My Lord And Savior Is Not A "SISSIFIED NEEDY JESUS", But HE is a GOD of WRATH!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, now I know why the same avatars . . . I wonder why people change their screen names?

Maybe it has to do with that he stopped answering my questions also.

I've found @SovereignGrace to be a good source for info!

Much love!
I didn't stop answering your questions. I may have just missed them, so feel free to ask again.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your sect is the only one that believes and loves God, do you see how this sounds like a shallow answer? Are there no Lutherans Catholic Baptist Episcopalian. I personally need a more convincing answer than that.
I have never argued that Calvinists are the only Elect now have I? Nope.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to Calvin. He believed some people are enlightened by God for a time, maybe most of their lives and then God just drops em one day because they weren't really elect.
"Experience shows that the reprobate are sometimes affected in a way so similar to the elect that even in their own judgment there is no difference between them. Hence, it is not strange, that by the Apostle a taste of heavenly gifts, and by Christ himself a temporary faith is ascribed to them. Not that they truly perceive the power of spiritual grace and the sure light of faith; but the Lord, the better to convict them, and leave them without excuse, instills into their minds such a sense of goodness as can be felt without the Spirit of adoption ... there is a great resemblance and affinity between the elect of God and those who are impressed for a time with a fading faith ... Still it is correctly said, that the reprobate believe God to be propitious to them, inasmuch as they accept the gift of reconciliation, though confusedly and without due discernment; not that they are partakers of the same faith or regeneration with the children of God; but because, under a covering of hypocrisy they seem to have a principle of faith in common with them. Nor do I even deny that God illumines their mind to this extent ... there is nothing inconsistent in this with the fact of his enlightening some with a present sense of grace, which afterwards proves evanescent." (Institutes 3.2.11).
When I am talking about believing I am talking in the biblical sense of belief, not head knowledge.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your sect is the only one that believes and loves God, do you see how this sounds like a shallow answer? Are there no Lutherans Catholic Baptist Episcopalian. I personally need a more convincing answer than that.
He's never implied this, nor has any Reformed. It's a total misrepresentation. Why not, instead of the above troll fodder, talk with truths instead of fabricated stories? In other words, behave like a Christian?

Oh, again, @Jane_Doe22? It is duly noted you liked his post which literally lied about a person. It's interesting that you like these things often. Do you love lies, and when others make them?

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's never implied this, nor has any Reformed. It's a total misrepresentation. Why not, instead of the above troll fodder, talk with truths instead of fabricated stories? In other words, behave like a Christian?

Oh, again, @Jane_Doe22? It is duly noted you liked his post which literally lied about a person. It's interesting that you like these things often. Do you love lies, and when others make them?
You sir know nothing about me,