Mountain Meadows Massacre

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Mountain Meadows Massacre was a series of attacks during the Utah War that resulted in the mass murder of at least 120 members of the Baker–Fancher emigrant wagon train.

Sep 7, 1857 – Sep 11, 1857

Please note - that while this video talks about Mormons - there is a lot of history also of people murdering others in the early times of history. Be it the Reformation times and Crusades.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mormons have a sorted path. They got one thing right, no tobacco. But no coffee or beer? God ordained wine and strong drink in the bible for certain things. And coffee can heal your liver. Hmmm.

And Mormons store up a year supply of food, which I see as a trick to keep them from being charitable towards the poor. Like a camel storing water. So they were warned to store up a year supply of food? Have they needed it yet? This is probably hundreds of years later after that revelation. Probably from a false prophet.

Reactions: Cassandra

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the mormon people. They have a great institution as well. However, this guy was a mormon for 40 years before he had a road side experience with Jesus, and it changed his life. He was a temple leader, and taught and teached many things about mormonism. The point is, the story itself which is history, is how human beings can band together over some leader and end up making a slaughter of people through a massacre such as this which occurred.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Devin.
@MatthewG I was a Mormon all my life and active for 10 years and also a temple worker. So when I talk I know what I am talking about. I don't take advice on Mormonism from strangers to the church to be completely honest as they never know what they are talking about.

I went thru my own experiences and learned Mormonism well. I'm steered away from supporting that organization now. It has some good aspects to it, like following the 10 commandments. It also has some negative aspects to the spirit it brings, like being self righteous and judgmental. I was judged by Mormons in an unrighteous way. So you can appreciate why I will just file some small things in this thread and leave out the painful lessons that I went thru being Mormon.

So you can also appreciate why I dislike the Mormon church.

Reactions: Cassandra and marks

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, praise Yahava, and the Lord Yeshua brother, they are the ones we are refreshed by.

It's always God's goodness that leads us to changing our mind about a prior status which was once had.

Will be back after a while see ya friend.
I'll share a little bit: You can do an easy search on the internet and Mormon horror stories of how they take away your wife and kids and give them to a "Worthy" member when you reject their church. My story is the same only I got to mentally ill to work and pay tithes. And they basically did the same thing to me. Only in my case it was lead by my wife under the direction of Mormons.

You can say I have a hatred for how they operated and continue to operate. Very arrogant and harmful organization.

Reactions: marks and MatthewG

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll share a little bit: You can do an easy search on the internet and Mormon horror stories of how they take away your wife and kids and give them to a "Worthy" member when you reject their church. My story is the same only I got to mentally ill to work and pay tithes. And they basically did the same thing to me. Only in my case it was lead by my wife under the direction of Mormons.

You can say I have a hatred for how they operated and continue to operate. Very arrogant and harmful organization.
Arrogance is a tragically universal human flaw.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Mountain Meadows Massacre was a series of attacks during the Utah War that resulted in the mass murder of at least 120 members of the Baker–Fancher emigrant wagon train.
Why do you post such inaccurate videos? This man is not serving Christ in his inaccurate slander and hypocriticisy here.

Instead let’s just show love to neighbors and invite everyone to Christ.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hello Jane,

All I can say is God rest the souls who were lost that day. And hopefully those men repented of what they had done.

For anyone who wants to know more can search out for themselves.

May the God of all comfort be with you.
Likewise God rest the Mormon souls murdered by mainstream Christians because of their faith? The countless Muslims souls likewise murdered by mainstream Christians for their faith? How about the countless mainstream Christians murdered by mainstream Christians over faith?

Cast the beam out of your eye Matthew.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jane,

I have nothing to say to your remarks.

This is a story on mountain meadows massacre, if you would like to comment on that, please do otherwise please refrain from commenting.

All the best.
I’m saying something because I know you are trying to follow God. But thread like this and following this YouTuber are not the way- this is hypocriticy and shameful.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is in ethics and mortality thread, Jane.

Thank you for your comments. You can say whatever you want simply because you did not like the person in the video and his presentation because he talked about the Mormonism.

He was a mormon at one point in time, for 40 years. He left the church.

I love you because you are mormon that is all fine and great, but I can't help what the man had done for 40 years, and then had a road side experience with Jesus that changed the course of his life.

He wanted to comment on something that happened a long time ago, and that is what is in the presentation.

So I am sorry if you "feel" attacked, or you "feel" like the mormon church is "attacked."
Don’t follow a man. Follow Christ. Be honest. Without twisting or hypocrisy.

Reactions: MatthewG

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am presuming that this was an actually event. I have no issue with history being discussed and evaluated.
Not being funny , but I am not aware that Mormons kill people now, the culture was very very different centuries ago.

Reactions: MatthewG

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It sounds as if the church owns its history and denounces what took place. Here in the UK the church went through a violent and horrible phase, it’s impossible to deny it but very few would look back and agree with the violence that took place ……

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds as if the church owns its history and denounces what took place. Here in the UK the church went through a violent and horrible phase, it’s impossible to deny it but very few would look back and agree with the violence that took place ……
Yes, violence is always horrible and shameful. It has happened way too much in the past. Today we should try our best to be peacekeeper, sharing Christ’s love.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt did people murder, kill, rape in the name of God...

Or for another Person...

On any party in the history of humankind.

But that ain't truly Worshiping God in spirit and in truth.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No doubt did people murder, kill, rape in the name of God...

Or for another Person...

On any party in the history of humankind.

But that ain't truly Worshiping God in spirit and in truth.
Culture was more ‘ raw ‘ , I mean look at how things were in OT times - Gods people did some horrible things

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're right about that, Rita.

And God also repaid his own people too from time to time.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm, Moses killed people for God. Which makes me think God kills. And the bible supports that. Sometimes when you're at war killing is necessary to protect the innocent. But not if you can put them into jail first.

That's my official stance being ex-military.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm, Moses killed people for God. Which makes me think God kills. And the bible supports that. Sometimes when you're at war killing is necessary to protect the innocent. But not if you can put them into jail first.

That's my official stance being ex-military.
What happened at Mountain Meadows was a disaster. And the early church history in the UK was a disaster. I don't believe either was killing for God like Moses did.

Perhaps our slaver wars are more inline with killing for God.

Anyways off topic, sorry MatthewG.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happened at Mountain Meadows was a disaster. And the early church history in the UK was a disaster. I don't believe either was killing for God like Moses did.

Perhaps our slaver wars are more inline with killing for God.

Anyways off topic, sorry MatthewG.

I think in the 10 commandments it never says "Kill in it"

Gotta Check out Exodus 20 for that information.

God would have destroyed - ruin - kill - place people in sheol for the time - because of Protecting, others...

That is what I consider why he would do what he would do he still had them in mind and a way for redemption.

Reactions: dev553344