My Lord And Savior Is Not A "SISSIFIED NEEDY JESUS", But HE is a GOD of WRATH!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I merely conveyed what SCRIPTURE says. The wages of sin is death. That is their just due. < >
You have no idea how I DO weep and pray over people I know are lost. You have grossly assigned a position and intent to me I do not have.

Glad to hear it David , that is the first time in all the posts that you have made that you gave us a wee glimpse of your heart.
blessings ..H

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad to hear it David , that is the first time in all the posts that you have made that you gave us a wee glimpse of your heart.
blessings ..H
2 Corinthians 6:11,13 KJV
[11] O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged. [13] Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.

Tecarta Bible

Reactions: Helen

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, ok then tell me I'm hateful and then tell me to act like a believer. Good grief.
" in the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent." Acts 17:31
Correct, that's exactly what I told you. If you're a believer you'll do it and be thankful for being told these things. As of now your response to being told these things is a mocking response of "Good grief."

Reactions: SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I've said before David.
It how you say it. I guess I should be used to your posts by now, but they still often shock me. :D

You said :- "Jesus said NO MAN comes to the Father but through Him. So, if you don't believe, you don't get to the Father. You get everlasting torment which is your just due."

My first thought was OUCH! That is harsh.
Have you never read of the great evangelist of old times..that wept through the night concerning the lost. Then preached in open field the next day to get them saved ?

What if they just went to bed saying to themselves :- "If they don't listen to be and get saved tomorrow, too bad for them, they will get their just reward in hell fire."

You didn't even write - Sadly they will get everlasting torment which their just due."

That is the harshness I am speaking about.
On the way toward the cross , Jesus even took time to weep over Jerusalem...

I'll try not to bother you any more.
Charles Spurgeon said if the lost go to hell let it be as they walk over our dead bodies and through our prayers. I obviously paraphrased that. No Calvinist would disagree with him. We pray for God to have mercy on the lost. However, according to Exodus 33:19 and Romans 9:15-16, we see He doesn’t extend this mercy to all men indiscriminately, but to those upon whom He will have mercy. Yet, we still pray for Him to be merciful to the lost.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, that's exactly what I told you. If you're a believer you'll do it and be thankful for being told these things. As of now your response to being told these things is a mocking response of "Good grief."
Condescending was certainly the correct word choice.
Being a believer doesn't make one a doormat.
For the record, I don't hate Calvinists.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Charles Spurgeon said if the lost go to hell let it be as they walk over our dead bodies and through our prayers. I obviously paraphrased that. No Calvinist would disagree with him. We pray for God to have mercy on the lost. However, according to Exodus 33:19 and Romans 9:15-16, we see He doesn’t extend this mercy to all men indiscriminately, but to those upon whom He will have mercy. Yet, we still pray for Him to be merciful to the lost.
So you pray for God to do what you don't believe is God's will. If calvinists are correct, your prayers are of no use, because God has already irresistibly chosen a few for salvation and the rest for damnation.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Condescending was certainly the correct word choice.
Being a believer doesn't make one a doormat.
For the record, I don't hate Calvinists.
Oh, but you do hate God's doctrine of Sovereign electing grace and predestination. That's a fact. You just don't like the fact that God (think about that) is actually God and in charge.

And since the above are facts, you do hate the Reformed. You probably need to stare at Romans 9:20 and a mirror.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, but you do hate God's doctrine of Sovereign electing grace and predestination. That's a fact. You just don't like the fact that God (think about that) is actually God and in charge.

And since the above are facts, you do hate the Reformed. You probably need to stare at Romans 9:20 and a mirror.
I like that verse. Funny how it proves the opposite of what the reformed claim it does.
God is in charge. But he is not all controlling. There's a huge difference.
No, what I hate about the mistakes of the reformed is how they paint God as evil. That steals his glory instead of giving him glory.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you pray for God to do what you don't believe is God's will. If calvinists are correct, your prayers are of no use, because God has already irresistibly chosen a few for salvation and the rest for damnation.

Youse guise have ways of twisting what others say, don't you? If God is not sovereign, why pray for Him to save your loved ones?

God uses means to accomplish His will. Our prayers are one of those means. :)

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like that verse. Funny how it proves the opposite of what the reformed claim it does.
God is in charge. But he is not all controlling. There's a huge difference.
No, what I hate about the mistakes of the reformed is how they paint God as evil. That steals his glory instead of giving him glory.

God is in control and is all-controlling, you just can not accept this at this time. If there is one rebel molecule that moves outside His will, then He can not be trusted. Paraphrasing Dr. R.C. Sproul

We don't paint God as evil, your side does. Your side avers the Christ atoned for everybody w/o exceptions sins. They are paid for, yet, in your schema, many who He atoned for will be cast headlong into the lake of fire, which is the second death. For Him to punish the sinners whose sins have been paid for would make Him evil. Yet, you can not accept this truth at this time. :(

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo