Nero is NOT the Beast or 666

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of revelation gives instructions to measure the temple in Jerusalem. It was destroyed in 70 AD. So that puts Pompeii as possibly Babylon.
(Jerusalem) Is The Whore, Mystery Babylon The Great Of Revelation Chapter 17

The Levitical High Priest & Dressing represents "The Woman", that is dressed in purple, scarlet, gold, and precious stones as seen below

(Revelation) 17:4KJV
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Yes, The Levitical High Priest, Dressed In Purple, Scarlet, Gold, And Precious Stones

(Exodus) 28:15-20KJV
15 And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.
16 Foursquare it shall be being doubled; a span shall be the length thereof, and a span shall be the breadth thereof.
17 And thou shalt set in it settings of stones, even four rows of stones: the first row shall be a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this shall be the first row.
18 And the second row shall be an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond.
19 And the third row a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.
20 And the fourth row a beryl, and an onyx, and a jasper: they shall be set in gold in their inclosings.

(Jerusalem) is the seven hilled city, where the woman sits, not Rome as many falsely claim.

(Revelation) 17:9KJV
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills - Wikipedia
Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

The Roman Empire didnt exist to be guilty of the Prophets blood seen below, Jerusalem did.

(Revelation) 18:24KJV
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

(Matthew) 23:29-37KJV
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Reactions: dev553344

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I believe that Nero was the figure head of the beast. Why would John tell seven first century churches to use wisdom to know the number of the beast if the beast was thousands of years in the distant future?
Nero committed suicide, Jesus Christ will destroy the (Man Of Sin/The Beast) with the brightness of his coming as seen below, a future event unfulfilled

Back to the drawing board Marty, Preterism in 66-70AD fulfillment is a farce

2 Thessalonians 2:3-9KJV
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nero committed suicide, Jesus Christ will destroy the (Man Of Sin/The Beast) with the brightness of his coming as seen below, a future event unfulfilled

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Jesus did judge Nero just like he threatened to judge in the verses below

Revelation 2:15-16
15 Likewise, you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. 16 Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Not everything Jesus said is literal

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did judge Nero just like he threatened to judge in the verses below

Revelation 2:15-16
15 Likewise, you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. 16 Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Not everything Jesus said is literal
(The Preterist Motto)

If it dosent fit 66-70AD fulfillment, change it with symbolic allegory, fake it till ya make it

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Nero was the one who exiled John to the island of Patmos where he was imprisoned along with other apostles...so in order for John to be exiled by Nero then it is clear he wrote it between 60-65...John himself says he is under tribulation like his fellow brethren..and during this time he received his revelation..
Revelation 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁹ I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
¹⁰ I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

In 68 AD, after a turbulent 13-year reign, the Roman senate ran out of patience and declared Nero a public enemy. Nero then fled, and on June 9, 68 AD, at the age of 30, he committed suicide.
Yeah that makes sense too. I didn't know that but there it is in Revelation.

Reactions: APAK

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some say that man of sin was Nero.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some say that man of sin was Nero.
Preterism in 66-70AD fulfillment is a fairy tale, Paul's (man of sin) and John's (the beast) is future unfulfilled

The book of Revelation was written in 95-96 AD, long after Neros death and claims of 66-70AD fulfillment, Emperor Domitian sentenced John to prison on Patmos and his reign was 81-96AD

When Was the Book of Revelation Written?

By Wayne Jackson

Traditionally, the book of Revelation has been dated near the end of the first century, around A.D. 96. Some writers, however, have advanced the preterist (from a Latin word meaning “that which is past”) view, contending that the Apocalypse was penned around A.D. 68 or 69, and thus the thrust of the book is supposed to relate to the impending destruction of Jerusalem (A.D. 70).

A few prominent names have been associated with this position (e.g., Stuart, Schaff, Lightfoot, Foy E. Wallace Jr.), and for a brief time it was popular with certain scholars. James Orr has observed, however, that recent criticism has reverted to the traditional date of near A.D. 96 (1939, 2584). In fact, the evidence for the later date is extremely strong.

In view of some of the bizarre theories that have surfaced in recent times (e.g., the notion that all end-time prophecies were fulfilled with the fall of Jerusalem in A.D. 70), which are dependent upon the preterist interpretation, we offer the following.

External Evidence
The external evidence for the late dating of Revelation is of the highest quality.

Irenaeus
Irenaeus (A.D. 180), a student of Polycarp (who was a disciple of the apostle John), wrote that the apocalyptic vision “was seen not very long ago, almost in our own generation, at the close of the reign of Domitian” (Against Heresies 30). The testimony of Irenaeus, not far removed from the apostolic age, is first rate. He places the book near the end of Domitian’s reign, and that ruler died in A.D. 96. Irenaeus seems to be unaware of any other view for the date of the book of Revelation.

Clement of Alexandria
Clement of Alexandria (A.D. 155-215) says that John returned from the isle of Patmos “after the tyrant was dead” (Who Is the Rich Man? 42), and Eusebius, known as the “Father of Church History,” identifies the “tyrant” as Domitian (Ecclesiastical History III.23).

Even Moses Stuart, America’s most prominent preterist, admitted that the “tyrant here meant is probably Domitian.” Within this narrative, Clement further speaks of John as an “old man.” If Revelation was written prior to A.D. 70, it would scarcely seem appropriate to refer to John as an old man, since he would only have been in his early sixties at this time.

Victorinus
Victorinus (late third century), author of the earliest commentary on the book of Revelation, wrote:

When John said these things, he was in the island of Patmos, condemned to the mines by Caesar Domitian. There he saw the Apocalypse; and when at length grown old, he thought that he should receive his release by suffering; but Domitian being killed, he was liberated (Commentary on Revelation 10:11).

Jerome
Jerome (A.D. 340-420) said,

In the fourteenth then after Nero, Domitian having raised up a second persecution, he [John] was banished to the island of Patmos, and wrote the Apocalypse (Lives of Illustrious Men 9).

To all of this may be added the comment of Eusebius, who contends that the historical tradition of his time (A.D. 324) placed the writing of the Apocalypse at the close of Domitian’s reign (III.18). McClintock and Strong, in contending for the later date, declare that “there is no mention in any writer of the first three centuries of any other time or place” (1969, 1064). Upon the basis of external evidence, therefore, there is little contest between the earlier and later dates.

Internal Evidence
The contents of the book of Revelation also suggest a late date, as the following observations indicate.

The spiritual conditions of the churches described in Revelation chapters two and three more readily harmonize with the late date.

The church in Ephesus, for instance, was not founded by Paul until the latter part of Claudius’s reign: and when he wrote to them from Rome, A.D. 61, instead of reproving them for any want of love, he commends their love and faith (Eph. 1:15) (Horne 1841, 382).

Yet, when Revelation was written, in spite of the fact that the Ephesians had been patient (2:2), they had also left their first love (v. 4), and this would seem to require a greater length of time than seven or eight years, as suggested by the early date.

Another internal evidence of a late date is that this book was penned while John was banished to Patmos (1:9). It is well known that Domitian had a fondness for this type of persecution. If, however, this persecution is dated in the time of Nero, how does one account for the fact that Peter and Paul are murdered, yet John is only exiled to an island? (Eusebius III.18; II.25).

Then consider this fact. The church at Laodicea is represented as existing under conditions of great wealth. She was rich and had need of nothing (3:17). In A.D. 60, though, Laodicea had been almost entirely destroyed by an earthquake. Surely it would have required more than eight or nine years for that city to have risen again to the state of affluence described in Revelation.

The doctrinal departures described in Revelation would appear to better fit the later dating. For example, the Nicolaitans (2:6, 15) were a full-fledged sect at the time of John’s writing, whereas they had only been hinted at in general terms in 2 Peter and Jude, which were written possibly around A.D. 65-66.

Persecution for professing the Christian faith is evidenced in those early letters to the seven churches of Asia Minor. For instance, Antipas had been killed in Pergamum (2:13). It is generally agreed among scholars, however, that Nero’s persecution was mostly confined to Rome; further, it was not for religious reasons (Harrison 1964, 446).

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So some on here are saying that Nero was the beast and that the number of the beast has come to pass already, if I'm understanding correctly from some of the posts I've read on here?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So some on here are saying that Nero was the beast and that the number of the beast has come to pass already, if I'm understanding correctly from some of the posts I've read on here?
Yes that's correct. The book of revelation was written somewhere around 66AD clearly. The other date of 98AD is strange as John would have been 120+-years old then.

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of revelation gives instructions to measure the temple in Jerusalem.

I doubt it devin.

The proof is in the Polycarp paper.

But I have ways to know it without that proof.

I don't think it's talking about the temple of the Old Time Jews, back in the day.

(Destroy that temple, and He will raise it up in three days.)

We are the inner court, the lost are on the outside.

The outer court is given over to the nations.

Do not measure it.

They did not measure up.

The measuring rod that John is given is the Gospel message.

Who will measure up?

We are right against the wall of this thing, the 42 months.

The 1260 days.

The beast that ascendeth from the bottomless pit makes war on and kills the two witnesses.

Abaddon is making war on God's Word.

It's the judgment of the living at the end of time.

It has to be completed just before Jesus comes, because His reward is with Him.

Peaceful Sabbath.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that's correct. The book of revelation was written somewhere around 66AD clearly. The other date of 98AD is strange as John would have been 120+-years old then.
People lived longer in those days did they not? You have people mentioned in the Bible living over 400 hundred years.

The number of the beast and those that will bear it and the beast have yet to come isn’t that what’s prophesied in the Book of Revelation? Something that has not come to pass and that’s what we are waiting for, which I believe will be soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Nero was the one who exiled John to the island of Patmos where he was imprisoned along with other apostles...so in order for John to be exiled by Nero then it is clear he wrote it between 60-65...John himself says he is under tribulation like his fellow brethren..and during this time he received his revelation..
Revelation 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁹ I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
¹⁰ I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

In 68 AD, after a turbulent 13-year reign, the Roman senate ran out of patience and declared Nero a public enemy. Nero then fled, and on June 9, 68 AD, at the age of 30, he committed suicide.
Exactly, John was much more likely to be in tribulation by Rome in the 60s rather than in the 90s

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I believe that Nero was the figure head of the beast. Why would John tell seven first century churches to use wisdom to know the number of the beast if the beast was thousands of years in the distant future?
This is in context with the then 'large' Christian Body and audience. If it was only directed to a single Christian Body during John's time it had to be to these in Asia Minor. This must be the first direction one must inquiry before flinging the context out to a future date of a future Christian audience.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People lived longer in those days did they not? You have people mentioned in the Bible living over 400 hundred years.

The number of the beast and those that will bear it and the beast have yet to come isn’t that what’s prophesied in the Book of Revelation? Something that has not come to pass and that’s what we are waiting for, which I believe will be soon.
Correct and Santa’s coming soon also.

Reactions: APAK

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Me too fore sure.

I think it started yesterday and is happening now.

It's scary, or exciting, to be watching it in real time on the edge of my seat.

Antichrist is here, the composite beast has opened it's mouth.

I can hear it blaspheming God, and His dwelling place, and those who live in heaven.

Just waiting for him to be revealed.

And then for Jesus to appear and to destroy him with the breath of His mouth and the brightness of His coming.

Peaceful Sabbath.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me too fore sure.

I think it started yesterday and is happening now.

It's scary, or exciting, to be watching it in real time on the edge of my seat.

Antichrist is here, the composite beast has opened it's mouth.

I can hear it blaspheming God, and His dwelling place, and those who live in heaven.

Just waiting for him to be revealed.

And then for Jesus to appear and to destroy him with the breath of His mouth and the brightness of His coming.

Peaceful Sabbath.
I don’t understand people coming on a Christian forum making fun of prophecy, be gone, depart from me demon!

That means you!

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t understand people coming on a Christian forum making fun of prophecy, be gone, depart from me demon!

I wasn't making fun of prophecy.

I'm, serious.

When Jesus turned to the camera and said: "(Let The Reader Understand), He was talking about something that would be impossible for the listeners in the 1st century to comprehend.

Something the early church fathers would not, could not, expect.

1) The Netherlands (2000)
2) Belgium (2003)
3) Canada (2005)
4) Spain (2005)
5) South Africa (2006)
6) Norway (2009)
7) Sweden (2009)
8) Argentina (2010)
9) Iceland (2010)
10) Portugal (2010)
11) Denmark (2012)
12) Brazil (2013)
13) England and Wales (2013)
14) France (2013)
15) New Zealand (2013)
16) Uruguay (2013)
17) Luxembourg (2014)
18) Scotland (2014)
19) Finland: (signed 2015, effective 2017)
20) Ireland: (2015)
21) United States: (2015)<-------1290 days------->Sun/Moon.
21) United States: (2015)<-------1290 days------->EofW.

It's fun to know I'm not a demon.

(I didn't run away)

Or maybe your faith needs to be more than a mustard seed to cast me out?

There's always Apologetics of the Doctrines of Salvation if Apocalyptic Prophecy is not working out for you guys.

Peaceful Sabbath.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, John was much more likely to be in tribulation by Rome in the 60s rather than in the 90s
Right on, and he said he was in tribulation for the Word of God, and the testimony of Jesus Christ....and this lines up with the same time frame that Paul was imprisoned for the same thing.

This was when the apostles were being martyred for their teaching of the gospel. Paul died was martyred around 64 - 67 AD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty fox and APAK