Modern Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm inviting others to show me modern fulfilled prophecies. Is something wrong with that?
I gave you an example but you've either missed it or ignored it.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So believers might get confused about things if they look for the fulfillment of prophecies during their own lifetimes. Even the prophets themselves rarely lived to see the fulfillment of what they prophesied, but partial fulfillments in their own times served as confirmation that the ultimate fulfillment would one day come.

This leaves out the discussion on the difference between prophecies that can be averted through repentance and those that cannot.

This thread is actually intended to be a request for information on modern prophecies that have been fulfilled with sufficient clarity so that we can know they are real.

I'm already fairly up to speed on all the reasons given when modern prophecies aren't fulfilled.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the early eighties I heard a preacher at a week-long outreach event prophesy that everything that is important to the modern day society would collapse. The legal system, education, medicine, families, commerce, banking, media etc. And all those years ago it seemed impossible but . . . . .look at things are now.

This seems specific enough and has come to pass. The preacher was called George Miller.
Can you tell me more of what he said?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is actually intended to be a request for information on modern prophecies that have been fulfilled with sufficient clarity so that we can know they are real.

I'm already fairly up to speed on all the reasons given when modern prophecies aren't fulfilled.

Much love!

The point, though, is that the vast majority of Biblical prophecies were not fulfilled during the lifetimes of those who uttered them; not even during their children's or grandchildren's lifetimes; many not within hundreds or even thousands of years. So if you're attempting to judge modern prophecies by a standard of what has already been fulfilled in order to know if they are "real" or not, aren't you setting yourself up for judging modern prophecies and the prophets who spoke them way too early? How would you have judged the Biblical prophets if you lived during their time?

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can you tell me more of what he said?
It was a very long time ago and at the time his message didn't seem to make much sense, but the bottom line was that the seven pillars of modern society would collapse some time in the future. I can't remember all the 'pillars' but they included family life, education, the justice system, commerce/industry, banking/finance, education, media/press and I think the other may have been medicine. He was a very powerful speaker and packed out the meeting hall for five nights in a row, with people coming in off the streets to hear him. I totally believe that what he said was prophetic indicating that God knew back in 1983 what was going to happen and that this was not only a warning but a sign to us that God was in complete control. It seemed impossible all those years ago but as things globally deteriorated I recalled what he said and took courage from knowing that God knew. Looking at the world today you can pretty much see that is exactly as was foretold.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point, though, is that the vast majority of Biblical prophecies were not fulfilled during the lifetimes of those who uttered them; not even during their children's or grandchildren's lifetimes; many not within hundreds or even thousands of years. So if you're attempting to judge modern prophecies by a standard of what has already been fulfilled in order to know if they are "real" or not, aren't you setting yourself up for judging modern prophecies and the prophets who spoke them way too early? How would you have judged the Biblical prophets if you lived during their time?
OT prophets often gave prophecies fulfilled in the prophet's lifetimes. That's how people knew they were prophets.

If someone claims to prophesy, shall we just say, OK, you're a prophet? The Bible tells us to let the prophet speak, and let the others discern.

So, let's look at what prophesy is. Correctly expressing God's Word, would you agree? There is exhortational, it either exhorts or it doesn't. Does it build us in the Spirit? Instructional, either it is true to Scripture or not. We test a prophecy's agreement with the Bible.

There is predictive. So for that, how do we know a true prophet? If the prophecy is fulfilled, I think is the one true way.

I've seen so much that obviously isn't, I've seen some that is, but only at personal levels. I've been aware of Kim Clement for some time, he's the one that currently interests me most.

So my question . . . have modern prophecies been fulfilled?

God seemed to put a big emphasis on the accuracy of the prophets. He told the people to not be afraid of the prophet who's prophecy does not come to pass.

So I'm asking who's prophecies have come to pass?

Much love!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OT prophets often gave prophecies fulfilled in the prophet's lifetimes. That's how people knew they were prophets.

If someone claims to prophesy, shall we just say, OK, you're a prophet? The Bible tells us to let the prophet speak, and let the others discern.

So, let's look at what prophesy is. Correctly expressing God's Word, would you agree? There is exhortational, it either exhorts or it doesn't. Does it build us in the Spirit? Instructional, either it is true to Scripture or not. We test a prophecy's agreement with the Bible.

There is predictive. So for that, how do we know a true prophet? If the prophecy is fulfilled, I think is the one true way.

I've seen so much that obviously isn't, I've seen some that is, but only at personal levels. I've been aware of Kim Clement for some time, he's the one that currently interests me most.

So my question . . . have modern prophecies been fulfilled?

God seemed to put a big emphasis on the accuracy of the prophets. He told the people to not be afraid of the prophet who's prophecy does not come to pass.

So I'm asking who's prophecies have come to pass?

Much love!
I'm going to disagree with you here for several reasons:
1) This could give false positives simply because somebody got lucky or had a decent guess.
2) This could give false negatives if we don't see something fulfilled in the exact way we were thinking in the exact timeline we were thinking. Example: Jonah.
3) It really narrows down a servant's of God role to just be "future teller".

I'd would say that if you want know if somebody is God's servant, ask Him about it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't have it both ways. If you believe there are modern prophets out there (other than Joseph Smith, Ellen G. White, William Branham*, etc. whom most Christians will not accept since they also introduced false teachings) it is up to you to present their prophecies. Otherwise you should accept what Paul said in 1 Cor 13:8. Christians should not be afraid to be called Cessationists, since Paul said that three spiritual gifts would cease, and cease they did.

Several people have also critiqued Kim Clement and called him a false prophet. I don't know enough about him, but in general I do not believe there are genuine prophets today.

Prophecy is divine revelation, and according to the apostle-prophet John, prophecies would cease after he finished writing the Revelation: For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: (Rev 22:18)

What was John saying? Any additional prophecies after 95 AD would be unacceptable to God. And as a matter of fact, none of the Early Church Fathers ever claimed to be either an apostle or a prophet.

*Note, William Branham either invented the Serpent Seed doctrine, or promoted this false doctrine, which claims that the Devil had sexual intercourse with Eve and produced Cain. Here is what he said, while contradicting the Bible: Before Adam ever had carnal knowledge of Eve, the serpent had that knowledge ahead of him. And that one born of it was Cain. Cain was of (born of, begotten of) that “Wicked One,” (I John 3:12)

However, this is what we read in Scripture: And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. (Gen 4:1) [Note" "knew" is a biblical euphemism for sexual intercourse]

So the Bible tells us that the first child of Adam and Eve was Cain, and that Eve recognized that she had received this son from the LORD. Indeed the name "Cain" (Hebrew Qayin) means "possession" or that which is acquired, hence "I have gotten". So what 1 John 3:12 means is that Cain had the character and attributes of Satan, who was also a murderer from the beginning.
Cain was Adam's son, not some sex driven devil's.

How silly.

However, Branham was involved in big miracles That is from God. So, God can use anyone with faith and a semblance of truth if He wishes.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Correct, although I've known you to be somewhat dismissive of prophecies that have actually been fulfilled, stating they were "vague," and that "anyone could prophesy such things." That's not to find fault with you here, but just to say that again you have a tendency to judge by your own standards which are somewhat slated towards unbelief.

Correct, only this presupposes that all Christians have discernment, and in today's Christianity I would say that is not really the case. If there were more discernment, there wouldn't be so much false prophecy and so many people buying into it.
So, let's look at what prophesy is. Correctly expressing God's Word, would you agree? There is exhortational, it either exhorts or it doesn't. Does it build us in the Spirit? Instructional, either it is true to Scripture or not.

Primarily exhortational, through means of revelation and instruction on a specific issue (1 Corinthians 14:26-31). But "expressing God's word... either it is true to scripture or not" assumes that the subject matter is actually talked about in scripture. Certainly what is revealed will be in harmony with scripture, but to say it must be "expressing God's word" would require more definition. That seems to suggest that all subject matter, including everything going on the 21st century, is discussed in God's word. There are also many who have wished to call simple teaching from the Bible as being "prophecy" to water down the true meaning of the word, ostensibly to make excuses for why their denomination and/or church leadership doesn't actually walk in the real thing. So I tend to view the description of prophecy as "expressing God's word" with suspicion, unless one is referring to true prophetic utterence actually being God's word. But then you again have a big debate over more specifically defining the terms.
There is predictive. So for that, how do we know a true prophet? If the prophecy is fulfilled, I think is the one true way... So my question . . . have modern prophecies been fulfilled? ...who's prophecies have come to pass?

But here you bypassed the link I posted from theophilus without commenting on it, and it is relevant to what you are asking here. True prophecies from God both ancient and modern, the most powerful ones especially, often contain words that are partially fulfilled in their lifetimes while the rest remains unfulfilled to a much later time. This is how God preserves long-term prophecies destined to be fulfilled thousands of years later, and much of Biblical prophecy was spoken in reference to the end-times, so it is an important principle to understand. The same is true of some modern prophesies that I could point you to. To say that it is not "true" prophecy unless something has been completely fulfilled is to miss an important element in judging prophecy. It also takes discernment as you yourself referenced. You once mentioned expressing doubts about Wilkerson's prophecies, but I was trying to tell you that through the use of discernment one can detect that it rings true with what other prophets are saying and have been saying, and that the direction things are going in confirms with almost certainty that it is from God. To understand the signs of the times is yet another form of operating in discernment (Matthew 16:2-3).

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully no one will misunderstand me. I'm not cessationist. I believe God gives His spiritual gifts in the modern day. Including prophecy.

There is so much prophecy out there. Prophecies from 40, 50 years ago, prophecies from now.

When Ezekiel prophesied Tyre would be scraped off into the sea, it was. After he prophesied that the bare rocks would be used for fishermen to dry nets they did.

When Isaiah prophesied to the king that his enemies would be gone by the time this child was weaned they were. When he prophesied Babylon would be taken by Cyrus it was. When he prophesied the gates would be open for him to get in they were.

When the prophet said Jericho's foundation would be laid with the death of the firstborn it was. When the gates were hung, the youngest son died according to the same prophecy.

Elisha, I think, was who said to the king's wife, when you return to your city your child will die, and it did.

Josiah was the one who burned the bones of the priests on their altars, according to the prophecy of the man of God.

Can anyone show me a prophecy from the modern day that was specific, and fulfilled with the same specificity?

Are there any examples of this? Not something we have to fudge. Not something vague, that we can kinda match to something.

Something specific.

Is there anything out there like that?

Much love!
I know some modern day prophets, and sometimes they get it wrong.

I have had several come to pass and are still happening to me as they were prophesied.

Most of them are/were regular brethren with a gift.

It is prevalent in the church and I celebrate it.(I don't trip on it if they are wrong from time to time, because it is the flesh in the way)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know some modern day prophets, and sometimes they get it wrong.

I have had several come to pass and are still happening to me as they were prophesied.

Most of them are/were regular brethren with a gift.

It is prevalent in the church and I celebrate it.(I don't trip on it if they are wrong from time to time, because it is the flesh in the way)
Many prophets of today have been taught by the Holy Spirit because there are hardly any churches to mentor them while they are young in their gifts and callings....but there are churches beginning to rise up and teach and train the sheep to operate in their gifts.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you are serious....this man of God was a true prophet....he died before seeing this prophesy come to pass.
H2S, your credibility rating just dropped dramatically! You actually believe this vague, prosperity-type, self-exalting nonsense?
Why are Christians so credulous and enamored by any charlatan that comes around, who simply state what every itching ear wants to hear - false hope for the nations? He sounds like a prosperity preacher?
'...a Trump that trumpets, a Gate at the gate...' did he really say that? Did he really say that that was how God expressed it?
I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, but not this transparently predictable, and utterly useless, feigned and deluded nonsense.

Shame H2S, you're sounding frivolous and gullible, enchanted by hocus-pocus more than the seriousness and austerity of God's wisdom and discipline. God cares very little of one's well being and prosperity on the earth. But rather, for the sake of Christ, he wants us to be resolute martyrs of this world which belongs to the prince of the air. That's what brings Him glory.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H2S, your credibility rating just dropped dramatically! You actually believe this vague, prosperity-type, self-exalting nonsense?
Why are Christians so credulous and enamored by any charlatan that comes around, who simply state what every itching ear wants to hear - false hope for the nations? He sounds like a prosperity preacher?
'...a Trump that trumpets, a Gate at the gate...' did he really say that? Did he really say that that was how God expressed it?
I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, but not this transparently predictable, and utterly useless, feigned and deluded nonsense.

Shame H2S, you're sounding frivolous and gullible, enchanted by hocus-pocus more than the seriousness and austerity of God's wisdom and discipline. God cares very little of one's well being and prosperity on the earth. But rather, for the sake of Christ, he wants us to be resolute martyrs of this world which belongs to the prince of the air. That's what brings Him glory.
I am not ashamed....neither am I persuaded that your opinion is valid. I don't seek to have the approval of man, only His approval, so my credibility remains good with my Father.

Reactions: Stan B and marks

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not ashamed....neither am I persuaded that your opinion is valid. I don't seek to have the approval of man, only His approval, so my credibility remains good with my Father.
Well, I'm sorry, but that was a bit of an idle defense. You didn't justify your position, nor the grounds for God's approval. Now, of course, like you said, you do not owe me or anyone else an explanation, but it would be rather revealing and possibly useful, if you did offer as to why you feel Clement is inspired, whereas someone like Copeland or Hinn, for example, are not? That is, how do you discern God's Spirit from a false spirit?
...you're not going to say the transpiration of the prophecy, are you? His were too vague and generic, to even make a viable comparison to actual events.

Reactions: Waiting on him