Misfit of the 20th century

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That is the only way to ensure that the prophecy of three days and three nights was fulfilled. Also since Christ fulfilled the Feast of Firstfruits in His resurrection, He was resurrected on the first day of the week.

The Prophecy of "three days and three nights" was fulfilled since Christ fulfilled the Feast of First Sheaf of firstfruits Waved Before the LORD in His Resurrection. It's one and the same Prophesy.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Well again...I don't get the importance....sorry..

I just know, that I know, that I know...that Jesus Christ rose from the dead.
God says so, I believe it....nothing else worries me like it worries others.

Bless you....H

Well again... I don't get what it is that you see worries, or should worry me (like it worries you that it worries me). You don't get the importance....sorry, or thankfully, I do, THERE, IN God's Written Word, the Scriptures AS IN THE LIVING WORD OF GOD JESUS CHRIST'S LIFE, DEATH AND RESURRECTION. And that's why it's so important to me, praise God for his Word,
"Jesus Christ, who was conceived of the Holy Spirit,
was born of the virgin Mary,
who suffered under Pilate,
was crucified AND
was BURIED and
ROSE AGAIN from the dead THE THIRD DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES",
for
“Without controversy, great is the Mystery of Godliness (God in Jesus Christ in Resurrection from the dead):
"GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH,
"GOD was justified in the Spirit (with Power Romans 1:3,4),
"GOD was seen of angels, was preached unto the Gentiles, was BELIEVED ON in the (whole) world (universe, creation),
"GOD was RECEIVED UP INTO GLORY (by the Power of his RESURRECTION Philippians 3:10)” :
"THE THIRD DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES" :
"ON THE SABBATH" :
"That God the Seventh DAY, RESTED".

Or can or does God not rest in the space of the material, of the "flesh", and in the time of his New Creation, the incorruptible, immortal in SPACE AND TIME from the dead RESURRECTED Son of God the Son of Man!?

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch111 said:
FIRST DAY OF UNLEAVENED BREAD (A HIGH SABBATH)
Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate...

Everything but 'exactly!' See e.g. post #23 for '~FIRST DAY OF UNLEAVENED BREAD (A HIGH SABBATH)~'.
If '~the day after~' was a '~High Sabbath, from sundown to sundown~', Why were the Priests about any business with Crucifying Jesus during a High Sabbath the day before? They would be Defied!

There was no day in between Abib 14 the Day of Sacrifice; and Abib 15 the FEAST-sabbath of eating and interment of "that which remained" of the sacrifice; or between the Feast-sabbath-high-day and the Day of Waving the First Sheaf "on the day after the sabbath .. because that day was great day sabbath of (passover)", ever in the Scriptures or in the history of Israel.

YES<YES Your are absolutely right,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you consult Ginrich or Bauer or any other lexicon or thing, all published AFTER Bauer's, for the word 'paraskeueh' - 'preparation' Noun, you will find the same conglomeration, because they are all the NT incidences of the word.

The incidences are placed in the order of the Books or Gospels in the NT while all of them supposedly refer to the supposedly ONLY historical occurrence of 'The Preparation'. You will find that all these incidences are usually or virtually always, referred to in commentaries, as 'The Preparation or Friday'. WHILE NOT ALL mention 'Friday' as "The Preparation". John 19:14 is the one incidence that does not refer to 'Friday' as "The Preparation".

For three main reasons why not:

1) The most obvious reason literally, the description by name-of-the-day differs. John 19:14 defines and limits "the Preparation Day" it speaks of by calling it "the Preparation-OF-THE-PASSOVER", Abib 14 "the FIRST day (of passover) when they KILLED the passover sacrifice" Mark 14:12 Matthew 26:17 Luke 22:7 in John 13:1 to verse 30 because of all the teachings placed within the span of That Day. Note that this day isn't called a 'preparation' day in the other Gospels.

2) The even more telling reason, its POSITION in historical chronological sequence or development. In other words, WHAT HAPPENED after it has been said that "It was The Preparation of the Passover 6 a.m. ...."? The Crucifixion proceeded and was done That Whole Selfsame Day! As in the other Gospels, until our Lord Jesus had died mid-afternoon its "ninth hour" That Selfsame Day of "twelve hours in the day".

3) The logical, that is, inevitable, resultant reason, The textual occurrence or place of the word "Preparation" or name rather, "Preparation-of-the-Passover". It is placed at the beginning of daylight on "the day before the Feast (Day)", "early" "six o'clock" its "morning" according to the other Gospels. Which was the beginning of the latter halve of it! It would end sunset after its "twelfth hour", yes?! Exactly! Just what we see. Jesus gave the ghost, died, mid-afternoon "the ninth hour" That Day, John 19:30. Nineteen verse thirty... So, what does one expect next?

Do you expect That Whole Selfsame Day to start all over again?! Madness, no! One would expect the day AFTER it to begin! To begin when? To begin as soon as the sun has set beginning the new day's "evening", that's when!

...aag, nonsense turkeys' gobblings...

Read John 19:31, please, just read it, please.

The stupid John, here he starts That Whole Selfsame Day over again! And the stupid other Gospel writers too... Mark in 15:42, Matthew in 27:57, and Luke .. well yes, too, in 23:50, because he too here tells of Joseph who arrived there and started undertaking to obtain the body of Jesus... of Jesus who was not even betrayed yet, not denied yet, not delivered over to be crucified yet That Selfsame Night yet! So does one THINK hey?

Thank You so much, for this Info!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The heavens declare The Glory of God : Jesus Christ; and the firmament showeth his Almighty Right Hand : Christ Raised from the dead and given all the Power of God. Day unto day uttereth Speech : The Word of God, Jesus Christ, and night unto night sheweth Knowledge, the Power of his Resurrection.
There is no speech nor knowledge in heaven and days their own, their voice is not heard; the Voice of God is heard, his Word is uttered. Their measuring line is gone out through all the earth, their words are gone out to the end of the world; in them God hath set a dome for the sun which, as a bridegroom comes out of his chambers rejoicing as a strong man to run a race. So has God in Christ been the God of heaven and earth in time of days from sunset and darkness to sunrise and light to sunset again. We, just like our redemption, are not existing in a nether land of pure emotion. Our life in Christ is tangible, and orderly regulated by God in Christ to the Will of God in Christ Jesus first and last. Read the rest of Psalm 19 while reading Jesus Christ The Law of the LORD, and ask if once you have violated the Psalm?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Because there are no *misfits* in Scripture.

PASSOVER MORNING
And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King...

PASSOVER EVENING
And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath...And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.

FIRST DAY OF UNLEAVENED BREAD (A HIGH SABBATH)
Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate...

I agree, "'there are no *misfits* in Scripture'". I showed the misfit in BAUER'S! Now you give me THREE MORE MISFITS of your own!