never date a heathen women

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It won't matter according to Paul.

This is stupid to fight over.

Either you believe what Paul wrote or not.

1 Corinthians 7:
12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him,

Your verse is not talking about a believer dating a unbeliever, or getting married to one.

Your verse is talking about IF YOU ARE MARRIED< .. and one of you becomes a Christian... Then in that case....

So, that is not Paul teaching you are to date or marry an unbeliever.
You are never to do that.... but you can help them find salvation, and if that happens, then you would not be "unequally yoked" if you married them... AFTER they became born again.

Reactions: The Learner

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t need someone telling me who I can or can’t marry, @Behold. It seems though you are trying to justify a claim that isn’t a law or anything…

“And concerning the things of which ye wrote to me: good [it is] for a man not to touch a woman, and because of the whoredom let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her proper husband; to the wife let the husband the due benevolence render, and in like manner also the wife to the husband; the wife over her own body hath not authority, but the husband; and, in like manner also, the husband over his own body hath not authority, but the wife. Defraud not one another, except by consent for a time, that ye may be free for fasting and prayer, and again may come together, that the Adversary may not tempt you because of your incontinence; and this I say by way of concurrence — not of command, for I wish all men to be even as I myself [am]; but each his own gift hath of God, one indeed thus, and one thus. And I say to the unmarried and to the widows: it is good for them if they may remain even as I [am]; and if they have not continence — let them marry, for it is better to marry than to burn; and to the married I announce — not I, but the Lord — let not a wife separate from a husband: but and if she may separate, let her remain unmarried, or to the husband let her be reconciled, and let not a husband send away a wife. And to the rest I speak — not the Lord — if any brother hath a wife unbelieving, and she is pleased to dwell with him, let him not send her away; and a woman who hath a husband unbelieving, and he is pleased to dwell with her, let her not send him away; for the unbelieving husband hath been sanctified in the wife, and the unbelieving wife hath been sanctified in the husband; otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭7:1-14‬ ‭YLT98‬‬
1 Corinthians 7:13 and a woman who hath a husband unbelieving, and he is pleased to dwell with her, let her not send him away | Young's Literal Translation 1898 (YLT98) | Download The Bible App Now

If you don’t believe what Paul is writing about here which is his take on an believer being with an unbeliever just say that you don’t agree with Paul and he is wrong.

Thank you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unequally yoked with unbelievers?

What does that mean?

When someone comes to you and tells you they wanna kill someone? (Whatever scenario you would like to use) How do weigh the the scales rightly? Wouldn’t you try to share light with them by getting to know what is going on what is the problem along with also a warning to the police?

People seems to get to a point where they are so righteous they don’t need to even associate with unbelievers as though they are beneath them. Already believers are easier to work with, so thus this happens.

Jesus tells us to love God and to love others. Either we do that having peace, mercy, kindness, forbearance, long suffering, and faithfulness in Christ and to our fellow human neighbor or … we just flip the bird and say f you get out my face????

Flesh or spirit your choice.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Unequally yoked with unbelievers?

What does that mean?

When someone comes to you and tells you they wanna kill someone? (Whatever scenario you would like to use) How do weigh the the scales rightly? Wouldn’t you try to share light with them by getting to know what is going on what is the problem along with also a warning to the police?

People seems to get to a point where they are so righteous they don’t need to even associate with unbelievers as though they are beneath them. Already believers are easier to work with, so thus this happens.

Jesus tells us to love God and to love others. Either we do that having peace, mercy, kindness, forbearance, long suffering, and faithfulness in Christ and to our fellow human neighbor or … we just flip the bird and say f you get out my face????

Flesh or spirit your choice.
unequally-yoked.jpg

Do you understand the principle?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Take Genesis 27:46 as an example

Whether OT or NT the principle remains the same!

Question

Look behind Rebeccas word to understand they way her mind worked!

"If Jacob take a wife of the daughters of Heth, such as these which are of the daughters of the land, what good shall my life do me?"

Her concern was deeper in regard to Jacob (loved) than in regard to Esau (less loved), and now, because the family blessing had been conferred upon Jacob, Isaac shared this concern. In such circumstances, a wise marriage is most important. A wife must be obtained who understands the principles of the blessing and of the Abrahamic covenant.

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers," commanded Paul (2 Corinthians 6:14), and the patriarchs followed out that principle. It was such a marriage, as Rebekah now feared, that brought tragedy in its train just prior to the Flood (Genesis 6:1-5). Now that the blessing had been confirmed upon Jacob, it was imperative that he follow out its requirements, in accordance to the will of Yahweh.

God does not change.

F2F