mormons exposed.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Pe 1:3, According as his divine power hath given unto us (past tense) all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4, Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Considering that the book of mormon and its companions were not given until the middle of the second millenium after Christ died and rose again, I believe that this is saying that the Holy Bible is sufficient.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Pe 1:3, According as his divine power hath given unto us (past tense) all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4, Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Considering that the book of mormon and its companions were not given until the middle of the second millenium after Christ died and rose again, I believe that this is saying that the Holy Bible is sufficient.
i have done some study on mormons they base it on joseph smith it is another Gospel But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse! Galatians 1:8

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have done some study on mormons they base it on joseph smith it is another Gospel But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse! Galatians 1:8
Yep. You preach it.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mormons is a false doctrine based on works and degrees
Actually members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believe that we are saved by Christ's sacrifice and grace. Such which calls & causes us to change from the natural sinful man, to a disciple of Christ.
Actually Galatians 1 (the entire chapter) is one of the most faith affirming chapters of scripture for me: urging us to receive revelation from the Lord Himself and not any other source. Look & study & pray for yourself. Don't just blindly follow anyone else.
i work with GUY WHO IS NEW TO THE MORMONS , as per making a better person in nature out of you yes.. does it change you like Christ NO , i have tried to show him .he rejects so nothing more i can do but let the spirit open his eyes
Most "anti cult" techniques will only drive him away from the faith you prosystlize.

Reactions: Willie T

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i work with GUY WHO IS NEW TO THE MORMONS , as per making a better person in nature out of you yes.. does it change you like Christ NO , i have tried to show him .he rejects so nothing more i can do but let the spirit open his eyes

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believe that we are saved by Christ's sacrifice and grace. Such which calls & causes us to change from the natural sinful man, to a disciple of Christ.
well actually they have a superficial belief .not a heart change as in 2 cor 5:17 .next the j.w will make it to heaven not

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually no. It's the same depth (rather, range of depths) you'll find sitting on any other set of pews.
yup and smith the founder wrote another testament water baptism for the dead to go to heaven your welcome to believe how you want . but it is work based

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If mormonism is the same gospel as the biblical gospel, and the book of mormon is true, then it was delivered a second time to the American Indians.

yet the scripture says:

Jde 1:3, Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

And therefore it is not the same gospel; it is another gospel: a perversion of the gospel of Christ (see Galatians 1:7).

To @Jane_Doe22.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If mormonism is the same gospel as the biblical gospel, and the book of mormon is true, then it was delivered a second time to the American Indians.

yet the scripture says:

Jde 1:3, Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

And therefore it is not the same gospel; it is another gospel: a perversion of the gospel of Christ (see Galatians 1:7).

To @Jane_Doe22.

Do you not know that when you throw those scriptures, that people here already know them. Again, what are you hoping to prove?

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you know them, then why don't you heed them?

Act 7:51, Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you know them, then why don't you heed them?

Act 7:51, Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

They are not your religion. There are thousands of Protestant religions, many believe different than you....you are going to need a bigger stick.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you are accusing me of being the devil himself. I at least have the decency to tell someone that they are merely taking on his nature when they accuse.

The posts that you are referring to can only be those posts in which I defend the faithful doctrine that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh; and also show forth that you are a false teacher for that you cannot confess this basic truth. You fail the test of 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7 in this.

I have not lied in any of this; and the record shows that.

If I am lying about your belief, then prove it by confessing now that you actually do believe that Jesus is a Man sitting at the right hand of the throne of God.

Even if you do do this, it does not change the fact that you wouldn't confess it before.
Again you lie.

Again, you blind yourself to what I have done many times here in writing.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not know that when you throw those scriptures, that people here already know them. Again, what are you hoping to prove?
is there something wrong with using scripture ? we can accomplish nothing other than planing seed

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is there something wrong with using scripture ? we can accomplish nothing other than planing seed

You are throwing stones at the Mormons....only fair that you give me a target. I am suppose to put emo's ;):) ooops!

Last edited: