Mountain Meadows Massacre

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In the uk it was all about power struggles, and much was instigated by the Kings and Queens , Protestant verses catholic

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think in the 10 commandments it never says "Kill in it"

Gotta Check out Exodus 20 for that information.

God would have destroyed - ruin - kill - place people in sheol for the time - because of Protecting, others...

That is what I consider why he would do what he would do he still had them in mind and a way for redemption.
Yes, in the case of Sodom and Gomorrah their fate is better than people that reject Christ. The bible confirms that. Perhaps he killed them to save their souls? Don't know, I think you would have to ask God.

But the people of the flood were in Hell when Jesus went to preach to them. So I believe he may have been providing a way out for those vicious killers of Noah's time.

To be completely honest I don't hold a lot of hope for the Mormons that committed the massacre. God is not kind to people that kill needlessly or cruel people. Perhaps in a war worth fighting he might be on your side. But then people on both sides die in war, so dunno about that either. Hmmm.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I found a verse of scripture that is interesting @dev553344 Ezekiel 33:11 God doesn't take any pleasure in the death of the wicked - but wants them the turn from their ways.

That is why I believe that people, may go through the lake of fire that comes from God - if they were faithless, evil, murdering, sexually immoral and the like (non-believers)- which is described in Revelation 14:10; also Revelation 22:15? and Revelation 21 somewhere.

Reactions: dev553344

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dev553344 what I find dishearting that while I don't agree with the politics of the world - because of the world being the world people will really, rail against one sin over another sin like...

Towards people who are gay, or have been pedophiles, or have been murderers...

God doesn't take pleasure in their deaths, but people when they angry and upset and mad - they have a desire for their deaths..

I totally believe that justice should be served here, and also served there, but as Christians even though someone has done something wrong, they should know even though they done wrong God still desires for them to turn and come to him and repent...

I totally believe if you hear of a child getting touched or a person might cause harm to someone and they mean it those types of crimes need to be told to the Law enforcement and to get help and protect... that is why God has allowed them to exist.

Thats why it is important to share God and share Christ and point to the good ways, and not lean in to the bad ways, like @Jane_Doe22 suggested.

And I dont think that God forces anyone to do anything and that is something I really find dishearting but that is just my opinion and no one has to agree with it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I found a verse of scripture that is interesting @dev553344 Ezekiel 33:11 God doesn't take any pleasure in the death of the wicked - but wants them the turn from their ways.

That is why I believe that people, may go through the lake of fire that comes from God - if they were faithless, evil, murdering, sexually immoral and the like (non-believers)- which is described in Revelation 14:10; also Revelation 22:15? and Revelation 21 somewhere.
There may be a way out of spirit prison, but not the lake of fire I believe. And I'm really not sure of either. God would have to answer that. But I can't image he was preaching to spirit prisoners in vain.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the uk it was all about power struggles, and much was instigated by the Kings and Queens , Protestant verses catholic
Did yall have Tyndale over in Uk? I heard he was burned at the stake because he disagree with the people at church or something.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dev553344 what I find dishearting that while I don't agree with the politics of the world - because of the world being the world people will really, rail against one sin over another sin like...

Towards people who are gay, or have been pedophiles, or have been murderers...

God doesn't take pleasure in their deaths, but people when they angry and upset and mad - they have a desire for their deaths..

I totally believe that justice should be served here, and also served there, but as Christians even though someone has done something wrong, they should know even though they done wrong God still desires for them to turn and come to him and repent...

I totally believe if you hear of a child getting touched or a person might cause harm to someone and they mean it those types of crimes need to be told to the Law enforcement and to get help and protect... that is why God has allowed them to exist.

And I dont think that God forces anyone to do anything and that is something I really find dishearting but that is just my opinion and no one has to agree with it.
Lethal force is a special type of instrument. It has guidelines to protect people. I don't believe in killing someone who is a prisoner already. Unless their killing people while in prison.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did yall have Tyndale over in Uk? I heard he was burned at the stake because he disagree with the people at church or something.
Just checked. He died by strangulation and then was burned at the stake, in Europe. He had been classed as a heretic

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just checked. He died by strangulation and then was burned at the stake, in Europe. He had been classed as a heretic
That is certainly mad! Thank you for confirming, Rita.