My God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is just my own perception. Jesus wept before the tomb of Lazarus, but I see him weeping not only for Lazarus but all of those among the multitudes who remained blind to His [Jesus'] purpose on behalf God. He wanted them to see what he saw, to understand what he understood. He wanted them not to have to suffer, not only Lazarus and his two sisters.

I consider the following verses in connection with why Jesus was weeping inside even when the tears were not apparent on his face:

"But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children." Luke 23:28

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" Matt 23:37

Yes, I do see Jesus weeping over Lazarus and Jerusalem. And of course the rejection of Him caused him grief. But it is hard for me to see him weeping for the Scribes and Pharisees who are knowingly leading the people away from Him. See (Matt. 23:32-36)

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me where I said I despise teh bible, I simply said it is not teh word of God, and it cannot be for Gods word is life as even Jesus said,

" I am the way the truth and the life"

or "the words that I speak they are spirit and they are life"

Does not the bible declare Jesus to be teh Word of God come int the flesh?? so why is it you would rather have the dead letter than the living word. WHo is it you serve teh bible or Jesus???

You despise the Bible in not calling it the Word of God. You despise the Bible in calling it an idol just because others see it as the Word of God.

Where did I say Jesus was not the Word of God? Have not I said that Jesus was the Word of God?

Why quote Scripture if it has no authority?

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
(John 10:26) "But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you."
You left out this part

Joh 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

If you where hearing His voice for what reason would you need the bible.?? I cannot call the bible the word of God because I do not despise God nor Jesus, nor am I willing to lower the all power all knowing all loving all Holy God to words in a book. If according to you the bible is teh word of God than according to you the devil and God are one and teh same because even he speaks in there.

Now as I said before, if God doesnt agree with teh bible, who's wrong God or the bible. Think very hard as to where you put your faith.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You left out this part

Joh 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

If you where hearing His voice for what reason would you need the bible.?? I cannot call the bible the word of God because I do not despise God nor Jesus, nor am I willing to lower the all power all knowing all loving all Holy God to words in a book. If according to you the bible is teh word of God than according to you the devil and God are one and teh same because even he speaks in there.

Now as I said before, if God doesnt agree with teh bible, who's wrong God or the bible. Think very hard as to where you put your faith.

So? It takes away nothing from (John 10:26)

Again, why do you quote Scripture if it has no authority?

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Again, why do you quote Scripture if it has no authority?
Because it has none, authority comes form God, have you not read what teh devil said.

Mat 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Pick and argument with the devil over the bible and see who wins, it wont be you. And so many ask why, simply you dont believe anything else, that bit you posted, "my sheep hear my voice" His sheep cannot and will not follow anyone or anything else, if they did they would not be His sheep.

ANd you have being around our friend to long, you know how he says, "If you reject His church you reject Him", where3 He is not speaking of our Lords ecclesia, he speaks of the catholic church, and yet you have just done the same, " if you reject teh bible you reject Him" see its because I love Christ I reject teh catholism and all it stands for, its Because I love Jesus and God that I cant call the bible His word, His word is life, BOL is absolute proof teh bible has none in it.

Now again if God disagrees with teh bible whos wrong, God or the bible???

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it has none, authority comes form God, have you not read what teh devil said.

Mat 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Pick and argument with the devil over the bible and see who wins, it wont be you. And so many ask why, simply you dont believe anything else, that bit you posted, "my sheep hear my voice" His sheep cannot and will not follow anyone or anything else, if they did they would not be His sheep.

ANd you have being around our friend to long, you know how he says, "If you reject His church you reject Him", where3 He is not speaking of our Lords ecclesia, he speaks of the catholic church, and yet you have just done the same, " if you reject teh bible you reject Him" see its because I love Christ I reject teh catholism and all it stands for, its Because I love Jesus and God that I cant call the bible His word, His word is life, BOL is absolute proof teh bible has none in it.

Now again if God disagrees with teh bible whos wrong, God or the bible???

Again, why do you quote the Scripture if it has no authority?

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I
Again, why do you quote the Scripture if it has no authority?
answered yours you answer mine

Or should I repeat myself, you wont listen to anything else, that bit about , " my sheep hear my voice" teh bible is not His voice, it has no life in it,

Now can you please answer mine, If God disagrees with the bible, whos wrong, God or the bible ???

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I

Or should I repeat myself, you wont listen to anything else, that bit about , " my sheep hear my voice" teh bible is not His voice, it has no life in it,

Now can you please answer mine, If God disagrees with the bible, whos wrong, God or the bible ???

The question is why do you quote the Scripture if it has no authority? You just said because it has none in #167. That does not answer the question.

So, answer it.

Stranger

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine how it would be if you where this wonderful King, who loved His people, and took care of them. yet there where these people running around, proclaiming to the world, that a book not authorized or written by you, was proclaimed to be your words, which made you no better than the devil himself even less than man, do you not think you may be a little upset, that people would rather believe a book than you... Good thing God saw it would happen, He sent us His best but still man chooses second best.

Again, you get your Authority from a man you call Jesus, your personal God you meet with face to face.
I

It's simple: your personal Jesus is wrong.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Again, you get your Authority from a man you call Jesus, your personal God you meet with face to face.
Hmm so sad, is that the worst you can do... Teh bible has no authority throw it at teh devil and see what He does.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The question is why do you quote the Scripture if it has no authority? You just said because it has none in #167. That does not answer the question.

So, answer it.
I did, 3 times why wont you answer mine ??

I do know why, if you say that the bible is right and God is wrong than you have a God before God, if you say God is right and the bible is wrong than you have a dillema on your hands, actually wither way you have a problem dont you...

God is not bound by the words in a book, He is bound by His love and truth is He not...

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did, 3 times why wont you answer mine ??

I do know why, if you say that the bible is right and God is wrong than you have a God before God, if you say God is right and the bible is wrong than you have a dillema on your hands, actually wither way you have a problem dont you...

God is not bound by the words in a book, He is bound by His love and truth is He not...

Why do you quote Scripture if it has no authority? Show me where you have answered this?

Stranger

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes, I do see Jesus weeping over Lazarus and Jerusalem. And of course the rejection of Him caused him grief. But it is hard for me to see him weeping for the Scribes and Pharisees who are knowingly leading the people away from Him. See (Matt. 23:32-36)

Stranger
I agree.
I believe Jesus was weeping for the people who were being led astray.
Why would He cry for those who were doing the action of leading them astray??!

In Mathew 23:13.... we read about the seven woes.
Jesus is MAD at the pharisees for keeping persons far from God, He is not sorry for them. He calls them fools, hypocrites, unrighteous, robbers, self-indulgers, unclean, condemned and more.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why do you quote Scripture if it has no authority? Show me where you have answered this?
Because it doesnt, all those discussions that you and BOL and all the others including me have with Him , has speaking scripture changed anything, has he changed has all that scripture he quotes made any difference, as @bbyrd009 said, show us in the bible where God was going to give man a book, Jesus only ever promised man kind the Holy Spirit, to guide and teach us teh truth, and this vert discussion is teh reason why, this is what happens when men try figure out God for themselves, you know that book of revelation, was it not Given to John?? Its not your or mine or anyone elses revelation, you cant study and understand it, you cant study teh bible and figure it out, it has no life, only teh words Spoken by God have life, , its there in your bible, why dont you believe it. The bible has its place but it does not replace God Jesus or teh Holy spirit, it is not equal to nor above them,

As it says, " but you will not come to Me so I can give you life". and they dont.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it doesnt, all those discussions that you and BOL and all the others including me have with Him , has speaking scripture changed anything, has he changed has all that scripture he quotes made any difference, as @bbyrd009 said, show us in the bible where God was going to give man a book, Jesus only ever promised man kind the Holy Spirit, to guide and teach us teh truth, and this vert discussion is teh reason why, this is what happens when men try figure out God for themselves, you know that book of revelation, was it not Given to John?? Its not your or mine or anyone elses revelation, you cant study and understand it, you cant study teh bible and figure it out, it has no life, only teh words Spoken by God have life, , its there in your bible, why dont you believe it. The bible has its place but it does not replace God Jesus or teh Holy spirit, it is not equal to nor above them,

As it says, " but you will not come to Me so I can give you life". and they dont.

Again, 'because it doesn't' is not an answer. The question is, why do you quote Scripture if it has no authority?

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The question is, why do you quote Scripture if it has no authority?
This is what happens when a man need to defend an idol, how many answers do you want, what is it you want to hear. Just as you can not give BOL an answer He wants to hear neither can I give you one either. I asked you one question which you refuse to answer I have answered all of your.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what happens when a man need to defend an idol, how many answers do you want, what is it you want to hear. Just as you can not give BOL an answer He wants to hear neither can I give you one either. I asked you one question which you refuse to answer I have answered all of your.

You haven't given any answer to my question. Your refusal to answer shows how untenable your position is. Your refusal to answer shows that your position must be abandoned and you must give some thought to the Bible as the Word of God.

To carry on with this clownish method of understanding God and doctrine outside of Scripture but all the while using Scripture, is childish. You have no answer because you are wrong.

So, again, why do you quote Scripture if it has no authority?

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, again, why do you quote Scripture if it has no authority?
You used it with BOL have you not, what did it do??? He uses it against you, what did it do???

He has an Idol, it is his religion, you have an Idol, it is teh bible, How many answers do you need, you just ignore them all.

If teh bible is Gods word than why dont you tell me???

so many may wonder why we cant have idols in our lives, well here you see the perfect reason why.