My God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
What happens when teh bible contradicts God is God wrong???
See, you do speak audibly to God.
How else could you know the bible is contradicting God???

HOW could the bible contradict God's word when it IS God's word???

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No, you are correct in your observation. And I believe that these views you are seeing are going to grow more and more throughout Christianity. And it is my opinion that they are related to the older view of the Bible which has been taught for years in some circles. These circles would always say the Bible is the Word of God, but once you started talking to them about it you could see that they only believed it was the Word of God if the Holy Spirit uses it for you. In essence they believed the Bible contained the Word of God but was not the Word of God.

Now, it is my opinion that this teaching has grown to the point where people are comfortable saying the Bible is not the Word of God. This is why it is getting harder to find a Church. I was away from going to church for quite a while. I knew I needed to get back, so I got my Bible and visited one. To my surprise, I was the only one with a Bible. The preacher had a Bible. They threw verses up on a screen. What a disappointment that was to me.

Yes, I want to have the view of the written Word of God that Jesus does. "It is written" (Matt. 4:4,7,10)

Stranger
This is very bad news.
As you see, I don't live in the US anymore and I'm not right up to date on these things. I DO watch religious programming and seem to see persons still with their bibles -- it might depend on the church.

I don't think the bible IS God, I'm not one of those...
Maybe the pendulum has swung in the other direction and now the bible is becoming discounted?

Either way is wrong.
But it's absolutely right to say it is the Word of God.

How else would we know anything?
Incredible...
What's next?
Total apostacy...

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No I do not

Here you are putting the bible before, Jesus God and the Holy Spirit, you say you desire to have the written word, whats wrong with teh "living One", teh written one has no life in it, i am sure your discussions with BOL would testify to that. Look how much he quotes it, yet never a bit of life comes out of His mouth its all death. Than go look at the bits about Job how many presume God and the devil to be one and teh same, oh its written in teh bible.
The above is for Stranger.

I'd just like to say that there's plenty of death coming our of the mouths of many Christians.
Some right here -- both Catholic and Protestant.
Some RIGHT HERE. Proclaiming who is saved and who is not.
Who has the Holy Spirit and who does not.
The same persons who accuse others of not edifying fellow believers...
Mathew 15:11

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Again, I apologize for the bunched up posts.
It's due to the time difference...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
one way to find out

a place where all you can really do is breathe; no food, no sensory stimulation? maybe

being hungry is intrinsic to wilderness though
What can I say.
Each one has a different desert.
I've never been hungry, but I've been in the desert.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1. How does God, which is in Heaven, reveal Himself to us?
Through His spirit, that what He gives us is His best, why do you choose teh second best.??

HOW could the bible contradict God's word when it IS God's word???

So the book is God, it must be if it is Gods word He spoke it if he spoke it is is God, you cannot separate the two, so according to you, you have a God before God,

I shall have no other Gods before me,

Why should God agree with a book is He a man or God, this is man lowering God to lower than man

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
3. So you intend to remain a baby in Christ for your whole life?
Grew up a long time ago, here you are still on teh milk.

4. Ummm. I learned from two churches and from studying the bible.
YOU are the one who is self-teaching.
Nah

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Its in your bible.

Funny how the all powerful God gets diminished to nothing when it comes to learning, " we dont need you God we have a book",

Whats wrong with Jesus, why is it so many proclaim to be christians yet wont give Him the time of day.

Studying helps to know things like this.
According to the "bible"
Knowledge puffeth up just ask Saul. You cannot know God but by God, the bible can only ever teach you about Him and as you have seeing some believe]

He is teh devil. All out of teh bible.

5. I boast Jesus and Him crucified.
Galatians 6:14

If this is so why are we having this discussion you should know the answers.

2. Even other religions believe the bible is the revealed word of God.
Even the Jews, for instance.

Which part

Mat 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee

That wasnt Gods word being revealed

Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes. I know. Pia doesn't like me.
No matter.

I don't play games.
YOU said the bible might be the word of God.
I asked you to explain that.
I've NEVER heard that before and I've heard some pretty weird things over the years.
So when people disagree with you they dont like you,

remember the pharisees.

Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mat 15:10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Mat 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

God word is life, teh bible has no life so therefore cannot be God word. I can imagine how you would feel if a bunch of people ran around saying things you never said than saying you said it, you would be mightily upset, would you not.

Reactions: amadeus

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

remember the pharisees.

Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mat 15:10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Mat 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

God word is life, teh bible has no life so therefore cannot be God word. I can imagine how you would feel if a bunch of people ran around saying things you never said than saying you said it, you would be mightily upset, would you not.
You're a weird one.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

remember the pharisees.

Yes, indeed, the Pharisees and Scribes and Sadducees, knew the written scriptures very well, but for the most part, like Nicodemus, they did not really know God. This is really why Jesus wept, because they and their followers who should have know Him, did not. At least Nicodemus was hungry.

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matt 7:21-23

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why because I believe God??? Funny how all those who choose Christ alone get called fools.

No, you're wierd because you make the choice of choosing between Christ and the Bible. That is a choice Christ never made. It is idiotic. You, as I have said before, are a walking contradiction. You despise the Bible, yet always want to quote it.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, indeed, the Pharisees and Scribes and Sadducees, knew the written scriptures very well, but for the most part, like Nicodemus, they did not really know God. This is really why Jesus wept, because they and their followers who should have know Him, did not. At least Nicodemus was hungry.

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matt 7:21-23

Where does it say that is why Jesus wept?

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
That is just my own perception. Jesus wept before the tomb of Lazarus, but I see him weeping not only for Lazarus but all of those among the multitudes who remained blind to His [Jesus'] purpose on behalf God. He wanted them to see what he saw, to understand what he understood. He wanted them not to have to suffer, not only Lazarus and his two sisters.

I consider the following verses in connection with why Jesus was weeping inside even when the tears were not apparent on his face:

"But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children." Luke 23:28

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" Matt 23:37

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Stranger

Hey.
I also have believed this too.
Jesus was The Redurection and the Life....I don't see that He would weep from emotion about Lazarus' death....Jesus knew why He was there and what He was about to do.

I agree with Amadeus...Jesus knew that so many did not believe in Him.
The same way as He cried out- " Jerusalem , Jeruselm ..." Etc
He was moved by their blindness to Him ...I believe it was the same in this case too.

Just my two cents. :)

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What does it mean to TRY to do something?
Do you realize that you're either doing something,
or you're not doing something.
It's simple.
There's no such thing as trying.
Think about it.

I've learned much by speaking to others.
You already know everything, so you don't need to speak to anyone.
There you go again, speaking against what you obviously have no idea about...You are a sad person full of venom like a couple of others have been on this forum.
You constantly lie about peoples posts, quoting things they or I NEVER said....You just want to tear down and belittle and quite frankly, I would rather believe Jesus any day, over you.....
That ok with you ?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, you're wierd because you make the choice of choosing between Christ and the Bible. That is a choice Christ never made. It is idiotic. You, as I have said before, are a walking contradiction. You despise the Bible, yet always want to quote it.
Show me where I said I despise teh bible, I simply said it is not teh word of God, and it cannot be for Gods word is life as even Jesus said,

" I am the way the truth and the life"

or "the words that I speak they are spirit and they are life"

Does not the bible declare Jesus to be teh Word of God come int the flesh?? so why is it you would rather have the dead letter than the living word. WHo is it you serve teh bible or Jesus???