Native Pow Wow, should Christians participate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theeblackestblu

Sep 4, 2022
california
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a native. And what you felt IF you attended any of our ceremonies , which I don't believe that you did, what you felt was the great spirit calling out of you what is deep seeded inside.
You're a ''new Member'' and enter this thread to slur native people's tradition?
Riiiiiight.
You're false. And God is watching.
I have heard testimonies from Native Canadians saved by Jesus crying tears of joy to be free from those tribal spiritual systems. I love Native folk, I've known many. Down to earth and honest people. Learn so much from them. The point is, Should Chrisitans be participating in the rituals of other cultures that the bible(You know God's word) says don't do. The only thing deep seeded inside of me is SIN and I need Jesus's perfect sacrifice on the cross to take the wrath I deserve and cleanse me from sin. His grace is sufficient and God is worthy of all glory, honor and praise. Only by accepting his invitation to salvation and his grace can set me free from the evil in this earth.. Jesus is the Lord.. Everyone has there own conviction between them and God and as long as they dont balantly God against his word. It's no problem. Tell me... are you involved in native things you grew up with? Are you a chrisitan now? Have you mixed the two? Tell me something about yourself.. you can dm me if you would like. Because I don't want to over take the thread from its original purpose any more. Godbless you.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I remember on TV, Walker the Texas Ranger ! had a Tent that they went into with his side kick Trivtte. Trivtti came out of it like a stunned mullet and was explaining to CD at the pub his experience ! and good old CD came out with the best comeback ever, of his experience in one, such just floored poor Trivett. you should of seen Trivet's eyes ! :dusted:

Reactions: shortangel

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some red indian customs certainly raise eyebrows, for example some tribes used to sling frail old people out of the tribe to die alone because they were regarded as useless mouths to feed.
These scenes in 'A Man Called Horse' touched on it, but luckily this old bird had Richard Harris to rescue her, telling her "I'll be your son"..:)

Man-horse2.jpg

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the Sanhedrin he did.

Nothing new. Men called Jesus a malefactor, and said he had a Devil in Him.

Nothing new. Men make false claims about me all the time ON THIS FORUM...

And men scoffed at Jesus when Jesus made true claims.

Nothing new. Men scoff at me about true claims I make.

Nothing new...Jesus warned us...If you’re going to be LIKE HIM...BE WITH Him...you will get TREATED LIKE HIM!...by men who are NOT LIKE Him or WITH Him.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Triumph1300

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Nothing new...Jesus warned us...If you’re going to be LIKE HIM...BE WITH Him...you will get TREATED LIKE HIM!...by men who are NOT LIKE Him or WITH Him.

Glory to God,
Taken

“There is nothing new under the sun.”

(Ecclesiastes 1:9)

I’d be willing to bet you knew that.

Reactions: Taken

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Glory to God,
Taken
Jesus healed people on the Sabbath and the Sanhedrin called it a sin and wanted him punished.
Healing people! "Kill him!''

Jesus said the son of man had the power to forgive sins. Jesus said he was Messiah.
''Kill him!''
And they did.
Then they asked God's curse upon their future and the heads of their children.

And he did.

Being all that is ''on the record'', you'd think people would pay attention when blaspheming the holy spirit that was fully man and fully God in Jesus the Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:14
Helps to buffer the surprise blasphemers spring on us in threads like this. Don't you find?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus healed people on the Sabbath and the Sanhedrin called it a sin and wanted him punished.
Healing people! "Kill him!''

Jesus said the son of man had the power to forgive sins. Jesus said he was Messiah.
''Kill him!''
And they did.
Then they asked God's curse upon their future and the heads of their children.

And he did.

Being all that is ''on the record'', you'd think people would pay attention when blaspheming the holy spirit that was fully man and fully God in Jesus the Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:14
Helps to buffer the surprise blasphemers spring on us in threads like this. Don't you find?

Yes.

I am shocked at the number of people who DO NOT KNOW...
Salvation is a Gift OFFERING, for Heartful Believers...It is GIVEN after bodily DEATH...
Duh...crucified with Christ!...you ARE saved.
Duh...didn’t convert...Believe on the day you die, you SHALL be saved.
Duh...End day Tribulation...Believe and killed ..Dead, then saved.

And Preaching they can RECEIVE salvation and then lose it?
How does a dead person lose their salvation? Not one case in Scripture.
:rolleyes:

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yes.

I am shocked at the number of people who DO NOT KNOW...
Salvation is a Gift OFFERING, for Heartful Believers...It is GIVEN after bodily DEATH...
Duh...crucified with Christ!...you ARE saved.
Duh...didn’t convert...Believe on the day you die, you SHALL be saved.
Duh...End day Tribulation...Believe and killed ..Dead, then saved.

And Preaching they can RECEIVE salvation and then lose it?
How does a dead person lose their salvation? Not one case in Scripture.
:rolleyes:
I just posted this to Behold in the Born Again thread.
Whaddya ya think?
@Behold

With so many members insisting Christians are still sinners [given what that means] who still sin, have you ever wondered why they'd also argue Christians can become damned to the second death?

It's tantamount to their saying salvation itself for all that means is a lie. This so too is the gospel.

Maybe that's what we're engaging in these threads. Only they're cloaking making such a blunt statement with the aforementioned arguments.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just posted this to Behold in the Born Again thread.
Whaddya ya think?

I think using the terms...Christian, Believer, Follower are misnomers to IMPLY Saved, but those terms DO NOT MEAN SAVED.

Judas was a follower....and BETRAYED Jesus.
Peter was a believer....and DENIED Jesus.
Thomas was a follower...and DOUBTED Jesus.

Doubters, Deniers, Betrayers, are not SAVED.

There are “Christians...Believers” on this forum who are all over the place...trying to Obey Jewish Laws...trying to do works to get saved...asking God to forgive them for murders, but then lie in court, cheating, stealing FROM MEN, but do not fess up to the one they cheated or stole from and repay them.

On numerous Sundays you can observe in Christian Churches, people going forward to an Altar Call.......BEFORE THE Altar call...
Were they following, believing, attending a Christian Church...?
Calling themselves “A CHRISTIAN”....and other people calling them “A CHRISTIAN” ?

You can read the testimonies of men...raised in church...use to believe...Not sure now...or flat out don’t belief...
Even some will claim, Baptized (speaking of water baptism).
* They were neither Baptized by the Lamb of God or Saved.

Jesus expressly called men IN Christ ... Converted (IN Christ).
78 times in the New Testament, “IN Christ” is mentioned.
Nearly a dozen times, convert/converted/conversion is mentioned.

There WILL be Believers in the last days Trib......BECAUSE they didn’t convert....then killed and their soul saved.

There WILL be men who BECOME Believers in the last days Trib...and Convert...then killed and their soul saved.

My preference is; Converted IN Christ....no guessing, is precise.

Glory to God,
Taken

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I think using the terms...Christian, Believer, Follower are misnomers to IMPLY Saved, but those terms DO NOT MEAN SAVED.

Judas was a follower....and BETRAYED Jesus.
Peter was a believer....and DENIED Jesus.
Thomas was a follower...and DOUBTED Jesus.

Doubters, Deniers, Betrayers, are not SAVED.

There are “Christians...Believers” on this forum who are all over the place...trying to Obey Jewish Laws...trying to do works to get saved...asking God to forgive them for murders, but then lie in court, cheating, stealing FROM MEN, but do not fess up to the one they cheated or stole from and repay them.

On numerous Sundays you can observe in Christian Churches, people going forward to an Altar Call.......BEFORE THE Altar call...
Were they following, believing, attending a Christian Church...?
Calling themselves “A CHRISTIAN”....and other people calling them “A CHRISTIAN” ?

You can read the testimonies of men...raised in church...use to believe...Not sure now...or flat out don’t belief...
Even some will claim, Baptized (speaking of water baptism).
* They were neither Baptized by the Lamb of God or Saved.

Jesus expressly called men IN Christ ... Converted (IN Christ).
78 times in the New Testament, “IN Christ” is mentioned.
Nearly a dozen times, convert/converted/conversion is mentioned.

There WILL be Believers in the last days Trib......BECAUSE they didn’t convert....then killed and their soul saved.

There WILL be men who BECOME Believers in the last days Trib...and Convert...then killed and their soul saved.

My preference is; Converted IN Christ....no guessing, is precise.

Glory to God,
Taken
Peter and Thomas were not saved?

And Jesus forgave everyone responsible for his crucifixion from the cross.
''Father forgive them they know not what they do.''

Judas didn't know the Sanhedrin would push for Jesus execution.
His guilt is what led to his suicide.

If not for everyone involved in killing Jesus how would Jesus redeem us from our sins?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter and Thomas were not saved?

In context. Peter was following, believed, denied Jesus. Thomas was following, doubted Jesus........LATER they became Converted/Saved.

Point being......follower, believers, CAN DENY, CAN DOUBT...ie SIN.
Converted can Not deny, Not doubt, Not sin.

And Jesus forgave everyone responsible for his crucifixion from the cross.
''Father forgive them they know not what they do.''

True Jesus Forgave. Being forgive does not MEAN Converted/Saved.

Judas didn't know the Sanhedrin would push for Jesus execution.
His guilt is what led to his suicide.

I’m sure he had an uh oh moment.

If not for everyone involved in killing Jesus how would Jesus redeem us from our sins?

Jesus came to give his body unto death. They tried a few times to stone Him in the streets....However His Death was intended to be a BIG event witnessed by many...(so many would see Him walking around a few days later.)

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
In context. Peter was following, believed, denied Jesus. Thomas was following, doubted Jesus........LATER they became Converted/Saved.

Point being......follower, believers, CAN DENY, CAN DOUBT...ie SIN.
Converted can Not deny, Not doubt, Not sin.

True Jesus Forgave. Being forgive does not MEAN Converted/Saved.

I’m sure he had an uh oh moment.

Jesus came to give his body unto death. They tried a few times to stone Him in the streets....However His Death was intended to be a BIG event witnessed by many...(so many would see Him walking around a few days later.)
Jesus said no one comes to him unless the father calls them. Saved by grace through faith.
Jesus called every last one of his disciples.
I believe they were saved in that moment. And were indwelt at Pentecost.

I also disagree Christians can't fall out of faith,etc...They can and do.
However, if God knew them before the foundation of the world they are eternally irrevocably in his grace. And they can and do repent and return home to the father.

I think the parable of the prodigal informs of this.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's Pow Wow time in North America.
Should Christians be involved in Pow Wow's ?
Is it beneficial in some way to be involved?
What harm does it do, if none, what good will it do?
How does the Lord look upon Pow Wow's, anything the Bible has to say about such events?

powwow | Definition, History, & Facts
Absolutely--Go!

That is “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature."

By the power of God, we walk in this temporary darkness. "Let your light shine!"

Reactions: Triumph1300

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about the use of sweat lodges and spiritual drumming.
Should Christians participate?
I understand that's included at Pow Wows, correct me if i am wrong.
Yes...

Ask them why they do these things, and be prepared to answer how God has answered their toil and cry.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said no one comes to him unless the father calls them. Saved by grace through faith.
Jesus called every last one of his disciples.

I believe they were saved in that moment.

Disagree. Many are called, few are chosen.
Meaning calling does not save you.

And were indwelt at Pentecost.

Yes.

I also disagree Christians can't fall out of faith,etc...They can and do.

You are disagreeing with something I never said.
Christians CAN fall from faith, fall from belief, fall from being with God.
The Converted can NEVER fall away, from faith, belief, or being with God.

However, if God knew them before the foundation of the world they are eternally irrevocably in his grace. And they can and do repent and return home to the father.

I think the parable of the prodigal informs of this.

Calling, Choosing, is a funky thing.
It involves, an unseen Spirit...
And
A physically human flesh man...

And the intent is to STRIKE a bargain, an agreement, that BOTH the unseen Spirit and physical human flesh man AGREE TO THE TERMS.

And.....the TERMS is set BY the unseen Spirit, WHO initiates the OFFER to engage in a one on one Agreement.

Not much different for example HOW a BANK does business...
Solicit...call, advertise, text, letter....present Offer & their Terms...
^^ a Calling.

The PERSON, can hear, read, review, consider, ponder, inquire, contact, discuss, reject, ignore.
^ ^ a Lull between a CALLING and a CHOOSING. Learning ABOUT, all terms and requirements.

The CHOOSING.....
The Bank CHOSE to initiate CONTACT (the calling).
So the Persons CHOOSES they would LIKE the OFFERING.

THE FINE PRINT...DETAILS...
The Bank OFFERING...requires for example;
They can/will DO a personal evaluation to Decide IF they will Honor the Offering your received....and Have OPTION to decline...and NOT CHOOSE to give the Offering to you.
They can collect personal information from you and distribute/sell, trade, give Your information to others, They choose. They can require any Payor to skip paying you and pay directly to your Bank. They promise They will KEEP your money...(safely in their Control!) They can Freeze your money and keep you from having access to Your money. They can LOAN you money multiple times to whom they choose. Etc.

With God......MANY are Called.....Few are chosen.
The Called are not “automatic” anything.
The Chosen....IS both... Gods choice to choose you After you have been Called.
The Chosen....IS both... Also the mans choice to choose God after you have been called......and even after you have call God.

The Calling, in simplicity IS MAKING one AWARE of a choice you can make, regarding God. And How you become AWARE is by, through, of Numerous avenues.

In some respects some people seem to think, they need to hear the voice of God speaking to them “to be called”, when that is not the case.

Just saying, Offering and choosing and agreeing applies to both God and A man...to accomplish A true relationship between God and that one man. And ONCE the agreement IS complete, It’s is forever.