man,

Another terrific post!

I would mention . . . spontaneous as it seems to us, but entirely guided by the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Much love!

Agree, effortless living in and by the Spirit...
Im reading a little short book by Andrew Farley ( never heard of him) that my daughter gave me..Called Relaxing with God.
chapter Title are "Your dead to law-based religion", " It's not about you",
etc etc.

Mark, it's SOoooo good to see you, I thought you had abandoned us!
I was so sad when 'not' seeing you. ...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree, effortless living in and by the Spirit...
Im reading a little short book by Andrew Farley ( never heard of him) that my daughter gave me..Called Relaxing with God.
chapter Title are "Your dead to law-based religion", " It's not about you",
etc etc.

Mark, it's SOoooo good to see you, I thought you had abandoned us!
I was so sad when 'not' seeing you. ...
Went to the mountains for a small vacation, no TV/Telephone/Computer!

Just snow and cold and my wife with me. Had a truly blessed time!

Much love!

Reactions: FHII

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Philippians 3:16,

Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

The underlying Greek word for "rule" is kanon meaning a standard of measure. A yard stick is a standard of measure, to know how long some thing is, one places it next to the standard. The Bible is the rule, standard to be followed and to know if some thing is true or false one places it next to the standard. The Bible standard is true, not contradictory. How then do we have so many religious groups that have mutually exclusive type contradictions, conflicts? In trying to change the standard to fit preconceived ideas, man made philosophies.

Reactions: soul man