Mustard Seed Fellowship.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you want to be a part of Mustard Seed Fellowship?

• No, you are crazy and I don't want to be a part of your cult.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will listen to Behold but not you.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had an idea for quite some time, of having a church that consists of few people (starting out as a small seed) that will nevertheless grow to become a mighty tree that the fowls of the air will be able to lodge in.

The name of the church is Mustard Seed Fellowship.

Within its concept is also what Jesus said about a faith the size of a mustard seed, that is able to move mountains.

Mar 11:22, And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
Mar 11:23, For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Mar 11:24, Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

I am declaring by faith that Christianity Boards is the location of this church; that I am the senior pastor / overseer, and that @Behold is my associate pastor.

I am doing this right now in order to humble him for that he has seemed to want to be considered the primary teacher on these boards.

I know also that if I am unduly exalting myself, I will promptly be abased by the moderation team. But I am not doing this apart from prayer and consideration.

I consider that I have been filling the position of pastor here in that I have sought to moderate the boards concerning doctrine, attempting to ensure that it is sound in the final examination of all that is spoken.

I know also that the giving of titles is not something that is really pleasing to God (Job 32:22). So, I can really do without a title as pertaining to the exaltation of man.

But the fact that the associate pastor of this church is a false teacher to some regard establishes this ministry as a cult from the getgo. If he ever leaves the boards or repents of his false doctrine, it will no longer be a cult.

For it should be known that @Behold teaches falsely in denying the realities of 1 John 1:8 and 1 John 1:7,9 with much of what he teaches.

Nevertheless much of what he says serves to water seeds that I have planted in the last two or so years of ministry here. So he is useful to me and because he is indeed very zealous to post many threads, and I can also correct him when he begins to lead people astray, I find that exalting him to the position of associate pastor is not the wrong move.

Most certainly, I am diagnosed mentally ill and you can consider this post to be the ravings of a lunatic if you so desire. It is written,

Hos 9:7, The days of visitation are come, the days of recompence are come; Israel shall know it: the prophet is a fool, the spiritual man is mad, for the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred.

and,

2Co 5:13, For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.

and yet again,

2Ti 1:7, For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am declaring by faith that Christianity Boards is the location of this church; that I am the senior pastor / overseer, and that @Behold is my associate pastor...

I consider that I have been filling the position of pastor here in that I have sought to moderate the boards concerning doctrine, attempting to ensure that it is sound in the final examination of all that is spoken.

I know also that the giving of titles is not something that is really pleasing to God (Job 32:22). So, I can really do without a title as pertaining to the exaltation of man.

But the fact that the associate pastor of this church is a false teacher to some regard establishes this ministry as a cult from the getgo. If he ever leaves the boards or repents of his false doctrine, it will no longer be a cult.

For it should be known that @Behold teaches falsely in denying the realities of 1 John 1:8 and 1 John 1:7,9 with much of what he teaches.

Nevertheless much of what he says serves to water seeds that I have planted in the last two or so years of ministry here. So he is useful to me and because he is indeed very zealous to post many threads, and I can also correct him when he begins to lead people astray, I find that exalting him to the position of associate pastor is not the wrong move.

I'm having trouble telling if this is a joke, but it most certainly has to be, LoL. Did you wake up today and decide, "I'm going to write the most sarcastic and ridiculous thing I've ever written in my life," or what? LoL.

I'm going to assume you were attempting to brighten our day with a little humor. If so, I appreciate it.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden

laughing-animals-8.jpg

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm having trouble telling if this is a joke, but it most certainly has to be, LoL. Did you wake up today and decide, "I'm going to write the most sarcastic and ridiculous thing I've ever written in my life," or what? LoL.

I'm going to assume you were attempting to brighten our day with a little humor. If so, I appreciate it.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden

laughing-animals-8.jpg

No, I was dead serious. Thought about deleting the post after having posted it, but couldn't.

Maybe I'm having a break or something. (But I certainly haven't stopped taking my meds.)

But if I'm not, this thing will stick in some people's minds.

There is a purpose, after all.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I was dead serious. Thought about deleting the post after having posted it, but couldn't.

Maybe I'm having a break or something. (But I certainly haven't stopped taking my meds.)

But if I'm not, this thing will stick in some people's minds.

There is a purpose, after all.

Just By Faith, if you are serious, I mean you no harm and I'm not trying to be insulting. But just because someone like Behold or yourself seems to be posting the most frequently for a time does not mean you want to assume that this qualifies you as becoming the "pastor" here. We have had numerous people come through here who took over doing the most theological posting like they were becoming the primary teacher here, but it never fails that they always end up wearing out their welcome. This forum is made up of multiple spiritual leaders from all sorts of backgrounds. Most of the primary members here have websites of their own and ministries of their own in one form or another. But they understand this is a forum, and that they will never be able to assume spiritual authority over a place like this or they will be summarily cut down to their knees in very short order.

I'm saying it as a friend: Don't presume to take over anything like spiritual leadership here if you know what is good for you. You will only alienate yourself and not be taken seriously. Among some members here who are not as tactful and not as godly, you will be openly ridiculed and mocked.

By all means pursue a dream of leading or even pastoring, but I suggest you drop the notion of trying to assume to do so here. Even the best teachers here would never dream of doing such a thing.

God bless, and wish you the very best.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that perhaps I have overstepped my bounds. I do not presume to take a position of authority except for the authority that is in the word of God, in that I seek to almost always back up my statements with scripture.

I do believe that whether it is official or not, that these boards serve for me as a teaching platform and that many are edified by what I teach.

I only brought this up at this time because I consider that @Behold is exalting himself to high places and I was also seeking to humble him to a lower position.

I know that I sometimes do not think clearly even to the point of insanity, even when on my meds. And this is probably one of those times.

But if in my ministry here it proves out that I do serve as a kind of pastor to some, I believe that it will go without saying even if I am not officially the "pastor' of "Mustard Seed Fellowship" at "Christianity Boards".

I certainly do not want to wear out my welcome.

My goal is not to exalt myself but rather to be of service to the people here; and that is the honest truth of the matter.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if in my ministry here it proves out that I do serve as a kind of pastor to some...
My goal is not to exalt myself but rather to be of service to the people here; and that is the honest truth of the matter.

Then your intentions at least appear to be in right order. What you want to hope for is that some (or hopefully many) who observe from afar - those who just view the site without logging on or posting - are taking a liking to what you post and learning from you. That is certainly a possibility for all of us.

God bless, and if you would like one last piece of advice, give yourself ever-increasingly to prayer. Despite a medical condition, the Lord can and will use you to bless others mightily if you will lean increasingly upon Him rather than relying upon or trusting in yourself.

Blessings,
Hidden

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then your intentions at least appear to be in right order. What you want to hope for is that some (or hopefully many) who observe from afar - those who just view the site without logging on or posting - are taking a liking to what you post and learning from you. That is certainly a possibility for all of us.

God bless, and if you would like one last piece of advice, give yourself ever-increasingly to prayer. Despite a medical condition, the Lord can and will use you to bless others mightily if you will lean increasingly upon Him rather than relying upon or trusting in yourself.

Blessings,
Hidden
Amen brother.

I believe that God does indeed use the foolish things of the world to confound the wise.

I know that if I trust in my flesh, I am completely off-base every moment.

But if I rely on the Holy Spirit, I sometimes become surprised at how much sound doctrine comes from my keyboard.

I spend much time reading the holy scriptures because if I don't, I can get off-base pretty quickly. And without the Holy Spirit illuminating the holy scriptures to me, I can get off-base pretty quickly.

So yes, I tend to spend much time in prayer and I normally do not post without saying a prayer that the Lord would give me the words to say. Sometimes I fail at doing that; but I have also made it a general prayer that the Lord would anoint my words and also speak through me.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May the Lord abundantly bless you, @Blood Bought 1953...

It's His kindness that leads us to repentance, after all...

Thanks, I have ALREADY been Abundantly Blessed.....every day I live a Life of Joy.....I am a Free Man in Christ and want others to be aware of this life and join me in it....I want others to live “ The Abundant Life” That is God’s Reward for those that REST in the Gospel Of Grace— Those That REST in the Finished Work Of The Cross—- Those That Sing “ Nothing But The Blood” and MEAN it.....

The TRUE Repentance That Saves, Turning to God as a Lost Sinner , occurred in my life 50 years ago.....THe absolute horror of seeing who I was ( a Lost , hopeless Sinner)and the well- deserved Fate that was awaiting me ( an eternity in Hell) changed everything in my life—— Nothing has been the same since......it was like I had been “ Reborn”.....

Those that have not been paid a visit by the Holy Spirit that opens their eyes to their absolute Wretchedness and Lost Condition before a Holy God have never even entered the “ Starting Gate” Of Christianity.....I suspect that is the experience that the Legalists and Religionists in here lack....

“ NOBODY comes to God Without the drawing of the Holy Spirit”.....That Spirit “ draws” with the Conviction Of Sin that in turn gives a man a Contrite Heart.....Many in here have never truly been convicted and that is there downfall.... They lack a Contrite Heart....they think there is something “ good” in them ......that is the difference between a Religionist and a Christian, I suppose....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a Free Man in Christ
The problem is that you think that you are free to sin if you want to and that if you are a worker of iniquity you will not be cast into the furnace of fire. That is a false doctrine, according to holy scripture (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41).

The fact is that if you are truly set free as the Bible proclaims freedom, you are set free from sin; and therefore you are a servant (slave) of righteousness:

Rom 6:18, Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Rom 6:19, I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
Rom 6:20, For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
Rom 6:21, What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
Rom 6:22, But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The fact is that if you are truly set free as the Bible proclaims freedom, you are set free from sin; and therefore you are a servant (slave) of righteousness:
Please don't tell me you are claiming to be sinless?? Like I stated yesterday... you are starting to grow on me... but this would be a deal breaker.
Somehow the Lord has given me a soft spot for you... and I cannot find it in my heart to be harsh with you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that have not been paid a visit by the Holy Spirit that opens their eyes to their absolute Wretchedness and Lost Condition before a Holy God have never even entered the “ Starting Gate” Of Christianity.....I suspect that is the experience that the Legalists and Religionists in here lack...
One of the first verses that I ever came across in my Bible was Jeremiah 17:9 and similar passages also.

God showed me clearly by that that if I am going to offer to the Lord any kind of real obedience, that it can't be in the power of my flesh.

It has to be operated in the Spirit. The flesh profits nothing.

This is the difference between attempting to be justified by the law (as per Galatians 3:10, Galatians 6:13, Galatians 2:16) and being delivered from the law so that one is set free to walk according to the spirit of what is written being no longer bound by the letter.

1) the born again believer is forgiven of all sin; and,

2) the same born again believer has been given the Holy Spirit so that he or she can walk in obedience; not in the power of the flesh but in the power of the Spirit.

If Jesus is living His life in me and through me, the life that will be lived in this mortal flesh will be a perfect life (because Jesus is perfect and cannot live anything but a perfect life in me and through me).

It is when we take our lives back from Jesus after we have surrendered them to Him that we get into trouble. Then Jesus isn't any longer living His life in us and through us; and our lives will be less than perfect.

But what does it matter? you are forgiven of past, present, and future sins, so it doesn't matter if you live a life that is less than perfect. Isn't that right?

So why face the persecution that will come your way if you have been filled with righteousness (Matthew 5:6, Matthew 5:10-12)?

It is so much easier to "REST IN HIS FORGIVENESS" and then you have an easier road...hint hint...even a broader one...

I'm certain that many will choose that path over the harder path of letting Jesus live in you and through you (Galatians 2:20).

Jesus even said that they would (Matthew 7:13-14).

Last edited: