Miracles, Signs and Wonders

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
lets see the heretical teachers

hinn
copeland
wimber
hagin
bakers
cain
jakes
price
osteen
prince
swaggart

to many false teachers to list it would fill up to many pages on the forum

Let's see your list of true preachers/teachers.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Swindoll
MacArthur
Rogers
Stanley Sr
Graham
Piper
Kennedy
Tozer
Spurgeon
Wiersbe
Ogilvie
Stott

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Swindoll
MacArthur
Rogers
Stanley Sr
Graham
Piper
Kennedy
Tozer
Spurgeon
Wiersbe
Ogilvie
Stott

You mentioned being at Pentecostal or Charismatic churches. Was that your first introduction to Christianity, or have you always been Calvinist, and just visited them. At least, you've chosen Calvinist preachers. I grew up a Cessationist, and was told by my church that when Pentecostals speak in tongues, they were actually speaking blasphemy. And I believed it. It is amazing to me that I ever found my way out of that misinterpretation of 1 Corinthians 13:8. But all I had to do was read to the end of the chapter, and the Holy Spirit opened my eyes. I was shocked. Now that I knew that the gifts had not ceased and will remain until we see God Jesus face to face, I knew I had to stay open. That was 1971. But not until 1977 did I actually receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit, all by myself on my knees at my seat during prayer time at church. If you ever want to read my testimony of that time in my life, I'll pm you. All you have to do is ask.

Reactions: amadeus and Josho

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Copeland teaches that Jesus died spiritually.

Personally, I've never heard that, but I'm not doubting you. I am not a follower of any on either of the previous lists. Actually, I'm not in any denomination or "movement." It is just me and the Holy Spirit. I call myself a Charismatic, because that is not a denomination, such as Pentecostal is a denomination. All it means to me is that I am Spirit-filled and have gifts. But people like to label me anyway and make assumptions.

My main ministry is not about spreading the knowledge about the gifts, but about sin. My number one passion is to teach that the Spirit can make us sinless, and where I fight the hardest is against Calvinism, and other denominations where that false doctrine from the Reformation has infected them.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Josho

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I've never heard that, but I'm not doubting you. I am not a follower of any on either of the previous lists. Actually, I'm not in any denomination or "movement." It is just me and the Holy Spirit. I call myself a Charismatic, because that is not a denomination, such as Pentecostal is a denomination. All it means to me is that I am Spirit-filled and have gifts. But people like to label me anyway and make assumptions.

My main ministry is not about spreading the knowledge about the gifts, but about sin. My number one passion is to teach that the Spirit can make us sinless, and where I fight the hardest against Calvinism, and other denominations where that false doctrine has infected them.
I used to work with a guy who sold Copeland tapes. I was SHOCKED at the things Copeland said.

Reactions: ChristisGod

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to work with a guy who sold Copeland tapes. I was SHOCKED at the things Copeland said.

I've never heard any. But that reminds me of a set of 6 tapes by MacArthur loaned to us about tongues that my husband and I listened to on a trip. We were both SHOCKED at some of the ridiculous things he said. Our mouths flew open at the same time. We had quite a laugh at that.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never heard any. But that reminds me of a set of 6 tapes by MacArthur loaned to us about tongues that my husband and I listened to on a trip. We were both SHOCKED at some of the ridiculous things he said. Our mouths flew open at the same time. We had quite a laugh at that.
Copeland said Jesus was born again in Hell. That He died spiritually and the Devil was His father.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Copeland said Jesus was born again in Hell. That He died spiritually and the Devil was His father.

That is hard to believe that he would have ANY followers after saying something like that. I'd have to hear the context of what he actually said.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We already have some threads on this subject. And there are two groups of Christians: (1) those looking for sign gifts today and (2) those who believe that they were for the apostolic age.

The history of the Church shows that sign gifts passed with the passing of the apostles. But there are many other spiritual gifts that are necessary today, and they are still in force. Paul says that greatest gift is AGAPE love (charity), and without that gift the sign gifts are no little value.

Not true. I have been involved in or seen healing miracles in the last two years.

Reactions: Rita

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not true. I have been involved in or seen healing miracles in the last two years.
If you have seen healing miracles in answer to prayer, then that is perfectly correct and in accordance with the fact that God has not stopped His direct healing miracles. They probably occur daily.

But we are talking about miracle workers within the churches. Where are all the miracle workers who should be in the hospitals clearing out the patients? Do you have any news items which speak about this?

"Many years ago, Oral Roberts came to our city with his “miracle working” campaign. We ran a newspaper advertisement offering a $1,000 reward for medical proof of a single miracle. Roberts never sought to claim the reward. He subsequently went back to Tulsa and established a hospital in which to treat the sick!"
Modern Miracles-True or False?