My God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hmm, would you believe anything else ???
Sorry mj,
What am I supposed to believe?
You or @pia who speak to the Holy Spirit on a daily basis with, apparently , an audible ? Voice?
That's ok.
I'll trust the Bible...the word of God, given to us as a revelation of Himself.

Let me ask you this...
WHY do you think God gave his revelation to the Hebrews, Israelis, Jews???
Clue...it has something to do with oral tradition.
Joshua 4:6

If you understand this, you might understand why the Bible is important.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well, scientists are not 100% sure there was a big bang. But God is sure he said "Let there be light"
I think they're saying now that, yes, the universe DID have a beginning.
They used to say that it always existed.
You could check this out.
I'm 98% sure.

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think they're saying now that, yes, the universe DID have a beginning.
They used to say that it always existed.
You could check this out.
I'm 98% sure.
The problem with the big bang is that if everything was condensed into a singularity, what did it expanded into if there was nothing outside it.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I can do is try to pass on how He answered me in regard to the Bible.....You should take it to Him in prayer for confirmation......He said to my question about the Bible.
" The Bible contains written accounts of words FROM God TO man ( mankind )....... Words from MAN, TO God......... But, mostly it contains words ABOUT God by man and mans understandings and questionings of God ....."
As I said, please take it before Him, don't just believe because anyone in particular, says so...Even those whom we don't even know, who claim that all the words in the Bible are from Gods own mouth to men ( whether by the Holy spirit or Gods voice ).....We can only get to know the 100% Truth, by and through His Holy spirit of Truth, which Jesus is full of as well, and as they are all ONE we can get it from either.
Hope you take the time, and put your own 'up to now' understanding of it all aside and ask Him and hopefully get an answer back pronto.....All the very best Pia :)

I know you are sincere in what you are saying. But what you are saying is opposite of what the Bible says. Thus, you are telling me God has told you something that contradicts what He said in the Bible. Thus you are telling me I should believe the voice you heard instead of the Bible. I think you should consider that this is dangerous ground. Remember the first lie ever recorded, (Gen. 3:1) "Yea hath God said".

I do not discount the Holy Spirit's work in my understanding of the Bible and in giving insight or revelation in knowing God and Christ. But if such insight or revelation contradicts the Bible, then my sense is, it is not from God.

Growing in the Spirit and knowledge of God's Word, the Bible, should go hand in hand.

Stranger

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsGrace

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
given to us as a revelation of Himself.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

you cannot get revelation from reading teh bible, even teh book of revelation was written to John, without revelation from God its just a book no more no less.

If you understand this, you might understand why the Bible is important.

It has much to say, but it is not God, without His revelation its just a book. Why do you think it says.

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Men love to boast of how they taught themselves, God doesnt work that way, each gets a little, all they need to get through and maybe a little more, never enough to boast of how clever they are.

We have asked no one to follow us just to seek Christ, if you dont want Him thats fine there are plenty who would love to see Him now, yet so many deny Him. Jesus didnt just die on teh cross for you salvation, He gave us so much more, but do you really care. ???

And please teh sarcasm is not for christians, we never claimed we hear from Him daily, even Jesus seems to have quiet periods, thats when teh faith comes in.

Who needs God when you have a book???

Reactions: pia

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know why some are disagreeing with your statement.
It Is accepted in the Christian faith that the Bible is the word of God.
Am I missing something?

They make me wonder if maybe you put the Bible on the same plane as Jesus?

No, you are correct in your observation. And I believe that these views you are seeing are going to grow more and more throughout Christianity. And it is my opinion that they are related to the older view of the Bible which has been taught for years in some circles. These circles would always say the Bible is the Word of God, but once you started talking to them about it you could see that they only believed it was the Word of God if the Holy Spirit uses it for you. In essence they believed the Bible contained the Word of God but was not the Word of God.

Now, it is my opinion that this teaching has grown to the point where people are comfortable saying the Bible is not the Word of God. This is why it is getting harder to find a Church. I was away from going to church for quite a while. I knew I needed to get back, so I got my Bible and visited one. To my surprise, I was the only one with a Bible. The preacher had a Bible. They threw verses up on a screen. What a disappointment that was to me.

Yes, I want to have the view of the written Word of God that Jesus does. "It is written" (Matt. 4:4,7,10)

Stranger

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now how can that be ,

God is life, His word gives life the bible has none, even Jesus quoted of scripture. one thing that so many ignore.

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

When you put something before God it is an idol,

I shall have no other Gods before me,

Remember those two scriptures we discussed, how you made a statement that was not any where in the text. What you wrote was hearsay, and in a court of law teh whole thing would be thrown out for lack of evidence, 2 witnesses that cant agree and a third making up a story to make it fit.

Defending Idols thats what BOL is doing, but he is a part of His idol and that makes it really hard to let go.

In (John 5:39) Jesus is not chastising the Pharisees for searching the Scriptures. He is chastising them for not seeing Jesus in the Scriptures. You misinterpret Him.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In (John 5:39) Jesus is not chastising the Pharisees for searching the Scriptures. He is chastising them for not seeing Jesus in the Scriptures. You misinterpret Him.
No I do not

Here you are putting the bible before, Jesus God and the Holy Spirit, you say you desire to have the written word, whats wrong with teh "living One", teh written one has no life in it, i am sure your discussions with BOL would testify to that. Look how much he quotes it, yet never a bit of life comes out of His mouth its all death. Than go look at the bits about Job how many presume God and the devil to be one and teh same, oh its written in teh bible.

Reactions: pia

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You are a teacher are you not, after all these years have you not yet figured it out?? There is a very good reason why Jesus uses the humble teh unlearned to teach.

1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

You see teh only thing I have ever said is that it is not Gods word, never ever did I say it was not useful, but christans have made it an Idol, putting it and there learning before God Himself, Saying "God must agree with teh bible not teh Bible should agree with God, therefore making teh bible a God before God, Agin does it not sya.

I shall have no other Gods before me", yet you cant see what it is you are doing, that is why God wont allow men to have Idols,

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You are a teacher are you not, after all these years have you not yet figured it out?? There is a very good reason why Jesus uses the humble teh unlearned to teach.

1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

You see teh only thing I have ever said is that it is not Gods word, never ever did I say it was not useful, but christans have made it an Idol, putting it and there learning before God Himself, Saying "God must agree with teh bible not teh Bible should agree with God, therefore making teh bible a God before God, Agin does it not sya.

I shall have no other Gods before me", yet you cant see what it is you are doing, that is why God wont allow men to have Idols,
So the bible is not the word of God but it's useful.
For what?
And why should I even believe it?
There's plenty of books out there.
I like C.S. Lewis, maybe I should just read Mere Christianity and go by that. Give it to a few friends and maybe they'll get saved by it?
But wait. Would those be the words of C.S. Lewis?

In the same way the bible is the word of God.
I especially like 1 John 1:1-5
1 Corinthians 2:14 is a good one too. Those who have the spirit of God understand the bible and enjoy reading it.

How do we know God is a loving God and not a God full of wrath?
1 John 4:8b

How do we know that we're supposed to receive communion?
And what does it all mean anyway?
John 6

What has God called us for?
1 Thessalonians 4:7

How are we made right with God?
Philippians 3:9-10

How do persons come to be saved?
Acts 2:41

How do we even know we get the Holy Spirit?
Acts 1:8
John 16:7

And why were the gospels written?
John 20:31
How else would we know Jesus is the Christ?

Do we know how Jesus would want us to behave?
Mathew 5:3-10

Did Jesus come to abolish the Law?
Some say yes, some say no.
Who is right?

How would we know Jesus is God if we did not have the written word?
Do you suppose God could have come down and spoken to each one of us individually?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Oh. BTW.
1 Corinthians 1:26-29 is not saying what you think it does.

This is what it's saying:

1 Co 1:26
We could look around us and see who God chooses. The "normal" folk, not necessarily the best of the bunch.

1 Co 1:27
God chose persons that are not of the noble or of the rich and famous.
He chose those that the society often overlooks and just uses to show the noble and the rich to show how superficial and empty the life of the others is.

1 Co 1:28
God will bring about what He will. No man can boast in His presence...All men need God.

1 Co 1:29
All we have we owe to God and not to ourselves.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
O

h you are playing that MaryMog game now, just as Pia said you would.. You know whom teh deceiver is. Stop playing his games, You know full well I never said that, it is you that insists those words that satan spoke where from God Himself.. Its Gods word after all you say is it not???
Yes. I know. Pia doesn't like me.
No matter.

I don't play games.
YOU said the bible might be the word of God.
I asked you to explain that.
I've NEVER heard that before and I've heard some pretty weird things over the years.

Jesus said a house divided will not stand.
Are you not dividing the house of God?
Mathew 12:22-26
Mathew 12:25

Quite frankly, I don't know what you're talking about...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Imagine how it would be if you where this wonderful King, who loved His people, and took care of them. yet there where these people running around, proclaiming to the world, that a book not authorized or written by you, was proclaimed to be your words, which made you no better than the devil himself even less than man, do you not think you may be a little upset, that people would rather believe a book than you... Good thing God saw it would happen, He sent us His best but still man chooses second best.
Does not His best speak through His second best?
HOW ELSE would we know about His first best?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The problem with the big bang is that if everything was condensed into a singularity, what did it expanded into if there was nothing outside it.
Good luck.
I sure don't understand it.
I did hear just very shortly, that when the big bang happened there was such mass that it should have imploded, but it did not. Now they don't understand why not.

I'll tell you why not -- because God didn't want it to!
What about the God particle?
That's pretty incredible.
The bible even says that God holds everything together....
!!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I know you are sincere in what you are saying. But what you are saying is opposite of what the Bible says. Thus, you are telling me God has told you something that contradicts what He said in the Bible. Thus you are telling me I should believe the voice you heard instead of the Bible. I think you should consider that this is dangerous ground. Remember the first lie ever recorded, (Gen. 3:1) "Yea hath God said".

I do not discount the Holy Spirit's work in my understanding of the Bible and in giving insight or revelation in knowing God and Christ. But if such insight or revelation contradicts the Bible, then my sense is, it is not from God.

Growing in the Spirit and knowledge of God's Word, the Bible, should go hand in hand.

Stranger
Well said.

Strangely enough, these same persons tell me that Catholicism is a cult because it is not biblical !!

Some here need to make up their minds.

Sola Scriptura is a very safe place to be.
If it is not in the bible, or at least can be gleened from the bible -- we should stay away from it.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

you cannot get revelation from reading teh bible, even teh book of revelation was written to John, without revelation from God its just a book no more no less.

It has much to say, but it is not God, without His revelation its just a book. Why do you think it says.

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Men love to boast of how they taught themselves, God doesnt work that way, each gets a little, all they need to get through and maybe a little more, never enough to boast of how clever they are.

We have asked no one to follow us just to seek Christ, if you dont want Him thats fine there are plenty who would love to see Him now, yet so many deny Him. Jesus didnt just die on teh cross for you salvation, He gave us so much more, but do you really care. ???

And please teh sarcasm is not for christians, we never claimed we hear from Him daily, even Jesus seems to have quiet periods, thats when teh faith comes in.

Who needs God when you have a book???
1. How does God, which is in Heaven, reveal Himself to us?

2. Even other religions believe the bible is the revealed word of God.
Even the Jews, for instance.

WHY do you keep posting scripture you do not believe is from God?

3. So you intend to remain a baby in Christ for your whole life?

4. Ummm. I learned from two churches and from studying the bible.
YOU are the one who is self-teaching.

5. I boast Jesus and Him crucified.
Galatians 6:14

I do ask that you don't become personal in your remarks.
If you make statements as the the spiritual state of my soul, we can stop speaking right now.

You never answered regarding Joshua 4:7
You never answered as to your opinion as to why God gave His revelation and word to the Hebrews, Israelites, Jews.

Do you not know?
Studying helps to know things like this.
They are good things to know.
You shouldn't demean persons who study.