mormons exposed.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief in the true nature of God as a Trinity, is the foundation of our faith.
Plenty of Biblical evidence for God in Three Persons.
And, therein lies the rub! Truly, it is a solid fact that not a single one of us can say we fully understand the relationship involved in the mystery of the Trinity. Yet, we want so desperately to declare to others that THEY have to be wrong about how they understand it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, therein lies the rub! Truly, it is a solid fact that not a single one of us can say we fully understand the relationship involved in the mystery of the Trinity. Yet, we want so desperately to declare to others that THEY have to be wrong about how they understand it.
It is not a solid fact; for I believe that I understand it...my recent apparent lack of holiness aside.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you will read any of the threads I have started on the subject, you also may gain insight into my understanding on the nature of the Trinity.

Even as Paul the apostle wrote, so say I:

Eph 3:3, How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5, Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

The Trinity is NO lie.

Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you will read any of the threads I have started on the subject, you also may gain insight into my understanding on the nature of the Trinity.

Even as Paul the apostle wrote, so say I:

Eph 3:3, How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5, Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Please stop embarrassing yourself... It is hard to watch a grown man do that.

Reactions: Waiting on him

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please stop embarrassing yourself... It is hard to watch a grown man do that.
You're funny...

and also very hostile.

Tit 3:3, For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe Jesus is God and I am not pluralistic so I believe in the Trinity. When I speak absolutely about the Trinity being the line between orthodox Christianity and church doctrine that lies outside Christianity, I am speaking from the point of Catholic doctrine. I do not mean anything person, nor do I consider it a condition of friendship. I really do not have a dog in this fight - God is who he is. Frankly, I would not be surprised if some Fundamentalists argue themselves right out of Heaven because it doesn’t match their script.

Reactions: Willie T

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who’s your husband?
I am betrothed to Jesus Christ Himself.

For He has said to me:

Hos 2:19, And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
Hos 2:20, I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.

Why do you ask?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you really believe that logic makes the difference as to whether a person is "saved" or not?
If they are believing in a false jesus christ, and the logical thinking pattern helps them to put there faith in the true Jesus Christ of holy scripture, then it will indeed make the difference.

Again, 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 is key.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If they are believing in a false jesus christ, and the logical thinking pattern helps them to put there faith in the true Jesus Christ of holy scripture, then it will indeed make the difference.
There is definitely an anomaly about Mormon beliefs about the Lord Jesus Christ. (What Mormons Believe About Jesus Christ)

SEMI-BIBLICAL
We believe Jesus is the Son of God, the Only Begotten Son in the flesh (John 3:16). We accept the prophetic declarations in the Old Testament that refer directly and powerfully to the coming of the Messiah, the Savior of all humankind. We believe that Jesus of Nazareth was and is the fulfillment of those prophecies. [Note: Christ has been the only begotten Son from eternity, not just from His incarnation ("in the flesh")]

UNBIBLICAL
We believe Jesus is the Son of God the Father and as such inherited powers of godhood and divinity from His Father, including immortality, the capacity to live forever. While He walked the dusty road of Palestine as a man, He possessed the powers of a God and ministered as one having authority, including power over the elements and even power over life and death. [Note: Since Jesus is fully God, He did not "inherit" His godhood and divinity, and was not "a God"]

DISTINCTLY MORMON BUT ALSO BIBLICAL
By revelation Joseph Smith came to know that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost constitute the Godhead. From the beginning Joseph Smith taught that the members of the Godhead are one in purpose, one in mind, one in glory, one in attributes and powers, but separate persons...
Through the Book of Mormon, translated by Joseph Smith, came additional insights concerning the person and powers of Jesus the Christ.
We learn that He is the Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (1 Nephi 19:10) and that through an act of infinite condescension He left His throne divine and took a mortal body (1 Nephi 11; Mosiah 3:5). We learn from the teachings of the Book of Mormon prophets that He was a man but much more than man (Mosiah 3:7–9; Alma 34:11), that He had within Him the powers of the Father, the powers of the Spirit (2 Nephi 2:8; Helaman 5:11), the power to lay down His life and the power to take it back up again. [Note: All this is biblical (even though supported by the book of Mormon), but contradicts what was said above. Which means that Mormons must be quite confused].

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright, maybe it is my choice. I feel compelled by the love of the Lord to answer.

God the Father is outside of time; He descended into time and took on the nature of human flesh.

From outside of time God sent His voice to say of the Lord at His baptism, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

Flash forward. Jesus is dying on the Cross. He cries out, "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit." then He gave up the ghost.

So the infinite Spirit that dwelt in Jesus Christ was released back into eternity as a Spirit side-by-side with the One who inhabiteth eternity...also being the same Person.

From that place in eternity, the Spirit went, in a sense, back in time (at least, as concerning His own experience) and descended on the Person of the Son bodily as a dove.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is definitely an anomaly about Mormon beliefs about the Lord Jesus Christ. (What Mormons Believe About Jesus Christ)
Thumbs up for the good quality source here.
SEMI-BIBLICAL
We believe Jesus is the Son of God, the Only Begotten Son in the flesh (John 3:16). We accept the prophetic declarations in the Old Testament that refer directly and powerfully to the coming of the Messiah, the Savior of all humankind. We believe that Jesus of Nazareth was and is the fulfillment of those prophecies. [Note: Christ has been the only begotten Son from eternity, not just from His incarnation ("in the flesh")]
LDS Christians also totally believe that Christ was the Only Begotten Son of God before He was born of Mary.
UNBIBLICAL
We believe Jesus is the Son of God the Father and as such inherited powers of godhood and divinity from His Father, including immortality, the capacity to live forever. While He walked the dusty road of Palestine as a man, He possessed the powers of a God and ministered as one having authority, including power over the elements and even power over life and death. [Note: Since Jesus is fully God, He did not "inherit" His godhood and divinity, and was not "a God"]
LDS Christians also believe the Christ has always been the divine Son of God. I would say that while Protestant Christians and LDS Christians both believe that the Son bows to the Father and says "thy will be done", LDS Christians do tend to emphasize it more.
DISTINCTLY MORMON BUT ALSO BIBLICAL
By revelation Joseph Smith came to know that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost constitute the Godhead. From the beginning Joseph Smith taught that the members of the Godhead are one in purpose, one in mind, one in glory, one in attributes and powers, but separate persons...
Through the Book of Mormon, translated by Joseph Smith, came additional insights concerning the person and powers of Jesus the Christ.
We learn that He is the Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (1 Nephi 19:10) and that through an act of infinite condescension He left His throne divine and took a mortal body (1 Nephi 11; Mosiah 3:5). We learn from the teachings of the Book of Mormon prophets that He was a man but much more than man (Mosiah 3:7–9; Alma 34:11), that He had within Him the powers of the Father, the powers of the Spirit (2 Nephi 2:8; Helaman 5:11), the power to lay down His life and the power to take it back up again. [Note: All this is biblical (even though supported by the book of Mormon), but contradicts what was said above. Which means that Mormons must be quite confused].
Actually this is all quite in line together. Both LDS Christians and Protestant Christians 100% acknowledge that eh Father, Son, and Spirit are three different persons in one God. The academic specific differences come in to play when talking about the Creeds (Protestants accepting, LDS rejecting).