Mother Teresa: Saint or Ain't

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How frequently have you visit the Kalighat Home for the Dying , located beside the Hindu's temple to Kali, in Calcutta?
Personally - never.

One of my oldest friends, however, spent 2 years with Mother Teresa in Calcutta, working with the poor, sick and dying. Not only is he NOT a Catholic - he is an agnostic,who was completely blown away by her charitable love for those she helped. His description of her was a complete 180 degree opposite of the Christopher Hitchen's take on her.

Did YOU ever work with her??
How frequently do YOU go there??

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally - never.

One of my oldest friends, however, spent 2 years with Mother Teresa in Calcutta, working with the poor, sick and dying. Not only is he NOT a Catholic - he is an agnostic,who was completely blown away by her charitable love for those she helped. His description of her was a complete 180 degree opposite of the Christopher Hitchen's take on her.

Christopher Hitchens is passed on. And he has no relevance to anything I have said. If you wish to cast aspersions upon Mr.Hitchens observations you should address the person who sought out the atheist opinion piece and address their opinions concerning the Hitchens report.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christopher Hitchens is passed on. And he has no relevance to anything I have said. If you wish to cast aspersions upon Mr.Hitchens observations you should address the person who sought out the atheist opinion piece and address their opinions concerning the Hitchens report.
Nice dodge . . .

Now - back to my questions:
Do you disapprove of her service to the poor because of firsthand experience - or because of the things you read on the internet??

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A lie is not an observation. I addressed Hitchen's phony book because he says similar things as you do. His books are the primary source of hate propaganda reaching deep into our culture. You swallowed it down whole because anti-Catholicism is so cool.

I asked 2 questions:
“Mother Teresa received 124 awards,
including Nobel Peace Prize,
the Presidential Medal of Freedom
and the Congressional Medal of Freedom…
She built hundreds of orphanages,
hospitals,
hospices,
health clinics,
homeless shelters,
youth shelters and
soup kitchens all over the world …

which of these would you like to burn down first?

Second question:

What disturbs you the most, her accomplishments, her firm pro-life stance or the fact that she is Catholic?

BTW, St. Mother Teresa could not administer effective pain medication (i.e. morphine, demerol) because they are illegal to use in hospices in India. Only in hospitals. A hospice is not a hospital. If she did, she would have been arrested for drug trafficking. So much for "credible sources" claiming she withheld them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BreadOfLife

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stealing a Getty Image by Tim Graham in order to cast spurious false witness against myself and the articles I've posted, while calling me names, does not make your argument superior. It makes your character inferior. Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not mug dead old ladies.

My articles linked were not from any atheist sources. As is proven by those who actually click the source links. While you seem to know just where to look to find atheists criticisms. Whereas my sources are derived from credible interviews, the India article that of an interview with Mother Teresa herself.
What source links? What interviews? Maybe it's my failing eyesight, but I went over the whole thread and didn't see any.

10fbd14bf6b9e8c7bc91c13b8ddececc.jpg

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think the current Pope made Teresa a Saint due to the outcry that it had not been accomplished as yet.
Being she was Roman Catholic she would depend on God's mercy and grace to find her way into his bosom.
However, in this life she was an example of all that is wrong with the tradition of iconography and false church. She was very troubled mentally. And in the end of her life she was even
exorcised. Thinking her troubles with unrest were plights from an inner demon.
She was possessed by the love of God that got her through a great trial. Her room was exorcised, not her. Satan attacks anyone who is holy. I don't why satan doesn't attack you, since you are holier than she is.

The conditions in the so called aid centers, or hospices abroad, were deplorable. Thread bare sheets, very scant if any pain killers for those suffering the most painful of cancers and other conditions. Poor food, questionable water supplies. Poor hygiene, and other deplorable conditions.
She, a sister of the richest smallest dictatorship tradition of icons and man, on earth. All those donations to her organized sisters. And the sparse dispersal of funds to supply and care for the dying. Those poor suffered because Teresa considered it their blessing.
This myth is parially addresed in post #54
So why exactly is so much ink spilled in order to criticize Mother Teresa when there are far more unsavory characters in the world? The quest for pageviews and the gratification of blind ideology.
This kind of spiteful hatred comes from hearts that have been darkened to reason and evident goodness by a lack of belief in God.

When one sees a person doing good things because he or she believes in God it is reasonable to attribute that person’s good works to those beliefs (even if one happens to disagree with that belief).
What is unreasonable is to assume that a person doing good works has a dark heart full of violence and self-interest simply because one’s own angry heart cannot begin to understand the Gospel, even theoretically.

5 Responses to the Ridiculous Rancor of Some Toward Mother Teresa

[/QUOTE]

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She was possessed by the love of God that got her through a great trial. Her room was exorcised, not her. Satan attacks anyone who is holy. I don't why satan doesn't attack you, since you are holier than she is.
God forgive you your wicked ways. No Christian worth the blood of Christ speaks in such vile manner.
Get behind me.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God forgive you your wicked ways. No Christian worth the blood of Christ speaks in such vile manner.
Get behind me.
The vile manner you speak of St. M.T. is a clear indication that you think you are holier than she is, so what did I say wrong?

Do you mean a vile manner like this?:
And all because the head of those institutions in her role as sister had a very sadistic perspective of Christ and his mercy. God be with any suffering soul still in the care of the sisters she left behind. Teresa herself was a very mentally sick woman. In my humble opinion, she was not a saint. She was a devilish sadistic religious fanatic. I pity all who were in her care. And all who may be in the care of those women who carry on her legacy. post #33
My accurate remark you quoted pales in comparison to your irrational hatred.

When people point to Mother Teresa’s “fanaticism,” they are usually actually pointing to her living out Christian values. Sure, she did this in an extreme, heroic fashion, but that is why she is a saint. Most of us could benefit from emulating, even slightly, her “fanaticism.” Critics who choose to see her remarks on the “gift” of suffering as a newfangled, masochistic theology only reveal a lack of familiarity with a basic Christian idea: that — as demonstrated by the God-man being unjustly tortured and crucified — God brings good from evil, and he is present in a special way among the weakest and the poorest of the poor.

Don’t like this message? It’s not Mother Teresa you have a problem with, it’s Christianity.

mother-teresa-and-the-poor-in-calcutta-india-in-october-1979-picture-id110141606

Focus on those "thread bare sheets" to appease your guilty conscience.​

Last edited by a moderator:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Even when I was an atheist I thought it quite absurd whenever comfortable first-world atheists would viciously attack a woman who gave up everything to serve the poor and who lived in abject poverty herself.

The idea that this selfless woman was actually a masochistic, self-obsessed lunatic, who loved to watch the poor suffer originated with Christopher Hitchens, largely considered the founder of the New Atheism movement.

In fact, virtually every irrational and over-the-top criticism of Mother Teresa that I have read can be traced back to his obsessive hatred of the Albanian nun.

Hitchens has since passed away (please say a prayer for his soul), but unfortunately his pet theories have not; they pop up on Internet forums all the time.
5 Responses to the Ridiculous Rancor of Some Toward Mother Teresa

sorry_if.jpg

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Get behind me.
Wowzers lol You are talking nonsense again dearie. Christians are very often a disgrace they way they act. I see you forcing what you think on others already . you are well up for a fight with anyone except me of coarse you took off like a scolded cat. Becuase you were caught out and coundnt even say yes I was wrong. You still never answerd the very simple and civil question.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get behind me.
It was a facetious comment based on YOUR sanctimonious attitude in denigrating a true example of the love and charity of Christ.

The only thing "evil" here is YOUR judgement of Mother Teresa's soul . . .

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was a facetious comment based on YOUR sanctimonious attitude in denigrating a true example of the love and charity of Christ.

The only thing "evil" here is YOUR judgement of Mother Teresa's soul . . .​
You're unaware of the scriptures so I will help to set you aright. Not so much for your sake as God's grace must call the lost home. But rather for the sake of those seekers who may read you and think you speak of our Lord's word rightly.

You do not. It is a lie that a Christian has any authority to judge a persons soul. It is a lie straight out of the pit of Hell. God judges peoples souls.
The facetious darkness that you enlist to respond with falsehoods is a tragedy. What is ever more tragic is that you do not see that you are what you call others.
The evil that lies about judgment of souls because it cannot accept free people are entitled to voice their opinion. That's too bad.

Find Christ while there is still time. Cast aside the false edifice that stands in Rome. And sustains itself on man made doctrine that reveres everything Jesus Christ, Immanuel, God with us, condemned in his teachings. Cast aside the idols, think more of yourself than that you are not saved by the blood of the lamb but need be forgiven every trespass, which this thread alone should keep you and a priest busy for some time, as if that priest is the intermediary between you and God. Only to believe after you die you are destined to a false place the council of Trent empowered as purgatory. Where you can burn until you are cleansed of the sins all that confessing to false men did not assuage. Only then to be found worthy of entering the Heaven that awaits the Saints of God who are saved Christians that are not property of Rome's falsity.
Stop praying to the dead, practicing necromancy, thinking they shall ask a boon from God on your behalf. Stop praying to Teresa, who was no saint. And Mary and all the dead who are dead, not ordained to forgive you a single thing. Nor to give you a gift if you pray hard enough.
Stop thinking the church gives billions of dollars to third world countries out of the goodness of its heart. When in fact as the smallest sovereign nation and dictatorship on earth, it is giving those monies as acquisition. And in the name of possession and power.
While its missionaries teach those diseased and dying that they are compelled as married couples to keep having the children they cannot feed. While the new god those missionaries delivered to them condemns birth control, so as to prevent future tragedy of dying starving emaciated newborns. And abortion. Instead, asserting to those tragic suffering starving diseased people of that third world that the good news they can cleave unto that shall sustain their shrunken stomachs and broken hearts as they bury yet another dead baby is, after that infant sprinkling at the altar of Rome, their little new life extinguished by disease , violence, starvation, will at least be allowed back into the Heaven from whence its soul sprang.

Your wicked tongue belies the dark heart that thinks itself righteous in defending the Roman's man made creation. Find Christ, as every Christian should evangelize when able to any Catholic, while there is still time. No one comes to Christ unless the Father calls them. If he calls you answer!
And release the bondage that makes you who you are today.
Paying a church for blessings that Christ died to give us for the simple price of faith we are worth it. I will pray for your soul. I will never ever allow your satanic contempt to breach my peace. You shall live in your own darkness as long as you see fit. May God forgive your every trespass against every Christian here. Amen.

aa86e3d3967d2ff90925232eccc91918.jpg

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're unaware of the scriptures so I will help to set you aright. Not so much for your sake as God's grace must call the lost home. But rather for the sake of those seekers who may read you and think you speak of our Lord's word rightly.

You do not. It is a lie that a Christian has any authority to judge a persons soul. It is a lie straight out of the pit of Hell. God judges peoples souls.
The facetious darkness that you enlist to respond with falsehoods is a tragedy. What is ever more tragic is that you do not see that you are what you call others.
The evil that lies about judgment of souls because it cannot accept free people are entitled to voice their opinion. That's too bad.

Find Christ while there is still time. Cast aside the false edifice that stands in Rome. And sustains itself on man made doctrine that reveres everything Jesus Christ, Immanuel, God with us, condemned in his teachings. Cast aside the idols, think more of yourself than that you are not saved by the blood of the lamb but need be forgiven every trespass, which this thread alone should keep you and a priest busy for some time, as if that priest is the intermediary between you and God. Only to believe after you die you are destined to a false place the council of Trent empowered as purgatory. Where you can burn until you are cleansed of the sins all that confessing to false men did not assuage. Only then to be found worthy of entering the Heaven that awaits the Saints of God who are saved Christians that are not property of Rome's falsity.
Stop praying to the dead, practicing necromancy, thinking they shall ask a boon from God on your behalf. Stop praying to Teresa, who was no saint. And Mary and all the dead who are dead, not ordained to forgive you a single thing. Nor to give you a gift if you pray hard enough.
Stop thinking the church gives billions of dollars to third world countries out of the goodness of its heart. When in fact as the smallest sovereign nation and dictatorship on earth, it is giving those monies as acquisition. And in the name of possession and power.
While its missionaries teach those diseased and dying that they are compelled as married couples to keep having the children they cannot feed. While the new god those missionaries delivered to them condemns birth control, so as to prevent future tragedy of dying starving emaciated newborns. And abortion. Instead, asserting to those tragic suffering starving diseased people of that third world that the good news they can cleave unto that shall sustain their shrunken stomachs and broken hearts as they bury yet another dead baby is, after that infant sprinkling at the altar of Rome, their little new life extinguished by disease , violence, starvation, will at least be allowed back into the Heaven from whence its soul sprang.

Your wicked tongue belies the dark heart that thinks itself righteous in defending the Roman's man made creation. Find Christ, as every Christian should evangelize when able to any Catholic, while there is still time. No one comes to Christ unless the Father calls them. If he calls you answer!
Paying a church for blessings that Christ died to give us for the simple price of faith we are worth it. I will pray for your soul. I will never ever allow your satanic contempt to breach my peace. You shall live in your own darkness as long as you see fit. May God forgive your every trespass against every Christian here. Amen.
NOWHERE in Scripture are we wold to judge a person's heart. The Scriptures tell us that only GOD has that Authority. We are admonished to judge a person's actions and fruit - but NOT their soul. Yours is a lies straight out of Hell.

As for the rest of your falsehood-laden rant - this is typical of the ignorance and hatred that is so commonplace among anti-Catholics.

NOWHERE does the Church teach that Mary and the saints forgive our sins.
NOWHERE does the Church teach us to worship idols.
NOWHERE does the Church teach that we are saved by anything OTHER than the Blood of Christ.

The charge that the Church is "buying" small countries under the guise of charity is asinine and completely unsubstantiated.

The fact is that the Catholic Church is THE single most generous charitable organization on the planet. with tens of thousands of clinics, food banks, orphanages, healthcare systems and other charitable enterprises. It DWARFS that of most nations.

So - instead of spewing lies, which are an abomination to God - go your homework and get your facts straight . . .

Reactions: epostle1

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

TRANSLATION:
My lies about St. M.T. have been exposed so I will attack the whole Church with a list of lies to get them to stop demolishing my posts.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hey, ummmm . . . are you EVER going to answer my questions??

Do you disapprove of her service to the poor because of firsthand experience - or because of the things you read on the internet??​