Modern Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 11:33-39 KJV
Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, [34] Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. [35] Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: [36] And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: [37] They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; [38] (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. [39] And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

Thought I'd list some of the attributes of Gods holy prophets. Just to see if our alleged modern prophets line up?
2 Corinthians 11:23-28 KJV
Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft. [24] Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. [25] Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; [26] In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; [27] In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. [28] Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

A few more for those who still don't get the picture.

They will (Revelation 18:24).
For now, they are mocked and ridiculed together with the false prophets. Comes with the territory.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so everyone has made an argument about who are the true " modern prophets", now who are all the false ones?

Certainly there are a multitude of false ones out there, but for the reasons I was telling Marks, it can be a dangerous proposition to begin assuming and condemning without accurate guidance from the Holy Spirit (See Posts #17, #27 and #34).

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly there are a multitude of false ones out there, but for the reasons I was telling Marks, it can be a dangerous proposition to begin assuming and condemning without accurate guidance from the Holy Spirit (See Posts #17, #27 and #34).
Oh I see I lack the Holy Spirit, thanks for clearing that up.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the most powerful active prophets in my life that his prophecies are still occurring in my life, backslid for awhile when his son murdered someone.
Did you know powerful(by Christ's empowerment), men of God can fail?
Does this nullify their prophecies and gifts?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 16:6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.

Acts 22:20 And when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the most powerful active prophets in my life that his prophecies are still occurring in my life, backslid for awhile when his son murdered someone. Did you know powerful (by Christ's empowerment) men of God can fail?
Does this nullify their prophecies and gifts?

They also come under increasing attack from the enemy, which increases the chances that he will find a weakness somewhere, whether through family members, spouses, children, partners in ministry, church members they are affiliated with, business partners, etc.

Interpreted something interesting with regard to Kathryn Kuhlman that is coming back to remembrance in regard to this. She was not a prophet, but had a strong ministry in evangelism for many years. Unfortunately she fell victim to covetousness. No idea what her eternal state was, but hers is a good example of why ministers of God - all ministers - need to stay alert to the strategies of the enemy. Those who presume they stand need to remain wary lest they fall:

dream/bad dream

Reactions: Truther

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the Prophets today should be celebrated.

If they get it wrong, they just need to correct it and folks need to let it go.

It is trial and error for them anyway.
Why should anyone be celebrated? We celebrate Jesus....your sarcasm is duly noted as one who doesn't believe but it isn't me or others who do that is offended, it's the Holy Spirit who grieves.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think with precision and wisdom. Not clichés, nor predictable or repetitive expressions like; 'God will bless the nation', God's wrath is about to be revealed', 'The time has come for God to take charge', 'the moment of truth is at hand', ...

As Samuel did when he spoke to Heli of the death of his sons. As the man of god did in regard to the altar at Bethel. As Elijah predicted the drought and Ahab & Jezebel's death with precision. Like the OT prophets who predicted the specific and imminent destruction of Israel's united Monarchy, and subsequent captivities. As they did when they spoke of the fate of certain kings. As Agabus did during the time of Paul's missionary journeys, as Jesus did in regard to the detailed destruction of the temple, and the scattering of his disciples.

I would expect that if a prophecy is from God it would resemble this type of both detailed, accurate and applicable warnings, that reveal God's sovereignty and His wisdom, and His desire to warn people with prophecies that they can understand and act upon.
Well since how you "think" it should be is carnal knowledge it can be considered opinion. You have no idea how He speaks through His messengers....
Since you want to turn this subject into a matter of how and what you believe then I will just humbly agree to disagree since I don't believe as you do.
Have a blessed day.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, although I've known you to be somewhat dismissive of prophecies that have actually been fulfilled, stating they were "vague," and that "anyone could prophesy such things." That's not to find fault with you here, but just to say that again you have a tendency to judge by your own standards which are somewhat slated towards unbelief.
Give me a break!

Two teams shall play against each other, and one shall prevail . . . The Tigers will win on Saturday. The Tigers win. Both are validated as prophecies?

You torpedo my whole inquiry by saying I'm just skeptical to begin with.

True prophecies from God both ancient and modern, the most powerful ones especially, often contain words that are partially fulfilled in their lifetimes while the rest remains unfulfilled to a much later time.
Yes, I understand about that. Some prophecy was fulfilled at that time, to validate the prophet, so that the prophecies which were for later would be believed.

This is why I became a Christian. The evidence of the fulfilled prophecies. And they validated the prophecies which I see lined up to be fulfilled.

So I tend to view the description of prophecy as "expressing God's word" with suspicion,
OK.

Quite a number of people would disagree with you including myself.

To say that it is not "true" prophecy unless something has been completely fulfilled is to miss an important element in judging prophecy. It also takes discernment as you yourself referenced.
Discernment is of course a slippery slope that once you lose your footing it can be tough to stop sliding.

Anyway, that's what this thread is about. Not to discuss whether or not there are modern prophets predicting things, but are there any of their prophecies that are fulfilled?

So far there is Kim Clement, I'm still looking for transcripts of his prophecies, if there are any.

If you feel that there are prophecies which have been fulfilled by modern prophets I'm interested.

one can detect that it rings true with what other prophets are saying and have been saying, and that the direction things are going in confirms with almost certainty that it is from God. To understand the signs of the times is yet another form of operating in discernment (Matthew 16:2-3).

That prophecies are similar to each other, that can be for various reasons. Have any been actually fulfilled?

Much love!

Reactions: Waiting on him

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus! "Time will tell" were words I once spoke in here. I have yet to hear the words of a modern day prophet on these boards or on any videos posted here. Nor have I seen The Lord interpret a dream here. I have seen dreams that The Lord has given as warnings, and yet they still remain unheeded. When The Lord speaks, His Words are Perfect and they flow like a river. Now, is not a time to be saying peace, peace, when there will be no peace, except for the peace found in His children. A handful in here, and you know who you are, as you have been fully known, know, that what will be raging out side, will not come near your tent. Stand firm and waiver not, for in time you will see The Gory that surpasses all. And before I leave this place a few personal comments, Marks my brother, unwrap the gift, Heart2Soul, my sister, the name on the white stone is for the same reason as Sarah's, HIH our common friends dreams, were about the need to put to death their earthy fathers influence in who they have become. And thus the phrase, "Have I come so far to only come this far", Helen, my sister in Christ Jesus, Back when you were sick I looked and saw a doctrine attached to The Truth that aout not be with you, and you know what that is.(US) Put that down, as this gives the enemy an inch. Mayflower, precious little one, the cage door will open by The Lord but I will ask The Lord to give you eyes to clearly see who put you(tricked) there. Pay attention to you dreams, as they truly are given to you as warnings and a call to prayer. And for those who spoke, and yet He did not speak, and for those who interpreted, and yet The Lord interpreted it not, a need for repentance is at hand, for The Lord will not be mocked.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to disagree with you here for several reasons:
1) This could give false positives simply because somebody got lucky or had a decent guess.
2) This could give false negatives if we don't see something fulfilled in the exact way we were thinking in the exact timeline we were thinking. Example: Jonah.
3) It really narrows down a servant's of God role to just be "future teller".

I'd would say that if you want know if somebody is God's servant, ask Him about it.
Agree, there is a lot more to this.

Jonah is the example, it's just like what God told Jeremiah, if I tell you I'm going to destroy, and they repent, I won't do it. Jonah knew this about God.

Most of the public modern prophecy I'm aware of falls back on this frequently. Storm to destroy village! Storm averted, people must have repented! Village spared!

There is so much in prophecy that is not predictive. I'm thinking about Isaiah, and so much of his prophecy is God telling His people how much He loves them.

And so that the people would know of a certainty that this was God speaking to them, He spoke through Isaiah to foretell things that would happen then.

Jonah. An interesting example. How do we know Jonah was a true prophet, considering that his prophecy of Nineveh's destruction didn't happen? Jesus said he was.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H2S, your credibility rating just dropped dramatically! You actually believe this vague, prosperity-type, self-exalting nonsense?
Why are Christians so credulous and enamored by any charlatan that comes around, who simply state what every itching ear wants to hear - false hope for the nations? He sounds like a prosperity preacher?
'...a Trump that trumpets, a Gate at the gate...' did he really say that? Did he really say that that was how God expressed it?
I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, but not this transparently predictable, and utterly useless, feigned and deluded nonsense.

Shame H2S, you're sounding frivolous and gullible, enchanted by hocus-pocus more than the seriousness and austerity of God's wisdom and discipline. God cares very little of one's well being and prosperity on the earth. But rather, for the sake of Christ, he wants us to be resolute martyrs of this world which belongs to the prince of the air. That's what brings Him glory.
I've been trying to find a transcript of this full prophecy, have you been able to read one? Have you listened to the entire prophecy?

Much love!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been trying to find a transcript of this full prophecy, have you been able to read one? Have you listened to the entire prophecy?

Much love!
I will see what I can find....his daughter continues the ministry he started.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, I'll give you a break. I don't even have time to read past that line right now. Into something excellent. You should read this thread. It's really good: The Impotent Church
I challenge you to speak your mind with clarity. I don't think you will. I think you'd rather hide in shadows and take potshots.

My questioning of whether any modern day prophecy has been fulfilled, you want to connect this to the feminization of the church?

You're grasping at straws.