Modern Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
was that a good thing or not? :confused:
That is questionable. It indirectly lead to the Arab spring, which made the middle east unstable. I believe it will make a greater threat to Israel than had there been no Arab-spring, as dictators had their own self interests. If God intends to incite war against Israel, the war with Iraq may have been instrumental.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
was that a good thing or not? :confused:
It was a good thing....war on terrorism....right after the attack of the twin towers aka World Trade Center in New York....numerous terrorists attacks on U.S. Embassy's....suicide bombers killing innocent citizens....yes it was a good thing to attack because they had gotten away with too many terrorist attacks without much retaliation and their militia was getting stronger and becoming very militarized with weapons of warfare....and they were being funded by Russia! Also their nuclear arms were being funded by our enemies.

https://www.history.com/topics/21st-century/9-11-attacks

Reactions: Stan B

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hmmm.....:confused: the only real way of determining whether someone is a prophet is if their prophecies come to pass. Somethings have but it is the major prophecies that really count. The world changing ones and I do not think that has happened yet. Those are wait and see issues atm...

Reactions: marks

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm.....:confused: the only real way of determining whether someone is a prophet is if their prophecies come to pass. Somethings have but it is the major prophecies that really count. The world changing ones and I do not think that has happened yet. Those are wait and see issues atm...
The Trump prophesy....the North and South Korea prophesy is in the works at this time...(Kim Un Jung is missing presumed dead)....the economic collapse of 2008 came to pass....but like I said I just by chance came across his youtube videos back in 2016

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HIH,

My understanding is that the 'transition' came about on the Day of Pentecost (see Acts 2:17-21).

Oz, how can Acts 2:17-18 have been completely fulfilled if Acts 2:19-20 hasn't come to pass yet?

I have some in-depth questions to ask about 1 Corinthians 12-14 as well, but let's deal with this one first.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oz, how can Acts 2:17-18 have been completely fulfilled if Acts 2:19-20 hasn't come to pass yet?

I have some in-depth questions to ask about 1 Corinthians 12-14 as well, but let's deal with this one first.

HiH,

Acts 2:17-20 (based on Joel's prophecy) is fulfilled in 2 parts:

‘“In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
20 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord (Ac 2:17-20 NIV).​

Verses 17-18 were fulfilled at Pentecost. Vv 19-20 will be fulfilled at the time of the Lord's Second Coming.

Oz

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HiH,

Acts 2:17-20 (based on Joel's prophecy) is fulfilled in 2 parts:

‘“In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
20 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord (Ac 2:17-20 NIV).​

Verses 17-18 were fulfilled at Pentecost. Vv 19-20 will be fulfilled at the time of the Lord's Second Coming.

Oz

But then why did Peter quote them together if only verses 17 and 18 were going to be fulfilled in his time? The fact that he quotes both parts together suggests there was a correlation between both parts being fulfilled, yes?

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In the early eighties I heard a preacher at a week-long outreach event prophesy that everything that is important to the modern day society would collapse. The legal system, education, medicine, families, commerce, banking, media etc. And all those years ago it seemed impossible but . . . . .look at things are now.

This seems specific enough and has come to pass. The preacher was called George Miller.

I may be living in an alternate universe, but I do not see collapse at all.
Education now is better than ever, medicine now cures more illnesses and understands things that scientist literally only dreamed of. Sequencing human DNA to the extent you can have your personal DNA profiled, stunning, staggering.
Families. The dynamic of women no longer being the property of their husbands, but can live professional lives and have a real career, that is amazing. Abuse is now in the open, with refuges and public acknowledgement abuse is no longer tolerated.
Commerce is now around the world with trade flowing to and from every country their is. Banking is now so sensitive when a collapse affects the global system, everyone can adjust and keep things going, stunning. Media. We now have the internet, which means us, ordinary citizens can get stories and pictures from around the world and issues that matter can now be discussed, literally on line.

Now look a few generations ago, starving on the streets, no social care or support, people not able to read or write, in jobs that exploited them and not empowered them. Food grown locally but very bland and limited, and people moved very little outside their local area. War and going to war was a constant problem, and your children stood little prospect of doing any better than ones own experience.

Now judgements, the black death, wiping out 30 to 60% of populations, famines that decimated whole communities, of 6 children you had 2 would make it to adulthood, and as a woman you would die in childbirth, and as a man, in war or some accident.

I wonder what people regard as prophecy and hard times. We live in a golden age, an age similar to heaven, where all our needs are met, and we can choose our options. What a privilege.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But then why did Peter quote them together if only verses 17 and 18 were going to be fulfilled in his time? The fact that he quotes both parts together suggests there was a correlation between both parts being fulfilled, yes?

It is not unusual for Scripture to be fulfilled in 2 senses. Take Matt 24 (NIV) where the fulfillment takes place in 2 stages: (1) The destruction of the Temple, and (2) Jesus' second coming.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Angelina....His daughter continues to monitor his prophesies to update viewers on where we are concerning them.....
watch this video if you get a chance about the letter Kim wrote to Trump about impeachment...now remember he died before Trump won the presidency.
Codebreakers : Impeachment & Kim’s Letter To Trump
@Heart2Soul
I have listened to one of her videos but have checked out some of his earlier stuff just because it is easier for me to be able to discover if someone is genuine or not without any distractions from other voices other than the Lords. He seems to enter into the prophetic realm using worship as the doorway. This is not unusual at all. He also is listening intently to what the Lord is showing him through snippets of pictures and words given through revelation of the Holy Spirit. I am not disputing what he is seeing or hearing. The man is certainly in communication with the Lord during his time. It must be difficult to try to piece these things together in a uniform way when the Spirit of prophecy kicks in because we see in part and prophecy in part.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I may be living in an alternate universe, but I do not see collapse at all.
Education now is better than ever, medicine now cures more illnesses and understands things that scientist literally only dreamed of. Sequencing human DNA to the extent you can have your personal DNA profiled, stunning, staggering.
Families. The dynamic of women no longer being the property of their husbands, but can live professional lives and have a real career, that is amazing. Abuse is now in the open, with refuges and public acknowledgement abuse is no longer tolerated.
Commerce is now around the world with trade flowing to and from every country their is. Banking is now so sensitive when a collapse affects the global system, everyone can adjust and keep things going, stunning. Media. We now have the internet, which means us, ordinary citizens can get stories and pictures from around the world and issues that matter can now be discussed, literally on line.

Now look a few generations ago, starving on the streets, no social care or support, people not able to read or write, in jobs that exploited them and not empowered them. Food grown locally but very bland and limited, and people moved very little outside their local area. War and going to war was a constant problem, and your children stood little prospect of doing any better than ones own experience.

Now judgements, the black death, wiping out 30 to 60% of populations, famines that decimated whole communities, of 6 children you had 2 would make it to adulthood, and as a woman you would die in childbirth, and as a man, in war or some accident.

I wonder what people regard as prophecy and hard times. We live in a golden age, an age similar to heaven, where all our needs are met, and we can choose our options. What a privilege.

FollowHim,

Those are observations for the Western world.

They don't apply to the third world of poverty, widows, orphans and rampant HIV/AIDS.

Oz

Reactions: marks

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They are archived on YouTube...here is an article about his passing..
Kim Clement, Prophet, Teacher Passes Away 1956-2016

I know nothing about Kim Clement.
After seeing his prophecy about a great revival in 1994, and it not coming to pass, I do not need to know more.
He loved music, to add the beat to what God was saying, because prophecy to a beat is so much more authoritative.
" I will bring about the greatest move of the Spirit that this nation has ever seen..." Kim Clement 1994

The Spirit of the Lord says, I will raise up a brand new and a fresh and powerful anointing that is going to destroy and expose hidden works of darkness...Thus says the Lord, get ready, for even as the enemy tries to destroy and bring addictions and witchcraft upon the nation, so liberty and revival is about to take place as you have never seen. For this is the final move of my spirit. This is the final thing that I am preparing for your hearts to do. Therefore, get ready, says the Lord, I am about to change you with my power and anointing...Surely I am about to judge from the very top, says the Lord, and this judgement has already begun and will not go by June before it is absolutely done, says the Lord...Therefore, take it now, take my word and rejoice for I will bring about the greatest move of the Spirit that this nation has ever seen... (Trinity Broadcasting Network. April, 1994. Kim Clement)

The emotional focus is all wrong and the reason for this prophecy simply does not fit.
Why prophecy a revival, it is going to happen Amen, but it is not something to avoid or resolve. What are the people to do, get ready?
Most prophecy in scripture is about judgement and trouble, how the Lord will sustain His people through trial and tribulation. It is here where they feel the absence of the Lord they need reassurance and encouragement. Why do you need to tell Gods people about Gods presence when He is their ministering and things are going to get even better?

This suggests the carrot to come and hear the prophet is you will get more blessings and encouragement if you listen to me. It is good news and even better news just around the corner, yahoo.....

Reactions: Waiting on him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not unusual for Scripture to be fulfilled in 2 senses. Take Matt 24 (NIV) where the fulfillment takes place in 2 stages: (1) The destruction of the Temple, and (2) Jesus' second coming.

You are confusing two separate prophesies, however. Matthew 24:2 was completely fulfilled within a generation. The full discourse in Matthew 24-25 is a long-term futurist prophecy that only saw partial, i.e. representative fulfillment during New Testament times, and not the total fulfillment as seen with Matthew 24:2. If the two prophesies were meant to be taken together, Matthew 24:15 would make no sense. There would be no temple left for the abomination of desolation to be placed there if it had already been reduced to rubble.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Heart2Soul
I have listened to one of her videos but have checked out some of his earlier stuff just because it is easier for me to be able to discover if someone is genuine or not without any distractions from other voices other than the Lords. He seems to enter into the prophetic realm using worship as the doorway. This is not unusual at all. He also is listening intently to what the Lord is showing him through snippets of pictures and words given through revelation of the Holy Spirit. I am not disputing what he is seeing or hearing. The man is certainly in communication with the Lord during his time. It must be difficult to try to piece these things together in a uniform way when the Spirit of prophecy kicks in because we see in part and prophecy in part.

I listened to his letter to Trump. Lots of unclear statements, which could be read as true no matter what happens or what has happened. Mr Trump should have been impeached, and what came out is certainly not what a democratic system represents.

I am a prophet, People are born, live and then die. Hey I must be a prophet, it has come true.
To be a prophet one has to say something of fundamental significance that needs addressing by action by the parties being addressed or else what is the point, it is just poetry, an observation of the ebbs and flows of life as they go by.

Prophets do exist, and they speak Gods word into a situation to bring about change. And the burden is people do not want to face this change or the consequences of it. So watch out for folk who speak the word into action. God bless you

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
FollowHim,

Those are observations for the Western world.

They don't apply to the third world of poverty, widows, orphans and rampant HIV/AIDS.

Oz

The third world no longer exists. The urban world and the world outside cities exist.
And today 50%+ of the worlds population live in cities. Since 1960 the worlds population has doubled.
We are all, on the whole planet, likely to live to 70 years of age.

HIV/AIDs has an effective treatment, not cure, that enables HIV+ people to live a long normal life.
Poverty is being addressed, widows and orphans are being helped through social support systems that are being rolled out round the world. Our problem now is we keep people alive beyond a stage that is sensible and is possibly cruel.

As the older generation, our world is so different our language and understanding has to catch up. What was not possible 30 years ago is now possible. Defeating Covi-19 in six months from the start of an outbreak, staggering. Even to suggest its possible, in a lab, ground breaking. Our real challenges are human augmentation and adaption. What should and could we do? Cyborg people, people alive with organs from the dead. What is you could grow new parts, if life could be extended, if pleasure becomes unbounded, if morality is subjective in a virtual world. These are not vague notions, they are becoming real.

We need Jesus and our hearts embedded in Him more than ever, relationships built on His rock, love that sees emotional conclusions for what they are and can speak truth to power.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amos 5:18 KJV
Woe unto you that desire the day of the Lord ! to what end is it for you? the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light.