My God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmmm.
Too easy.
WHAT did Jesus say we had to do?
I have people telling me we don't have to do anything.
Ask Him, seek Him, Knock on His door........Or answer the door if He is knocking on yours....All about HIM, find it ALL in HIM, in the REAL Him. The Resurrected Jesus, whom it seems you just don't believe in???? Astonishing !

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Ask Him, seek Him, Knock on His door........Or answer the door if He is knocking on yours....All about HIM, find it ALL in HIM, in the REAL Him. The Resurrected Jesus, whom it seems you just don't believe in???? Astonishing !
This will be my last post to you...
YOU do not get to tell me what I believe.
I AM the only person who is allowed to say what I MYSELF believe in.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What does it mean to TRY to do something?
Do you realize that you're either doing something,
or you're not doing something.
It's simple.
There's no such thing as trying.
Think about it.

I've learned much by speaking to others.
You already know everything, so you don't need to speak to anyone.
Phew ! boy oh boy, and by the way... That one wasn't for you......
I think you need to go back to school, so you can understand the difference between all/everything and a few things......
which I have made oh so clear too many times to mention, but you will just lash out won't you, why do you feel the need to do that? Try to bring others down ? Is that the doctrine you follow ? If so, then ????? Where is Jesus in among all that?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What does it mean to TRY to do something?
Do you realize that you're either doing something,
or you're not doing something.
It's simple.
There's no such thing as trying.
Think about it.

I've learned much by speaking to others.
You already know everything, so you don't need to speak to anyone.

Re the Bold above....I can't see it as that black and white.
We are both mothers. Have you never had your heart warmed when you child TRIED, but failed?
Even it's first toddling steps do fail so often...but we clap and cheer because they are giving it their very best shot.

And what about the School Race Day...our kid comes in at the back of the pack...but they were trying...they never gave up!!
They may have 'failed' to be the winner, but they did not fail in giving it evrything that they had.

What say you? Isn't the 'race of life' that we are all on very similar?
We are God's children He is not disappointed when we try.

Bless you.... Helen

Last edited:
Reactions: pia and aspen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then why do you try to heap dung upon those who do the same ?
@GodsGrace You know, of course you are entitled to not walk with the Living Resurrected Christ, it is an offer, not a demand...What I simply do not understand however, is why on earth you would belittle and try to stop those who are trying their best, to walk With Him and In Him ???

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pia, are you deciding who is a Christian and who is not? If so, why?

Reactions: GodsGrace

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep saying this.
Can't we just accept Rhema as being what John says in his gospel?
Is that not enough?

What are we to do then, if every church has their own interpretation?
If the bible can't be trusted because the persons that wrote it can't be trusted, then we're just floating around out there with nothing to hang onto.

It is not that the Bible cannot be trusted. An atheist with no plan or desire to serve God can read the Bible and get nothing from it except what he wishes to and expects to find. You receive something good from the Bible, because you already know God. You do receive direction from the Holy Spirit in your reading or studying. I do also as does any believer who opens the Bible and reads it.

Why do we come up with discrepancies or even seeming contradictions among believers?

We do have different beliefs from one another already. Those beliefs and our overall level in our walk with God do affect how the Holy Spirit opens us up or even may limit the Holy Spirit because some things that we have already decided are right... whether they are or not. Everyone who is serving God at all can grow. Whether they do or not is not up to God. It is up to the individual. Our choices in what we will even consider make a difference is what He will show us.

Remember what Jesus said?

"Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein." Luke 18:17

Now recall your own childhood or what you have observed more recently in young children you have known. What do you suppose Jesus meant when it was applied to a physical adult? Children have few if any habits when they are very young. They develop habits as they grow, both good one and bad ones.

I would think that Jesus wants us to come with no preconceived habits or ideas in order to for the Holy Spirit to impress on us from God's store. He won't impress anything evil on us, but we, because of implanted habits, ideas, beliefs, etc. limit access yo God Himself. Do we really trust Him? If so then why would we worry about even considering an idea or doctrine or belief that we had already rejected previously? God can take care of Himself... and if we will allow it, He can take of us as well.

What men call "freewill" is simply choosing God's Way or some other way. When we choose some other way, even a way that seems good to us, do we not block the free access of God to our heart?

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Prov 14:12

Would you have already take a way that was leading to death because it seemed right to you at the time? Perhaps not, but that is only perhaps. Who but God knows.

What secrets do you have that none of us have?

I'll tell you what I do when I have a doubt.
I go to the early church fathers or theologians.
Do you also not agree with this method?

Reading the writings of the early church fathers or more recent theologians is not an evil thing. We might learn some very good things from them. But, don't decide to go along a particular road just because some man, even a very good man, did. Your road is not theirs and theirs is not yours.

While there is only one highway of holiness, the work necessary as we travel the road does depend on what God requires of us as our function as a single individual part of the Body of Christ. We are not all the same. God does have different things in mind for each of us. Basing your conclusion on someone else's conclusion may lead you off the road because you were not also listening to God as you considered that other person's conclusion.

Remember Hosea versus the Apostle Paul! They were both men of God.

Reactions: lforrest

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just thought of something BoD
@breathofdesire

Do you suppose God made us of the same "stuff" He's made of?
A la Carl Sagan?
I don't believe there is any dirt in God, at least not if you don't count the man, Jesus. But we are now a new creature being built anew to replace the corruptible and corrupted one with which we started.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe there is any dirt in God, at least not if you don't count the man, Jesus. But we are now a new creature being built anew to replace the corruptible and corrupted one with which we started.

Jesus is the ‘dirt’ in God?

Reactions: amadeus

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Re the Bold above....I can't see it as that black and white.
We are both mothers. Have you never had your heart warmed when you child TRIED, but failed?
Even it's first toddling steps do fail so often...but we clap and cheer because they are giving it their very best shot.

And what about the School Race Day...our kid comes in at the back of the pack...but they were trying...they never gave up!!
They may have 'failed' to be the winner, but they did not fail in giving it evrything that they had.

What say you? Isn't the 'race of life' that we are all on very similar?
We are God's children He is not disappointed when we try.

Bless you.... Helen
You said it yourself.
Those who "tried" really failed.

This is philosophy. I'm not making it up to be mean.
If it can't be accepted, so be it.

But it's not MY invention.
Just a thought. I was pretty amazed when I learned it.
Think about it.
I can't be trying to sew.
I'm either sewing or I'm not sewing.

Has nothing to do with kids doing their best or "trying".
I've tried a lot of things myself, but at least I understand the term is WRONG... Any philosophers here to back me up?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It is not that the Bible cannot be trusted. An atheist with no plan or desire to serve God can read the Bible and get nothing from it except what he wishes to and expects to find. You receive something good from the Bible, because you already know God. You do receive direction from the Holy Spirit in your reading or studying. I do also as does any believer who opens the Bible and reads it.

Why do we come up with discrepancies or even seeming contradictions among believers?

We do have different beliefs from one another already. Those beliefs and our overall level in our walk with God do affect how the Holy Spirit opens us up or even may limit the Holy Spirit because some things that we have already decided are right... whether they are or not. Everyone who is serving God at all can grow. Whether they do or not is not up to God. It is up to the individual. Our choices in what we will even consider make a difference is what He will show us.

Remember what Jesus said?

"Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein." Luke 18:17

Now recall your own childhood or what you have observed more recently in young children you have known. What do you suppose Jesus meant when it was applied to a physical adult? Children have few if any habits when they are very young. They develop habits as they grow, both good one and bad ones.

I would think that Jesus wants us to come with no preconceived habits or ideas in order to for the Holy Spirit to impress on us from God's store. He won't impress anything evil on us, but we, because of implanted habits, ideas, beliefs, etc. limit access yo God Himself. Do we really trust Him? If so then why would we worry about even considering an idea or doctrine or belief that we had already rejected previously? God can take care of Himself... and if we will allow it, He can take of us as well.

What men call "freewill" is simply choosing God's Way or some other way. When we choose some other way, even a way that seems good to us, do we not block the free access of God to our heart?

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Prov 14:12

Would you have already take a way that was leading to death because it seemed right to you at the time? Perhaps not, but that is only perhaps. Who but God knows.

Reading the writings of the early church fathers or more recent theologians is not an evil thing. We might learn some very good things from them. But, don't decide to go along a particular road just because some man, even a very good man, did. Your road is not theirs and theirs is not yours.

While there is only one highway of holiness, the work necessary as we travel the road does depend on what God requires of us as our function as a single individual part of the Body of Christ. We are not all the same. God does have different things in mind for each of us. Basing your conclusion on someone else's conclusion may lead you off the road because you were not also listening to God as you considered that other person's conclusion.

Remember Hosea versus the Apostle Paul! They were both men of God.
I have to say that I DO trust the early Christians.
Just an example...

Some Christians say works are not necessary.
This is a very RECENT idea.
What did the early Christians write and believe?
WHO would be more correct?

The ones who were closest to Christ, or these new modern day preachers who distort the word of God to fill up churches?
Oh. And make everyone feel good about themselves?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Not flesh and bone, other than that I don't know.
Carl Sagan was a scientist. You must know him.
He used to say that everything in the universe is made of the same "star stuff".

I never thought about it but it's because the same "person" made everything! And He used the same material.

Do you realize that everything in the universe that we know of is made up of either a straight line or a curved line? There's nothing else.

God made everything using the same "stuff".
Whatever that is. I wouldn't know...

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to say that I DO trust the early Christians.
Just an example...

Some Christians say works are not necessary.
This is a very RECENT idea.
What did the early Christians write and believe?
WHO would be more correct?

The ones who were closest to Christ, or these new modern day preachers who distort the word of God to fill up churches?
Oh. And make everyone feel good about themselves?

I just got another Ancient Christian Commentary - completes The book of Genesis

Carl Sagan was a scientist. You must know him.
He used to say that everything in the universe is made of the same "star stuff".

I never thought about it but it's because the same "person" made everything! And He used the same material.

Do you realize that everything in the universe that we know of is made up of either a straight line or a curved line? There's nothing else.

God made everything using the same "stuff".
Whatever that is. I wouldn't know...

True. Perhaps stardust is just the material manifestation of Gods neurotransmitters