My sister is in the hospital

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was wondering how my sisters heart valve got enlarged then I realized she recently had COVID-19. She has had like 3 booster shots which worries me and my father. We both had the two initial vaccinations but knew better than to get booster shots, but she is in an assisted care facility and is scheduled all these vaccines and such.

Anyways I read up on the COVID-19 and some of the effects it has on hearts of some patients.

From the article: What COVID-19 is doing to the heart, even after recovery

A growing number of studies suggest many COVID-19 survivors experience some type of heart damage, even if they didn't have underlying heart disease and weren't sick enough to be hospitalized. This latest twist has health care experts worried about a potential increase in heart failure.

"Very early into the pandemic, it was clear that many patients who were hospitalized were showing evidence of cardiac injury," said Dr. Gregg Fonarow, chief of the division of cardiology at the University of California, Los Angeles. "More recently, there is recognition that even some of those COVID-19 patients not hospitalized are experiencing cardiac injury. This raises concerns that there may be individuals who get through the initial infection, but are left with cardiovascular damage and complications."

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was wondering how my sisters heart valve got enlarged then I realized she recently had COVID-19. She has had like 3 booster shots which worries me and my father. We both had the two initial vaccinations but knew better than to get booster shots, but she is in an assisted care facility and is scheduled all these vaccines and such.

Anyways I read up on the COVID-19 and some of the effects it has on hearts of some patients.

From the article: What COVID-19 is doing to the heart, even after recovery

A growing number of studies suggest many COVID-19 survivors experience some type of heart damage, even if they didn't have underlying heart disease and weren't sick enough to be hospitalized. This latest twist has health care experts worried about a potential increase in heart failure.

"Very early into the pandemic, it was clear that many patients who were hospitalized were showing evidence of cardiac injury," said Dr. Gregg Fonarow, chief of the division of cardiology at the University of California, Los Angeles. "More recently, there is recognition that even some of those COVID-19 patients not hospitalized are experiencing cardiac injury. This raises concerns that there may be individuals who get through the initial infection, but are left with cardiovascular damage and complications."
watch this too . Its not just covid causing long term problems , its them vaccines too . Lets keep the sister and all in prayer as well .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
watch this too . Its not just covid causing long term problems , its them vaccines too . Lets keep the sister and all in prayer as well .
Amigo, I was more concerned about the actual virus having caused some heart problems since she tested positive for that, not so much the vaccine, although the vaccine was one of my concerns, it wasn't the more likely cause of a heart valve inflammation. Not that I like the idea of her getting forced to have 3 booster shots.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Devin,
It states that the article is over two years old, so this would have been linked to the original covid virus, it’s mutated since then and become a weaker virus. People develop Heart problems, long before covid was part of the equation. It’s not unusual xx

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Devin,
It states that the article is over two years old, so this would have been linked to the original covid virus, it’s mutated since then and become a weaker virus. People develop Heart problems, long before covid was part of the equation. It’s not unusual xx
Looks like it's still a problem and several newer articles this year indicate that studies show that COVID-19 even mild cases can cause heart problems,

Heart-disease risk soars after COVID — even with a mild case
https://www.pennmedicine.org/update...-blog/2020/june/coronavirus-and-heart-disease

In the article dated July 7, 2022 it states:

Finally, the muddied coronavirus waters are getting a little less murky — and revealing that the heart plays a major role in how COVID-19 affects people.

“When patients come in with something that seems non-COVID-related like a stroke or heart attack, we now know we should still be thinking of COVID as a player,” says Penn Medicine cardiologist Helene Glassberg, MD. “It’s important that we think in both directions. Don't miss a non-COVID diagnosis, but don't forget COVID when you're looking at something that doesn't look like it.”

Dr. Glassberg explains what we now know about the connection between heart disease and COVID-19.

How COVID-19 Affects the Heart​

First came the studies out of Wuhan, China. One in March 2020 reported that 27.8 percent of hospitalized COVID-19 patients suffered heart damage. Some had preexisting heart problems, others didn’t. More research out of Europe and the U.S. has continued to shine a spotlight on the many ways COVID-19 affects the heart:

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but that doesn’t mean that every single person who develops heart problems can put it down to covid. Also , does it really matter in the scheme of things with your sister. Regardless of the cause you cannot change the issue.
She has a heart condition, that’s now a fact, so now you need to concentrate on the reality that it’s been detected and is being sorted out. Covid as a virus is out of our control, we either catch it or we don’t ,it’s here to stay for the time being. I have had it twice, how it impacts my body is kind of out of my control.
Sometimes it’s a good thing to look and play the blame game but sometimes it can be a negative thing to do because you simply can’t prove anything, and why is it so important to have that answer ? ( just curious )

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but that doesn’t mean that every single person who develops heart problems can put it down to covid. Also , does it really matter in the scheme of things with your sister. Regardless of the cause you cannot change the issue.
She has a heart condition, that’s now a fact, so now you need to concentrate on the reality that it’s been detected and is being sorted out. Covid as a virus is out of our control, we either catch it or we don’t ,it’s here to stay for the time being. I have had it twice, how it impacts my body is kind of out of my control.
Sometimes it’s a good thing to look and play the blame game but sometimes it can be a negative thing to do because you simply can’t prove anything, and why is it so important to have that answer ? ( just curious )
Not necessarily. If it is COVID related the cardiologist should be aware of that and might approach it differently. Not sure, but the cardio article I pointed out said they approach the cases from a COVID perspective in all cases to be sure. So if asked she needs to tell them she tested positive for it some months ago. She doesn't like to admit that :(

Last edited:

Holy999

Feb 18, 2020
stockholm
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
My sister was complaining of chest pain and went to the doctors. Apparently she was admitted to the hospital and has been there since yesterday. I'm not sure what her condition is. I'm waiting for news. Please say a prayer for her. I was planning on visiting with her on Tuesday for our weekly visit.

Thanks,

Devin
give her support !!!!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On second thought, rather than trying to get my sister to confess to having COVID to the doctor, maybe I should just make sure she books her appointment. I'm sure the doctor will suspect COVID and check for that already.