molestation on me changed my view of life.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i know now im not guilty but it im not that strong to just let it go away.
I know it sounds easy...it isn't, but with the Lord's help, and with time, possible. That's good that you know you were not responsible. Choosing to forgive them, asking God to help you to pray for the perpetrator/s are two steps in the right direction. Along with loving others, Jesus also told us to love ourselves. Try not to beat yourself up. I'm 62 and have been seeking God's healing in my heart since 1994. Great progress has been made, but it's been slow going. And I haven't arrived. You have a nice day. :)
upload_2021-5-29_11-7-45.png
Philippians 1:6

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

The prior is a very interesting verse to me, in that it is essentually saying, if someone asks for forgiveness, we are to forgive them, so if they don't ask, we we are not bound to forgive them, as many seem to think. Even God expects us to ask him for forgiveness.

That is not to say we cannot forgive those that don't ask, but for certian terrible things, like what happened to Holy999, Jesus understood how hard it can be to just forgive, knowing that the offending party may not even care about what they did. For me, if someone sincerity asks for forgiveness, I just melt away, any usually find it very easy to forgive, but otherwise, not so much.

I know there would be some argument about this, and many will say that we just need to forgive regardless, but remeber, it was Jesus who made the rule, and he made it for a very good reason.

Point being, if the person who did this hasn't asked for forgiveness, don't worry about not being able to let it go. You may be able to forgive them in time, or mabe not, but as long as they havn't asked, you are under no obligation.

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Forgiveness is a choice, in my opinion. For me, unforgiveness is poison. Bye.