My God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You used it with BOL have you not, what did it do??? He uses it against you, what did it do???

He has an Idol, it is his religion, you have an Idol, it is teh bible, How many answers do you need, you just ignore them all.

If teh bible is Gods word than why dont you tell me???

so many may wonder why we cant have idols in our lives, well here you see the perfect reason why.

I need an answer to the question I am asking. Why do you quote Scripture if it has no authority?

I have told you the Bible is God's Word.

You say others have an idol who believe the Bible as the Word of God. You say you get your understanding from Jesus, not the Bible. How does He give it to you?

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I do see Jesus weeping over Lazarus and Jerusalem. And of course the rejection of Him caused him grief. But it is hard for me to see him weeping for the Scribes and Pharisees who are knowingly leading the people away from Him. See (Matt. 23:32-36)

Stranger
Have you ever read anything about Corrie Ten Boom? She was a Dutch watchmaker during WWII who helped Jews to escape the Nazis. The following is are excerpts from her autobiography, "The Hiding Place":

In the first excerpt, Corrie is speaking about the man largely responsible for the death of her Father a very old man. The was a Nazi by the name of Jan Vogel:

"Flames of fire seemed to leap around that name in my heart. I thought of Father's final hours, alone and confused, in a hospital corridor. Of the underground work so abruptly halted. I thought of Mary Itallie arrested while walking down a street, And I knew that if Jan Vogel stood in front of me now I could kill him" p.179

Then she cannot understand her sister, Betsie:

"What puzzled me all this time was Betsie. She had suffered everything I had and yet she seemed to carry no burden of rage. "Betsie!", I hissed one dark night when I knew my restless tossing must be keeping her awake. Three of us now shared this single cot as the crowded camp daily received new arrivals. "Betsie, don't you feel anything about Jan Vogel? Doesn't it bother you?"

"Oh yes, Corrie! Terribly! I've felt for him ever since I knew -- and pray for him whenever his name comes into my mind. How dreadfully he must be suffering!"

For a long time I lay silent in the huge shadowy barracks restless with the sighs, snores, and stirrings of hundreds of women. Once again I had the feeling that this sister with whom I had spent all my life belonged somehow to another order of beings. Wasn't she telling me in her gentle way that I was as guilty as Jan Vogel? Didn't he and I stand together before an all-seeing God convicted of the same sin of murder? For I had murdered him with my heart and with my tongue" p180

Betsie died in a Nazi concentration camp. By a miracle Corrie was released from that death camp before the end of the war. She went on to fulfill sister's dream by ministering to the German survivors, including some of the guards responsible for Betsie's death.

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" Matt 5:43-44

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
As it says, " but you will not come to Me so I can give you life". and they dont.
but who is this "they," mjr? See, "they" also do, lots of people, just maybe not the ones you are looking to for that. And almost surely not in a way that you might 100% approve, either. Your conception of people following Word is not going to fit God's, and neither is mine, same as with the Book. The point being that this can cause your lamp to go dark, if you let it.

For with much wisdom is much sorrow; as knowledge increases, grief increases.

Finding out that Word is more than the Bible is a huge step, that you cannot very well expect people to run to embrace if it has made you miserable, see. Don't find love until you are ready. Imo the worst thing you could do would be to be so convincing that you sway people who are not ready, or shame them into repeating your knowledge as if it were their own. If a person cannot deduce that they are not holding the Book of Truth in their hand, then let them believe that the Bible is the Word if they want, after all It was God~Breathed, lots worse places to be spiritually imo.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why do you quote Scripture if it has no authority?
a sad truth is because we are still as mired in law as any Israelite, and not yet at the point Scripture describes, where God's Laws are written on our hearts. An equally good question is "Why do men corrupt Scripture, if It has such authority?" not that i'm wanting to swing any bat for mjr here, as imo rejecting Scripture wholesale is obviously not the way either.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever read anything about Corrie Ten Boom? She was a Dutch watchmaker during WWII who helped Jews to escape the Nazis. The following is are excerpts from her autobiography, "The Hiding Place":

In the first excerpt, Corrie is speaking about the man largely responsible for the death of her Father a very old man. The was a Nazi by the name of Jan Vogel:

Then she cannot understand her sister, Betsie:

Betsie died in a Nazi concentration camp. By a miracle Corrie was released from that death camp before the end of the war. She went on to fulfill sister's dream by ministering to the German survivors, including some of the guards responsible for Betsie's death.

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" Matt 5:43-44

Yes, I remember her story. And I realize the Holy Spirit can do this in the life of a believer.

But concerning these Pharisees, I don't think Jesus was doing that. He certainly wasn't weeping in (Matt. 23:34-36). That His Spirit was grieved, no doubt. I think Jesus here was grieved and angry as 'GodsGrace' pointed out.

Stranger

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a sad truth is because we are still as mired in law as any Israelite, and not yet at the point Scripture describes, where God's Laws are written on our hearts. An equally good question is "Why do men corrupt Scripture, if It has such authority?" not that i'm wanting to swing any bat for mjr here, as imo rejecting Scripture wholesale is obviously not the way either.
Indeed, people have so much more today in one sense than Israel had while following Moses through the desert, but we corrupt what we have today [the scripture written under God's inspiration] as our first carnal parents corrupted their bodies and the bodies of all of their children.

Remember this old song:

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I remember her story. And I realize the Holy Spirit can do this in the life of a believer.

But concerning these Pharisees, I don't think Jesus was doing that. He certainly wasn't weeping in (Matt. 23:34-36). That His Spirit was grieved, no doubt. I think Jesus here was grieved and angry as 'GodsGrace pointed out.

Stranger
Yes, God can display a righteous anger at people who know better and take the evil road, but like the father of the prodigal son, He is mourning for his loss while he is lost. He hopes the prodigal who has fallen into the depths of the seemingly bottomless pit will find his way home.

Some people who have fallen will never return, but usually we have no idea whether or not that will happen. In interim should we not mourn and pray until God tells us to do otherwise?

"And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? ..." I Sam 16:

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God can display a righteous anger at people who know better and take the evil road, but like the father of the prodigal son, He is mourning for his loss while he is lost. He hopes the prodigal who has fallen into the depths of the seemingly bottomless pit will find his way home.

Some people who have fallen will never return, but usually we have no idea whether or not that will happen. In interim should we not mourn and pray until God tells us to do otherwise?

"And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? ..." I Sam 16:

Of course. But, concerning these Pharisees, I believe they were already rejected. (Matt. 12:24-32)

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. But, concerning these Pharisees, I believe they were already rejected. (Matt. 12:24-32)

Stranger
Some of them certainly! Maybe even most of them, but consider that the apostle Paul was a Pharisee and consider where Nicodemus might have been when he came to Jesus by night.

"There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him." John 3:1-2

With other Pharisees at times would not talk or give them the time of day, but He took the time and trouble with Nicodemus. Jesus could always see their hearts. I cannot so I must give them the benefit of a doubt any time I am uncertain.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
amen. Forgive, and you will be forgiven iow. When i saw that i could be seen as a Pharisee, too, it became necessary to have compassion even for Pharisees lol

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of them certainly! Maybe even most of them, but consider that the apostle Paul was a Pharisee and consider where Nicodemus might have been when he came to Jesus by night.

"There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him." John 3:1-2

With other Pharisees at times would not talk or give them the time of day, but He took the time and trouble with Nicodemus. Jesus could always see their hearts. I cannot so I must give them the benefit of a doubt any time I am uncertain.

Indeed. Jesus knew who they were. So, if Jesus speaks to them in the language He does in (Matt. 33-36), then I am thinking He knows who they are, and it is not weeping but anger that is there.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
t was God~Breathed,
Which part??

Have you ever used a GPS. It takes you from one place to another, when you get to your destination you turn it off and get ou, for you are there. What does teh bible do, it tell you of Christ, how many times do you have to read it to get it,

"I am teh way teh truth and teh Life says the Lord"

Jesus is the destination, but so few are willing to get out the car and talk to Him, If you are not listening to Him you have no life, its His word that we hear than give life to our Spirit. Reading studying going to church cannot do that.

Which i why it says,

Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Nice post otherwise

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Which part?
ha well all of It, as demonstrated by the fact that men cannot make sense of any of It lol
It is not the Book of Truth, after all, and It is not meant to be. How else might Bible worshippers be revealed to you, without a Bible? So, like the RCC, imo we have a thing here that would have to be invented if it didn't already exist.

The Bible is perfect because truth is a moving target, and you cannot quote a lie from Scripture, but you also (arguably) cannot quote any absolute truth, which is where the Dao might be said to fail, in that one cannot really argue with it, ergo their heart is not revealed

Reactions: mjrhealth

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus is the destination, but so few are willing to get out the car and talk to Him, If you are not listening to Him you have no life, its His word that we hear than give life to our Spirit. Reading studying going to church cannot do that.
meeting Him in the air is a thing few people can do, this requires leaving the world, and other huge commitments that few people can even envision. Who after all is willing to drop their nets on the spot to follow Christ? I mean, i am an idealist myself ok, but other people have been put on different paths, and imo you should not expect God to judge them with your guidebook.

If you focus on the few that are willing, maybe--which is possibly anyone, at one time or another, just as you surely do not do God's will 100% all the time, right

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
meeting Him in the air is a thing few people can do, this requires leaving the world, and other huge commitments that few people can even envision. Who after all is willing to drop their nets on the spot to follow Christ? I mean, i am an idealist myself ok, but other people have been put on different paths, and imo you should not expect God to judge them with your guidebook.

If you focus on the few that are willing, maybe--which is possibly anyone, at one time or another, just as you surely do not do God's will 100% all the time, right

Hmm , funny thing is one can have Christ now, something so few understand, everything in teh OT was teh flesh, Christ came to show teh Jews teh better way. we "christians" got teh better way without having to go through the Old way. yest just as it says, so many still prefer the old, that bit about the new wine in the hold wine skin. When you discover teh reality of Jesus, He will change your life, but it usually costs you something cause our enemy would rather you didnt.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hmm , funny thing is one can have Christ now, something so few understand, everything in teh OT was teh flesh, Christ came to show teh Jews teh better way. we "christians" got teh better way without having to go through the Old way. yest just as it says, so many still prefer the old, that bit about the new wine in the hold wine skin. When you discover teh reality of Jesus, He will change your life, but it usually costs you something cause our enemy would rather you didnt.
yes, we who justify voting and having courts like to believe that we are not creatures of the law anymore lol

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yes, we who justify voting and having courts like to believe that we are not creatures of the law anymore lol
I dont always understand what you are on about, but I see you as a man seeking teh Lord, thats a good start, far better than seeking knowledge.

Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you quote Scripture if it has no authority?

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. Jesus knew who they were. So, if Jesus speaks to them in the language He does in (Matt. 33-36), then I am thinking He knows who they are, and it is not weeping but anger that is there.

Stranger
He was not weeping for any who had no hope. He was weeping for those while they walking wrongly still had hope.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was not weeping for any who had no hope. He was weeping for those while they walking wrongly still had hope.

I don't know for sure your position on the elect of God. I will say this, Jesus as God the Son knows those who are His. He does grieve for those who are His, who are lost, but led away by false teachers such as the Pharisees.

But He does not grieve over those who are the Pharisees which lead His lost away from Him.

And we are not told in the passages I gave, that Jesus wept. We are shown that He was angry with the Pharisees.

Stranger