Moratorium

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I have another mod against me. It's not just me it's others that know this forum is full of hatred for those not evangelicals, as @Michie said this place is full of vitriol. I started a fellowship thread and people came in and fought in it, so don't tell me I'm lying. For Christians who are not evangelicals this is one of the worst forums. Heck even @Josho had to start a PM with many of us because he started a thread wanting to discuss the Virgin Mary and got attacked! Your right I did respond in kind and still do because I am sick of being walked on by people here. So don't lecture me like I'm a bad guy and don't cal me a liar or imply it when this place is very poisonous if one is not a certain type of Christian.
I looked at some of the warnings you have received and I am surprised at how you point the finger while being guilty of the same thing. Does this not ever cross your mind that..."Oh, yeah, I did attack others and they forgave me" ....are you able to forgive others their sins against you as they forgave you for your sins against them?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm trying to figure out if we are heading into evening or morning.
There are days of darkness and days of light.
There is fair weather and there are storms.
Jesus said:
Luk 12:56
Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?

Daily Bible Verse created a thread in the Bible Study Forum I believe it is..
And every day they posts a video with a verse and then asks us to give our thoughts on that verse.

I don't know if it was today or yesterday they posted this:
Isa 9:2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

I went to the prior chapter and read through what led up to this verse.
It was a dark time for the people.

Isa 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Isa 8:21 And they shall pass through it, hardly bestead and hungry: and it shall come to pass, that when they shall be hungry, they shall fret themselves, and curse their king and their God, and look upward.
Isa 8:22 And they shall look unto the earth; and behold trouble and darkness, dimness of anguish; and they shall be driven to darkness.

The next chapter begins and a new day is dawning.. the light at the end of the tunnel.

I just question.. are we headed into or out of that tunnel?

HUGS

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I looked at some of the warnings you have received and I am surprised at how you point the finger while being guilty of the same thing. Does this not ever cross your mind that..."Oh, yeah, I did attack others and they forgave me" ....are you able to forgive others their sins against you as they forgave you for your sins against them?

They stop attacking and acting like only evangelical Christianity is the only Christianity. Why are me and mine suppose to be doormats all the time. This is suppose to be a Christian place yet many don't act like it rejecting other Christians like us

Reactions: Michie

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They stop attacking and acting like only evangelical Christianity is the only Christianity. Why are me and mine suppose to be doormats all the time. This is suppose to be a Christian place yet many don't act like it rejecting other Christians like us

This is supposedly a Christian place, historyb, but I think that politics also separates Christians as well causing a similar annoyance.

Given that many conservative evangelical Christians reject Catholic social teaching, many of those Christians suspect that you're not really politically conservative given you're a member of a liturgical church. Many of the Episcopalian churches are not conservative and so the form of worship that you regard as vitally important is ultimately regarded as suspect. For many conservatives there is no moratorium on disputes regarding churches that are seen to be worshipping in a manner that many conservative Christians view as morally and doctrinally repugnant.

Doctrinal disagreements can be politely pursued. We all need to have patience with one another.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moratorium-
a temporary PROHIBITION of any activity.

Christianity Board- decision-
"We have a temporary moratorium on any US presidential election related threads until after the election results are in, this includes any topics intended to sway political opinion. The divisiveness is getting to be too much for a Christian forum, vote as you are lead."

Luke 12:
[51] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

John.7

[43] So there was a division among the people because of him.

Rom.16
[17] Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

It's is NOT the marking / identifying afforded through free speech...but rather the Lack of Avoiding Them specifically, that Appears to be the issue, on this Forum.

Why punish Right of Free Speech...when it is Lack of Avoidance that is the issue?

Glory to God,
Taken

I'll find out sometime tomorrow. And, it won't be the first thing I will run to upon arising either. Lol.

rjs330

Aug 3, 2020
Belgrade
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could it be that as "Christians" we all supposed to like each other?

Yes we are. We are supposed to get along with each other regardless of our political persuasion. But Christians if all stripes can become very judgemental and divisive. I know an eastern orthodox believer that suffered greatly from southern baptists who attacked him for his beliefs.

I have seen evangelicals just relentlessly attacked for supporting Trump. Being called hypocrites non Christians etc by liberal Christians.

No one is exempt from this kind of attack. I think this may come to an end soon though, because the church of Christ is going to be under attack even further from the left and the left leaning believers will be swept along with the conservative ones. We are facing a spiritual battle and not just a political one. And the uber left is coming into power and no believer will be exempt from their attacks. Wickedness does not see political boundaries.

And my hope is this will drive believers together.

Reactions: marks and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we are. We are supposed to get along with each other regardless of our political persuasion. But Christians if all stripes can become very judgemental and divisive. I know an eastern orthodox believer that suffered greatly from southern baptists who attacked him for his beliefs.

I have seen evangelicals just relentlessly attacked for supporting Trump. Being called hypocrites non Christians etc by liberal Christians.

No one is exempt from this kind of attack. I think this may come to an end soon though, because the church of Christ is going to be under attack even further from the left and the left leaning believers will be swept along with the conservative ones. We are facing a spiritual battle and not just a political one. And the uber left is coming into power and no believer will be exempt from their attacks. Wickedness does not see political boundaries.

And my hope is this will drive believers together.

Carry on my friend!

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." Matt 11:28-29

"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" Eph 4:13

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could of fooled me.
Ha! Tru dat...and very sad because that is how others will know we are His followers. Seems that command has flown out the window a loooong time ago. People, Christians sometimes especially can be cruel, sarcastic and downright nasty people so...we pray for them.