Nero is NOT the Beast or 666

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@APAK I am not positive but I think most of the Apostles were martyred under Nero's command

Reactions: APAK

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Roman Tertullian is likewise a witness of this. He writes as follows: [538] "Examine your records. There you will find that Nero was the first that persecuted this doctrine, [539] particularly then when after subduing all the east, he exercised his cruelty against all at Rome. [540] We glory in having such a man the leader in our punishment. For whoever knows him can understand that nothing was condemned by Nero unless it was something of great excellence."

5. Thus publicly announcing himself as the first among God's chief enemies, he was led on to the slaughter of the apostles. It is, therefore, recorded that Paul was beheaded in Rome itself, [541] and that Peter likewise was crucified under Nero. [542] This account of Peter and Paul is substantiated by the fact that their names are preserved in the cemeteries of that place even to the present day.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continues:
it is confirmed likewise by Caius, [543] a member of the Church, [544] who arose [545] under Zephyrinus, [546] bishop of Rome. He, in a published disputation with Proclus, [547] the leader of the Phrygian heresy, [548] speaks as follows concerning the places where the sacred corpses of the aforesaid apostles are laid:

7. "But [549] I can show the trophies of the apostles. For if you will go to the Vatican [550] or to the Ostian way, [551] you will find the trophies of those who laid the foundations of this church." [552]

8. And that they both suffered martyrdom at the same time is stated by Dionysius, bishop of Corinth, [553] in his epistle to the Romans, [554] in the following words: "You have thus by such an admonition bound together the planting of Peter and of Paul at Rome and Corinth. For both of them planted and likewise taught us in our Corinth. [555] And they taught together in like manner in Italy, and suffered martyrdom at the same time." [556] I have quoted these things in order that the truth of the history might be still more confirmed.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So maybe Nero was indeed one of the first antichrist who had power over the people to invoke persecution against them for following the teaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Resounding YES!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that's correct. The book of revelation was written somewhere around 66AD clearly. The other date of 98AD is strange as John would have been 120+-years old then.
I strongly disagree with your claim the Revelation was written in 66AD as post #28 above clearly explains

Preterism in 66-70AD fulfillment in Nero as (The Beast) of Revelation that has come and gone is a fabricated fairy tale of man, that's my opinion

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So maybe Nero was indeed one of the first antichrist who had power over the people to invoke persecution against them for following the teaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
There is only one future man to fulfill the Beast of Revelation 13, and it wasn't Nero in 66-70AD

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
(The Preterist Motto)

If it dosent fit 66-70AD fulfillment, change it with symbolic allegory, fake it till ya make it

Well did Jesus use symbolically in the verse I provided?

Yes or was He actually going to strike someone with a literal sword coming out of His mouth?

Then I made perfect sense then didn’t I?

Jesus word is his weapon which is all powerful and saves or condemns

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People lived longer in those days did they not? You have people mentioned in the Bible living over 400 hundred years.

The number of the beast and those that will bear it and the beast have yet to come isn’t that what’s prophesied in the Book of Revelation? Something that has not come to pass and that’s what we are waiting for, which I believe will be soon.

No the old age ended with Noah

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The question that has never been answered to my knowledge is, who or what are the four winds of heaven? Why is it that the four winds of heaven can cause the sea of humanity to manifest their respective dominate characteristic, and do their will to achieve their purpose of hindering God's plan for mankind. Are they the beasts that are judged in heaven who are then kicked out of heaven, in our near future, down to the face of the earth where they are immediately grabbed by angels and imprisoned in the abyss for many days to await the time of their punishment, with their earthly agents, the kings of this world.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I read the Acts, I can see that the leaders of the Jews were continually nagging Roman officials to persecut the Christians of that era.

Reactions: APAK and Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I read the Acts, I can see that the leaders of the Jews were continually nagging Roman officials to persecut the Christians of that era.
Yep and it hasn't changed in all these years.... political leaders are easily swayed by the pressure of the people's voice.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 12:1-3 KJV
[1] Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. [2] And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. [3] And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.)