Monkey Glue

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever hear of monkey glue?
Well, my wife sent me to Lowes to buy some monkey glue and I didn't give it much thought.
So I saw a couple of guys working there and I asked them where they keep the monkey glue.
So they started thinking, monkey glue, monkey glue.
Then they saw another guy and asked him.
The three of them had this big powwow trying to find the monkey glue, and I'm thinking to myself, "boy, these guys are dumb".
Then one of them figured it out.
They all started laughing and came back to me.
"You mean gorilla glue " they said, and they continued laughing
boy talk about being embarrassed
And then I said "why do I listen to me wife?"
I don't think we'll ever stop calling it monkey glue.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other day I was having some electrical work done on my house but I couldn't get to the power for the whole house
The guy said okay, he'll work it out
But I was upset
It seems the electric company put there meter right over my box so I couldn't open it.
I'm thinking, how can they do such a dumb thing?
So I called them up, they never heard of some a thing but they sent out a guy anyway.
When he got here, I went out to meet him and he's standing there laughing
I said "what are you laughing at, I can't open the stupid box.
It's got my main power line, and water, heater, stove, and who knows what else.
This guy was nuts, he never stopped laughing.
Finally, he reached done under the bottom of the box and there was a clip there that opened the box.
So I finally stated laughing with the guy and I said "I'm sorry to bring you out here for this".
He said, "oh no, this was worth it.
This made my day."
Well it didn't make mine but at least I got the box open.
I wonder if I'll remember next time.

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
A Gorilla is a big monkey.
Don't feel bad.

Boxes should come with instructions.

Reactions: Nancy

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds me of "Monkey Grip". A tube patching kit from back in the day. Found this old picture.

SmartSelectImage_2018-04-02-17-38-09.png
The oldest tire tubes were of red rubber before the black ones. The red rubber made the best slingshot bands and had the most snap. I made scores of slingshots in the 50's as a kid.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever hear of monkey glue?
Well, my wife sent me to Lowes to buy some monkey glue and I didn't give it much thought.
So I saw a couple of guys working there and I asked them where they keep the monkey glue.
So they started thinking, monkey glue, monkey glue.
Then they saw another guy and asked him.
The three of them had this big powwow trying to find the monkey glue, and I'm thinking to myself, "boy, these guys are dumb".
Then one of them figured it out.
They all started laughing and came back to me.
"You mean gorilla glue " they said, and they continued laughing
boy talk about being embarrassed
And then I said "why do I listen to me wife?"
I don't think we'll ever stop calling it monkey glue.

I work at a hardware store in Arizona, so during the winter we get a huge influx of people from all the northern states and Canada, they come to stay for the winter. We had a new cashier this last year, and this woman came in with a monkey on her shoulder! I always bring a pack of round crackers to work to snack on during the day, so this new cashier offers some of my crackers to this monkey and the monkey eats a bunch of them, this was on my day off, So I come back to work, and now everyone describes my crackers as Monkey Crackers, they all laugh about it!
We even have a Gorilla Glue stuffed toy that the CO. gave the store for Advertisement and the guys will put my roll of crackers it the Gorillas arms, it's not so much an embarrassment, Just a Label to live with!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other day I was having some electrical work done on my house but I couldn't get to the power for the whole house
The guy said okay, he'll work it out
But I was upset
It seems the electric company put there meter right over my box so I couldn't open it.
I'm thinking, how can they do such a dumb thing?
So I called them up, they never heard of some a thing but they sent out a guy anyway.
When he got here, I went out to meet him and he's standing there laughing
I said "what are you laughing at, I can't open the stupid box.
It's got my main power line, and water, heater, stove, and who knows what else.
This guy was nuts, he never stopped laughing.
Finally, he reached done under the bottom of the box and there was a clip there that opened the box.
So I finally stated laughing with the guy and I said "I'm sorry to bring you out here for this".
He said, "oh no, this was worth it.
This made my day."
Well it didn't make mine but at least I got the box open.
I wonder if I'll remember next time.

:D:D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I work at a hardware store in Arizona, so during the winter we get a huge influx of people from all the northern states and Canada, they come to stay for the winter. We had a new cashier this last year, and this woman came in with a monkey on her shoulder! I always bring a pack of round crackers to work to snack on during the day, so this new cashier offers some of my crackers to this monkey and the monkey eats a bunch of them, this was on my day off, So I come back to work, and now everyone describes my crackers as Monkey Crackers, they all laugh about it!
We even have a Gorilla Glue stuffed toy that the CO. gave the store for Advertisement and the guys will put my roll of crackers it the Gorillas arms, it's not so much an embarrassment, Just a Label to live with!

Lol...that stuff is awesome...I even have the Gorilla Tape now. The only thing I am not crazy about with the glue, is that you have to keep pressure on it for quite awhile from what I see...