New Covenant only for Jews?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation 19:9KJV
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Amen!

Roman Catholicism falsely believes and teaches that it has the only magic in town

Equating the power of the Holy Spirit with 'magic' is offensive.

If Rome is your stumbling block, then come to the Feast with Alexandria, come with Constantinople.. but Come!

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let the hearer say, "Come." Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water.

Pax et Bonum

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, with the ignorance.
Try cracking open a BIBLE once in a while . . .

Rev.19:7-9
Let us rejoice and exult
and give him the glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
and his Bride has made herself ready;
8 it was granted her to clothe herself
with fine linen, bright and pure”—
for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.

9 And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.” 10 Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Sorry for butting in, @Philip James.
His nonsense was just too juicy to resist . . .
You have proved nothing, Phillip James was inviting posters to the Marriage Supper, depicting a picture of a Catholic Priest and their wafer god at a table seen below

This doesn't represent the Marriage Supper as he "Falsely Suggest"

Jesus Is The Lord

Quote Philip James Post #829 Below:

communion-host_155769-846.jpg

All are welcome to come to the wedding Feast of the Lamb of God!

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Equating the power of the Holy Spirit with 'magic' is offensive.
Just to break you in on the news, Santa Claus doesn't have reindeer pulling him through the sky, nor does he come down chimneys, he's a fictional character

Just as the Catholic priest supposedly turning wine into blood, and bread into flesh transubstantiation, it's fictional man made propaganda, when it's all said and done, wine and bread are left, with a priest moving towards intoxication

I find it offensive that you would engage the name of God the Holy Spirit in such deception

Jesus Is The Lord

SundayTimes 1-15-2023​

Priest in Spain blames car crash on wine drunk at Mass​

“The priest stepped out of the car and wailed ‘I’ve crashed! I’ve crashed!’,” a witness said

“The priest stepped out of the car and wailed ‘I’ve crashed! I’ve crashed!’,” a witness said

A Spanish priest driving a car under the influence of alcohol crashed into five vehicles parked on a street before telling police the accident was due to the wine he had consumed at Mass.

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello covantee,

I already gave you a start with the quote from St.Paul.. you yourself have posted a good one 'this cup is the new covenant..'

we have the 2000 year old living witness of the Church in Rome, the Church in Alexandria and the Church in Constantinople..

there is the parables of the banquet of course..

and the theme of God wedding His people throughout the bible..

perhaps first alluded to when Eve was taken from Adam's side as a foreshadowing of the Church being taken from Christ's side, the Blood and Water poring out, the two great sacraments of the Church; Baptism and Eucharist.

'and there are 3 that give witness, The Spirit and the Water and the Blood'

Here's some more from St Paul:

The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?

Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

And from Jesus:

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

Pax et Bonum
Sorry bro, but there is no Scripture that declares or implies that the Lord's Supper is a feast. The Apostle Paul in fact reprimanded and warned those in the Corinthian Church who attempted to turn it into one (1 Cor. 11:17-34). As this author describes:

"The rich divided themselves from the poor so that they ate and drank without them. The poor, perhaps slaves or lower class workers, arrived later when the food and drink were gone. The poor, then, went hungry while the rich were well-fed and some of them drunk."

By contrast, the Marriage Supper of the Lamb will certainly be the ultimate feast.

The Church observes the Lord's Supper in preparation for the Marriage Supper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth7t7

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
anyone can go back and read where i did answer you . You just didnt like the answer .
Just cause Rome copied the letters faithfully dont mean they are not false .
We are talking about the canonization of of the Books of the Bible. Please give the post# of your infallible answer. Spare me the agony of re-reading 42 pages.
Just like the jews . They too could recopy torah faithfully , yet many of the leadership were false and GOD was angry with said leadership ,
Just like GOD is angry with that harlot the CC . Even the adventists , mormons , many protestants have a good copy of the bible .
IT DONT MEAN THEY FOLLOW CHRIST . the CC is like a tomb . It appears beautiful on the outside but within her is dead mens bones .
Just cause folks claim to follow GOD , follow CHRIST , and even cliam to support the bible , DONT MEAN THEY DO .
GOTTA TEST EM . I DID , and the CC FAILED THE TEST , as many others have as well .
Are you a follower of Ellen G. Witch?

• Angry
Reactions: Keturah

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are talking about the canonization of of the Books of the Bible. Please give the post# of your infallible answer. Spare me the agony of re-reading 42 pages.

I follow no harlot , no false one . Which is why i keep far from the CC as well as i do from other denominations
which have long sprung up within even the protestant realm .
TIME to learn the scrips and stop sitting under men who long ago twisted them . Nope i dont follow no ELLEN . NOT one bit .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Better not follow the mormons either , not the JWS , not the advenstist and not the evangelical realm .
AND FLEE pope francis and the unholy lies of men gone wrong .
Just cause the man can lip some truths dont make him TRUE . EVEN ellen white could lip truths
but i sure dont follow her . Even the JW camp can lip truths , but i sure dont follow them .
Even the mormon , the father of darkness joseph smith could lip truths , YET he was in darkness
Ya better start learining the actual scrips . WHO cares who cliams to be the church . YOU NEED to make sure THEY ARE .
The CC aint . many are not the church . I say this for deep concern for your soul .
heck even some catholics KNOW pope franics is false and does the work of darkness . YET YOU cant even see through that man .
But so too many within the protestant realm cannot see through that man . You all , they all , ARE BEING DECIEVED
from within . Better call out to GOD and start learing and reading the BIBLE FOR YOU . HURRY . cause this delusion
is growing in darkness and fast and its taking captive many souls .

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why does it say the "New Covenant" Jesus made is only for the Jews?

Hebrews 8:8 - But God found fault with the people and said: “The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
I'm sure it's probably already been said somewhere in the 44 pages here, but the new covenant (gospel) is to the Jew first, then to the Gentile. (Not exclusively to the Jews, but it came to them first.)

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm sure it's probably already been said somewhere in the 44 pages here, but the new covenant (gospel) is to the Jew first, then to the Gentile. (Not exclusively to the Jews, but it came to them first.)
To the Church since Paul.

2 Corinthians 3
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
anyone can go back and read where i did answer you . You just didnt like the answer .
Just cause Rome copied the letters faithfully dont mean they are not false .
NO – you didn’t.

And you have NEVER explained to me where you got YOUR Old Testament Canon - which has 7 LESS Books than the official Catholic Canon.

I’ve asked you to explain this at LEAST a DOZEN times – and you’ve run away every time.

Just like the jews . They too could recopy torah faithfully , yet many of the leadership were false and GOD was angry with said leadership ,
Just like GOD is angry with that harlot the CC . Even the adventists , mormons , many protestants have a good copy of the bible .
IT DONT MEAN THEY FOLLOW CHRIST . the CC is like a tomb . It appears beautiful on the outside but within her is dead mens bones .
This is another NON-Answer.

Show me just ONE Scriptural example where God entrusts the custody of His sacred Word to pagans or evil entities – which is what YOU falsely accuse the Church of being.

God passed the mantle of Authority onto His CHURCH.
This is a perfect example of what Jesus was talking about in his comparison to NOT putting new old win into old wineskins (Matt. 19:16-17).
Just cause folks claim to follow GOD , follow CHRIST , and even cliam to support the bible , DONT MEAN THEY DO .
GOTTA TEST EM . I DID , and the CC FAILED THE TEST , as many others have as well .
A “Test” by definition needs to have RESULTS, – which you don’t have.
You do a LOT of blathering against the Ch8urch – but your NEVER have any examples.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't answer the questions. :D
When YOU answer MY questions - which you NEVER do - I'll answer yours.

You're exactly like the Pharisee hypocrites.
And since YOU don't know the Word of God - I will enlighten you . . .

Luke 20:3-8
“I will also ask you a question. Tell me: John’s baptism—was it from heaven, or of human origin?”
They discussed it among themselves and said, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will ask, ‘Why didn’t you believe him?’ But if we say, ‘Of human origin,’ all the people will stone us, because they are persuaded that John was a prophet.”

So they answered, “We don’t know where it was from.”
Jesus said, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things.”

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have proved nothing, Phillip James was inviting posters to the Marriage Supper, depicting a picture of a Catholic Priest and their wafer god at a table seen below

This doesn't represent the Marriage Supper as he "Falsely Suggest"

Jesus Is The Lord

Quote Philip James Post #829 Below:

communion-host_155769-846.jpg

All are welcome to come to the wedding Feast of the Lamb of God!
You’re Scriptural ignorance is ASTOUNDING for a person who frequents a Christian debate forum.
Time for a Bible Lesson . . .

At the Last Supper, Jesus institutes the Eucharist with His Apostles.

Matt. 26:29
I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”

This is describing the Marriage Supper of the Lamb we read about in Rev. 19:6-9.

And Paul also drives the point home . . .
1 Cor. 10:16-18
Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the BLOOD of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the BODY of Christ?
Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.
Consider the people of Israel: Do not those who eat the sacrifices participate in the altar?

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When YOU answer MY questions - which you NEVER do - I'll answer yours.

You're exactly like the Pharisee hypocrites.
And since YOU don't know the Word of God - I will enlighten you . . .

Luke 20:3-8
“I will also ask you a question. Tell me: John’s baptism—was it from heaven, or of human origin?”
They discussed it among themselves and said, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will ask, ‘Why didn’t you believe him?’ But if we say, ‘Of human origin,’ all the people will stone us, because they are persuaded that John was a prophet.”

So they answered, “We don’t know where it was from.”
Jesus said, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things.”
As an antichrist claiming to be Christ on earth, the papacy dares to make the same claims as did Christ.

Such is the nature of its blasphemous heresies.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Matt. 26:44, Jesus himself prayed the EXACT SAME prayer no less than THREE times in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Last Supper.

Jesus was a Teacher...too bad the three Living men Jesus selected to hear his prayer and invited them to pray with Him...were sleepy students and dosed off.

The highlight is WHO Jesus asked to pray With Him were alive believers.
The highlight is WHO Jesus prayed To, was God, not dead humans.

A teacher Repeats to their students.
Jesus did not solicit the dead to pray with or for Him.
Jesus prayed To God.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As an antichrist claiming to be Christ on earth, the papacy dares to make the same claims as did Christ.

Such is the nature of its blasphemous heresies.
I wan you to give me a VERBATIM quote - and give me the source document and the YEAR this supposed claim was made.

The CHURCH is Christ on earth (Acts 9:4-5, Col. 1:18), my Biblically-challenged frien.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was a Teacher...too bad the three Living men Jesus selected to hear his prayer and invited them to pray with Him...were sleepy students and dosed off.

The highlight is WHO Jesus asked to pray With Him were alive believers.
The highlight is WHO Jesus prayed To, was God, not dead humans.

A teacher Repeats to their students.
Jesus did not solicit the dead to pray with or for Him.
Jesus prayed To God.
Hard at work on another moronic and logically-bankrupt claim, I see . . .

Jesus was praying by HIMSELF. The three Apostles were off at a distance and were NOT invited to join Him in prayer. He simply expected them to stay awake.

As for praying to God – that is irrelevant.
The anti-Catholic charge I was responding to was the idea that repetitious prayer is “forbidden” - PERIOD.

I was going to say, “Nice try” – but it wasn’t . . .

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wan you to give me a VERBATIM quote - and give me the source document and the YEAR this supposed claim was made.
All the names which in the Scripture are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.” Robert Cardinal Bellarmine, De Conciliorum Auctoriatate (On the Authority of the Councils) Bk 2, chap. 17 Bellarmine (1542-1621)

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Thus the pope is claimed to be:
Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Reactions: amigo de christo

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The CHURCH is Christ on earth (Acts 9:4-5, Col. 1:18)
Acts 9
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

No church there.

Colossians 1
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

He is the Head of the Church.

Did you forget to take your meds?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hard at work on another moronic and logically-bankrupt claim, I see . . .

Jesus was praying by HIMSELF. The three Apostles were off at a distance and were NOT invited to join Him in prayer. He simply expected them to stay awake.

[36] Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.
[37] And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
[38] Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

As for praying to God – that is irrelevant.

No need to enforce your belief, already abundantly clear.

Best you stick with your master-craft reputation of your derogatory name calling and accusations. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.