My Lord And Savior Is Not A "SISSIFIED NEEDY JESUS", But HE is a GOD of WRATH!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said I could explain anything I just wanted to know how you guys know your the elect and once again I’ve received your answers

How do you used your free will correctly? How do you know for 100% certainty that your freely chose the wrong thing? This axe cuts both ways.

How do I know I am one of His elect? God revealed His Son in me on May, 24, 2007. :)

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See that’s what I’m trying to say is that you don’t know who I am, I don’t look to a man that’s been dead for over 500 years to tell me what I believe.
That's not remotely true. Your doctrine came from Charles Finney and Robert Sandeman, and you're totally unaware of it. That's where your decide yourself regenerate and into heaven teachings came from.

By the way, they've been dead quite a while now, and at least one of them attempted to recant his heresy.

The one we follow was dead, but now he lives forevermore. His teachings are our teachings, and you hate them. When you're presented with this God, your hatred grows. If I were you, I'd be repenting.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First post here on this forum. I did not read all 12 pages. I did some skimming.
My opinion on this matter: God is love
1 John 4:8
The entire passage found in 1 John 4:7-21 speaks of God's loving nature. Love is not merely an attribute of God, it who he is. God is not only loving, he is fundamentally love. God alone loves in the completeness and perfection of love.

So, we have to start there to understand God's emotions.
If we don't know that God is perfectly loving, more loving than we could ever be or imagine, we will read all the parts of the Bible about his anger wrong. Lots of people seem to want to make God mostly about his wrath. But his wrath is a necessary element of being a loving God. God could not fully hate the sin that corrupts us if he was less than fully loving.
No, Jesus isn't sissified or wimpy. But, being a gentle man is not being wimpy, it's the opposite. It takes real strength to be gentle and kind and loving. Anyone can be angry, in fact, it seems to be man's default emotion. Men get frustrated about not being able to fix everything in life and it comes out sideways as anger. Jesus doesn't have that problem. Not that he never got frustrated with people, but even when he did, he was still fully loving and still fully angry at the right things. As far as hell goes, yes, it's Biblical. But, it isn't God's will that anyone go to hell. Remember, that he created a perfect world for us and we messed it up. All the ones who choose sin over the love of Christ must be cast out in the end because they will not and can not live among those who adore Christ. You don't leave a rotten apple in with the solid apples or they will all start to rot.
Just some thoughts.
The angelic beings in Isa.6 did not say, love,love,love,they proclaimed HOLY HOLY HOLY.
God does not have emotions, He is God not a man.
You refer to Him as if He was a man and looks as if you despise the biblical God.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m trying to understand, what makes Calvin’s disciples sure they are elec
I can't say it applies to them all; but I suspect some of them never truly repented of their sins -- they just want to escape punishment. Calvinism provides a means by which they can believe they will be saved. If they actually repented of their sins and allowed their hearts to be circumcised, they would understand how God wants to forgive everyone who comes to repentance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow Helen, you ASSIGNED intent to me. You did not get that from what I said. I merely conveyed what SCRIPTURE says. The wages of sin is death. That is their just due. The punishment of our peace. That is Scripture so your beef is not with me here. Do you tell God He is harsh?

You have no idea how I DO weep and pray over people I know are lost. You have grossly assigned a position and intent to me I do not have.
Do you seriously think you care more about people than God does? Do you imagine you are more loving than He is? Do you imagine you are more forgiving than God, more willing to see sinners forgiven of their sins? How could that be?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not remotely true. Your doctrine came from Charles Finney and Robert Sandeman, and you're totally unaware of it. That's where your decide yourself regenerate and into heaven teachings came from.

By the way, they've been dead quite a while now, and at least one of them attempted to recant his heresy.

The one we follow was dead, but now he lives forevermore. His teachings are our teachings, and you hate them. When you're presented with this God, your hatred grows. If I were you, I'd be repenting.
Waiting on Him does not hate God. How can you say such an absurd thing? I fear much learning hath made thee mad.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The angelic beings in Isa.6 did not say, love,love,love,they proclaimed HOLY HOLY HOLY.
God does not have emotions, He is God not a man.
You refer to Him as if He was a man and looks as if you despise the biblical God.
One of the most egregious teachings of today is that God owes every person ever the chance to vote themselves into heaven, or not. If not, God is an unfair monster if he puts a soul in hell without doing so, which he most certainly does.

So they've become judges of God (Romans 9:20). They've created this god and have designated his attributes and criterion of what be must be like to be in their eyes "fair."

All of this stems from a faulty view of Scripture, sin, man, the fall, grace and God himself.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, one simple question and you all fall apart. I don’t understand how a question can be seen as hatred or an argument so here it is once more if you all can here me up there

How do you all know you’re the elect!!

Reactions: Willie T

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nor the actual Christ.
Exactly. There are many people, many people, here who have made up their own version of Christ outside of Scripture. Visions, hallucinations, someone said they were actually transported back to the crucifixion, but they don't accept the Scripture of Christ. They say Scripture is not important. Then they accuse us of turning Scripture into an idol instead of seeking to know Christ. It is sad, it is absurd, it is definitely not of God.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you seriously think you care more about people than God does? Do you imagine you are more loving than He is? Do you imagine you are more forgiving than God, more willing to see sinners forgiven of their sins? How could that be?
How on earth do you get that from anything I have said? I NEVER said that. Never claimed that. Never even implied that.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you used your free will correctly? How do you know for 100% certainty that your freely chose the wrong thing? This axe cuts both ways.

How do I know I am one of His elect? God revealed His Son in me on May, 24, 2007. :)
Fair enough, Though kinda a vague answer.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Never heard of these men.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, not really sure what you mean by He revealed His Son in you? Is this something I could have Witnessed if I’d been standing next to you?
No. God dealt with me for quite a while. I thought I had to make myself savable, but I couldn’t. I then said within myself I’ve done all I know to do and I’m still lost. I was at the end of my rope. It was then, after a few seconds of saying that, I felt Him all over me. I knew He had saved me, has revealed His Son in me. I was in a hospital lab when then took place and no one else knew.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe I could follow the teachings of a man who threatened death to those who did not agree with his theology.... and then made sure they were killed when he could do it.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. There are many people, many people, here who have made up their own version of Christ outside of Scripture. Visions, hallucinations, someone said they were actually transported back to the crucifixion, but they don't accept the Scripture of Christ. They say Scripture is not important. Then they accuse us of turning Scripture into an idol instead of seeking to know Christ. It is sad, it is absurd, it is definitely not of God.

Correct, it is not of God, they are thoroughly deceived. Yes I know who you mean, there are a couple of people on here notorious for their personal divinations and practice of witchcraft, New Age, mysticism.

It all goes back to not enduring sound doctrine. The judgment for that is the false teachers sent, which are here on this forum. They teach themselves contrary to 2 Corinthians 4:5, and teach their myths and fables. They have their small following here, foolish people who give likes to all their lies and follow them around like they're on a leash. When you read their posts, they are so full of themselves, so spiritually superior to all, it's literally sickening.