Most New Christians Live Life With 1/3rd The Power Of Christ!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you separate study of God's word from a search for truth?

Why would you not think that in our study and search the Holy Spirit would not be our teacher?

Much love!
You read this verse very carefully yourself trying understand what it really says instead of presuming what it says based on what you thought or heard others say:

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Tim 2:15 [KJV]

The reason to is study is not shown as the way to learn Truth but..."to show thyself approved unto God". Studying is a matter of simple obedience. God may use our reading and our studying to teach us, but anyone with any experience in Bible study will testify to searching for one thing unsuccessfully in the Bible and being given something completely different. God's time and God's direction, not our own.

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

"Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face." Psalm 5:8

Then again later when you have forgotten about the initial focus that first search God may then in His time give you what you were looking the first time. We are to find the Truth that God wants to give us at the moment He want to give it us. Who should be the leader in our Bible readings and studies, you and I, or the Holy Spirit?

The Way to truth is what? How about through the One that shall teach you all things?

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

When we are search to God's truth, should we be deciding what it is that we are looking for in the scriptures? Do we know that well exactly what that truth is? We need to love it without knowing exactly what it is, because who among knows it that well? Jesus if the Truth, but how well do we really know who and what He is?

Do we suppose that the reason some congregations do not grow in the things of God is because instead being led by the Spirit, they are led by a program someone prepared quite a while before the service in which it was used. Did the ones who prepared it talk to God about the needs of the people for that day and time before printing it out for distribution? I wonder?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 19:39 KJV
[39] And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight.
What we see hear is a man walking hopefully walking away from a religious system.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This to me says, in our study we’ll find Gods approval of us.
Even so! It does NOT say that we will find truth in our study. We may as the Holy Spirit leads us, but we should presume on the Holy Spirit. We are not supposed to be the leader of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is not our servant.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This to me says, in our study we’ll find Gods approval of us.
Even so! It does NOT say that we will find truth in our study. We may as the Holy Spirit leads us, but we should presume on the Holy Spirit. We are not supposed to be the leader of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is not our servant.
sure he is He’s the unnamed servant, come to serve. He provokes me to do the same.

As far as truth goes, truth is He approves of me and you and marks and all who can receive it

He loves to serve that’s why I serve.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sure he is He’s the unnamed servant, come to serve. He provokes me to do the same.
In one sense, yes, but alone we cannot see the forest for the trees. We cannot according Jeremiah direct our own steps. The Way to salvation is through surrender and the vision which God will give to us. But is the not the vision one aspect of the Holy Spirit in us? Without Him we can do nothing.
As far as truth goes, truth is He approves of me and you and marks and all who can receive it

He loves to serve that’s why I serve.
Jesus gave us the perfect example of a servant even though He was the Master. To ever be like Him we must follow the same route of humility. God will serve us... when we come to Him serving Him.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In one sense, yes, but alone we cannot see the forest for the trees. We cannot according Jeremiah direct our own steps. The Way to salvation is through surrender and the vision which God will give to us. But is the not the vision one aspect of the Holy Spirit in us? Without Him we can do nothing.

Jesus gave us the perfect example of a servant even though He was the Master. To ever be like Him we must follow the same route of humility. God will serve us... when we come to Him serving Him.
He loves fellowship.

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So then faith plus works?

We seem to be told so often that we must have works to maintain salvation.
( Always using the book of James ! )

That starts the thought pattern and navel gazing/ " Have I got enough works to balance my faith." / " How much works is enough? " etc etc

The faith v works has been going around and around forever!! :rolleyes:

"Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him as righteousness."
Justified by faith.

Abraham offered Isaac ONCE. n

We ARE justified. YAY!!! ✝️

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That starts the thought pattern and navel gazing/ " Have I got enough works to balance my faith." / " How much works is enough? " etc etc

Justified by faith.

Glad to see your feeling better.
And John to answer you question above I just had fellowship with him.

Reactions: amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Justified by faith.

Shame you don’t live here in North Carolina, we could have feed you some of our homemade ice cream and it would’ve straightened you right out

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there something wrong with what is written in James? Was not James inspired by God in what he wrote?
So try Peter:

"Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation." I Peter 2:12

Many things have been going around with regard to the scriptures 'forever'. Perhaps it means that a unified solution that agrees with God has not yet been encountered. So should we stop searching for whatever God may want us to find?

Justified by faith.

At any one point in time we may be justified if it is the last moment of time left to us, but... if we still have time remaining, we must continue to grow toward Him. To do otherwise is to stagnate, which is to die.

The unnamed prophet [I Kings 13:1ff] sent out of Judah to Jeroboam the first king of the newly divided kingdom of Samaria was justified right up until he presumed the old prophet was telling him the truth instead of checking in with God about it.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

struggle so much here. You’ll say things so strong and grounded in God. Then the next it goes to being sealed and unsealed every time the Spirit of God is quenched or grieved ...or His Spirit comes and goes dependent upon us. it becomes God can only do what man allows God to do. man can stop God at any moment from subduing all things unto Himself and God will be gone only to come back later when the punishment period is over. Sounds too much like human relationships. Not God’s. God allows satan to the fulfillment of His word, not satan allows God. Where does this uncertainty in His Word come from for whatsoever is born of God...He said the gates of Hell can not prevail against, nor man can overthrow a work of God. What is Faith in God if not that God finishes what He has begun?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
struggle so much here. You’ll say things so strong and grounded in God. Then the next it goes to being sealed and unsealed every time the Spirit of God is quenched or grieved ...or His Spirit comes and goes dependent upon us. it becomes God can only do what man allows God to do. man can stop God at any moment from subduing all things unto Himself and God will be gone only to come back later when the punishment period is over. Sounds too much like human relationships. Not God’s. God allows satan to the fulfillment of His word, not satan allows God. Where does this uncertainty in His Word come from for whatsoever is born of God...He said the gates of Hell can not prevail against, nor man can overthrow a work of God. What is Faith in God if not that God finishes what He has begun?
The uncertainty is not in God or in His word, but in us. God knows about this uncertainty in each of us and asks us bear with Him anyway: [by what? Faith!] The Way to always be certain in our uncertainty is to always be in love with Him and surrendered to Him. Any time we are on doubt on this kind of a question [loving and surrendering to Him] He is always available to help. We have only to ask. A good thing to remember is Matt 7:7 "Ask... seek... knock... opened" . These questions will NOT be amiss [as per James 4:3].

Having faith in God is simply going ahead and doing what He asks even when and if we do not understand all of these things. We need to love Him and surrender to Him while we only know Him and see Him in part [see I Cor 13:12]. People are led into delusions because they get so involved in others things, such as Bible study [this is not an evil thing, but it can be a distraction from loving God], that they leave love behind.

This is whole scenario is one great testing period for us, but it is always an open book test. Open book tests when I was in college were always on the surface more difficult than the other kind where the books were closed and only pencil, test paper and possibly doodle pads were visible on our desks. An open book test was never a slam dunk if you have not been reading and studying along the way. Knowing that it is in the book and finding it in the book are two very different things, especially when the clock is ticking.

The above is a secular example but when we are speaking about God and the things of God we must add pray and worship... that is communication with God. All of the reading and studying of the Bible is absolutely worthless in the eyes of God with no communication. Yes, we must eat His flesh [read & study the Bible], but the flesh alone is dead and will remain dead in us. We must also drink His blood [pray, worship, communicate with God] wherein is the Life. The communication, the connection between us the Head [Jesus] is the Holy Spirit [the Blood... not red]

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." John 6:53

Last edited: