My Lord And Savior Is Not A "SISSIFIED NEEDY JESUS", But HE is a GOD of WRATH!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. God dealt with me for quite a while. I thought I had to make myself savable, but I couldn’t. I then said within myself I’ve done all I know to do and I’m still lost. I was at the end of my rope. It was then, after a few seconds of saying that, I felt Him all over me. I knew He had saved me, has revealed His Son in me. I was in a hospital lab when then took place and no one else knew.
Matthew 11:25-30.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Feel?" I don't depend on feelings, yet many do. They think if they feel goosebumps it was the Holy Spirit. To base our beliefs on feelings is to follow our hearts which are deceitful and wicked. It is to be anthropocentric, not biblical or sound.

I'm good because the true Biblical Christ revealed himself to me, sought me, saved me. The eternal, uncreated, God. It is that we are to "know" the love of Christ, not "feel" it; Ephesians 3:19.

No. God dealt with me for quite a while. I thought I had to make myself savable, but I couldn’t. I then said within myself I’ve done all I know to do and I’m still lost. I was at the end of my rope. It was then, after a few seconds of saying that, I felt Him all over me. I knew He had saved me, has revealed His Son in me. I was in a hospital lab when then took place and no one else knew.
Just an observation but these two posts seem to contradict each other. And I’m not questioning whether your experience was real. I know that feeling as well.

Reactions: Willie T

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just an observation but these two posts seem to contradict each other. And I’m not questioning whether your experience was real. I know that feeling as well.
Everybody’s conversion is different. Trust me, since that day, May 24, 2007, I don’t base my salvation off of feelings, though I’ve felt His presence many times. I base my salvation off of His word.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Yes" it is a little bit laughable that they both typed out totally contradictory positions, right next to each other, yet they can't even see it.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't place my faith in that feeling at all. I love my brother SG, he knows I am generally straight forward. I would dare say he doesn't place his faith in that feeling, but in Christ, but that is up to him to elaborate, or not. I am very careful to not preach experiences nor subjective feelings. Perhaps SG will think this through.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't place my faith in that feeling at all. I love my brother SG, he knows I am generally straight forward. I would dare say he doesn't place his faith in that feeling, but in Christ, but that is up to him to elaborate, or not. I am very careful to not preach experiences nor subjective feelings. Perhaps SG will think this through.
As I said, I never base my salvation off of that feeling. Something you probably don’t know was the churches I went to preached the further in sin you went, the longer it takes you to get back. I was taught you had to go through a travail from nature to grace. I thought I had to make myself savable, as that was what I was taught. It was when I realized I’m still lost in spite of my best efforts, I laid it all down at His feet. I felt a load come off me like Graceless did in Pilgrim’s Progress.

But if I never have another feeling, I still know He saved me. When mom died out of the blue, I felt this peace all around me. He has blessed me to feel His presence numerous times, but I still go by His word, not those experiences.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everybody’s conversion is different. Trust me, since that day, May 24, 2007, I don’t base my salvation off of feelings, though I’ve felt His presence many times. I base my salvation off of His word.
Yet you also wrote:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where was it written that the woman "Just had to touch the hem of His garment to be healed?" Or did she "feel" that in her heart? Did the Centurion read that Jesus didn't need to come to his son.... or did he just recognize that within his heart? Why did Martha say that if Jesus had only been there, Lazarus wouldn't have died? Did she read that somewhere, or just feel it in her soul?
And we all know that the Bible is chock-full of many other incidents where people were filled with the presence of God, having never read a word...… they just suddenly FELT God.
Be very cautious in declaring we have to do as the Pharisees did, and only search for God in a book.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. There are many people, many people, here who have made up their own version of Christ outside of Scripture. Visions, hallucinations, someone said they were actually transported back to the crucifixion, but they don't accept the Scripture of Christ. They say Scripture is not important. Then they accuse us of turning Scripture into an idol instead of seeking to know Christ. It is sad, it is absurd, it is definitely not of God.
Do Calvinists ever have visions or they lack spiritual sight? Are they the blind leading the blind?

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trust me, I do NOT put my trust in my feelings. Many times I feel like I’m not saved, when I see the sin I contend with. I base my salvation off His word.

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Yes" it is a little bit laughable that they both typed out totally contradictory positions, right next to each other, yet they can't even see it.
I posted that partly because I don’t actually know what the Calvinistic stance on “feelings” from God is. But I am glad to hear of SGs experience’s as it shows that even when we don’t agree totally on our interpretations, God shines a light on another avenue of agreement.

Last edited:

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, I never base my salvation off of that feeling. Something you probably don’t know was the churches I went to preached the further in sin you went, the longer it takes you to get back. I was taught you had to go through a travail from nature to grace. I thought I had to make myself savable, as that was what I was taught. It was when I realized I’m still lost in spite of my best efforts, I laid it all down at His feet. I felt a load come off me like Graceless did in Pilgrim’s Progress.

But if I never have another feeling, I still know He saved me. When mom died out of the blue, I felt this peace all around me. He has blessed me to feel His presence numerous times, but I still go by His word, not those experiences.
Did this clear things up for you?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, so I believe you all have answered to the best of your ability how it is you know your the elect of God.

Now scripture says the kingdom of God doesn’t come in word but in power, what do you Gus believe this power Paul is referring to looks like?