New Covenant only for Jews?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does it say the "New Covenant" Jesus made is only for the Jews?

Hebrews 8:8 - But God found fault with the people and said: “The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.

Hi Mike -
Heb 8:8 does not say “only”.

Jesus selected Jews to first teach to Jews of a new covenant.
Thereafter Jesus directed His Disciples to teach to all the Tribes of Israel.
Thereafter Paul was directed to teach to the Gentiles and Jews.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm guessing because that is what He meant.

Gentiles benefit by being brought near, and In Christ we share in redemption and rebirth. But we don't enter God's covenants with Israel.

Much love!

Hi m~

Gentiles are offered inclusion in the New Covenant, the separation that continues is: Gentiles do NOT BECOME, Hebrews, Jews or any of the Tribes of Israel.
The similitude...is All , (regardless of RACE, ie. Tribe of Israel or Gentile)...
Become the same, by, through, of Circumcision OF the Heart, effected by, through, of Christ (the Power of God)....which prepares the man to receive the Seed of God (ie Christ)...which effects the mans born again spirit...which in short is called Baptism of the Holy Spirit...which sets that man exclusively forever with God, regardless of RACE,
That man IS thereafter forever sealed as “a son of God”.
Sameness being, “sons of God”.

IMO...there shall be a hierarchy in Gods New World. Race irrelevant, but rather the individual having been an exemplary Upright Servant during their mortal life.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi m~

Gentiles are offered inclusion in the New Covenant, the separation that continues is: Gentiles do NOT BECOME, Hebrews, Jews or any of the Tribes of Israel.
The similitude...is All , (regardless of RACE, ie. Tribe of Israel or Gentile)...
Become the same, by, through, of Circumcision OF the Heart, effected by, through, of Christ (the Power of God)....which prepares the man to receive the Seed of God (ie Christ)...which effects the mans born again spirit...which in short is called Baptism of the Holy Spirit...which sets that man exclusively forever with God, regardless of RACE,
That man IS thereafter forever sealed as “a son of God”.
Sameness being, “sons of God”.

IMO...there shall be a hierarchy in Gods New World. Race irrelevant, but rather the individual having been an exemplary Upright Servant during their mortal life.

Glory to God,
Taken
In the new heavens and new earth , the only entrance in, the only ones in that kingdom , WILL be
those who BELIEVED IN JESUS . Pope francis saves none and damns many as does most all the protestant realm now .
Go ye and preach the gospel to all nations . Even peter was told to preach it to the gentiles , aka the house of cornelious .
The definition of a pipe dream . A dream that though it told of great beauty and wonders was false .
Did i not say i was a stickler to the orginal life saving , life changing gospel .
If good works had given cornelious access into the kingdom , then why SEND PETER .
I know our pastors are trying so hard to give mankind some kind of hope .
But if we aint preaching the dire necessity of Christ , THERE IS NO HOPE .
That is right . YOU and all heard me today . IF ONE BELIEVETH NOT they will be damned . anyone want to be damned .
I didnt think so . LET JESUS GET PREACHED . I was in boyscotts once , our leaders
were huge on preaching do good to the poor , take care of the elderly , do many good deeds . DIDNT SAVE THEM NOR ME .
JESUS DID . FAITH IN HE ALONE . we better get busy preaching that , cause the night cometh
when the door will shut and then many will holler
BUT LORD didnt we do many good works in your name , didnt we do
BUT THE DOOR wont open . We must stick to preaching JESUS . As i am sure you would agree .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did Bellarmine claim what I quoted, or did he not?
You quoted a snippet with no context. Popes REPRESENT God on earth, no pope ever said they are God. Your false charge is stupid and absurd.
NO POPE has ever publicly renounced it.
Popes don't renounce arrogant fundie lies.
EVERY POPE has therefore believed it.
That is a lie. You most likely borrowed your snippet from the CARM forum where they just delete posts that embarrass them.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Which incidentally, is why the office, and by extension the institution that officiates over it, and not the individual, is referenced as the Antichrist in scripture.
You are accusing Ignatius of Antioch as supporting the anti-Christ. :goodj:
You no doubt have some copies of her many books in your library, and you have studied them assiduously to determine whether or not she is a liar right? And no doubt you have numerous examples to offer?
Have you heard of Google? There are millions of evangelical sites that expose the SDA as a false cult.
Nonsense. Absolute unadulterated garbage, and your arrogance and presumption that others here are ignorant of the truth, that you can post this and think it. 'educates ' others here who know their history, is the pinnacle of pride and presumption.
Bishops presiding over towns on Rome's doorstep, eg Milan constantly debated, rejected, and denied numerous teachings that emanated from the pompous bishops of Rome. The altered dates regarding the celebration of Easter... The extreme creeds that demanded the acceptance and obedience to Roman authority regarding the trinity, the enforced observance of Sunday above that of the Sabbath.... They being major planks of Christian doctrine. Unity? Acceptance of a superior bishop?
It requires a demon to demonize the Church and the catechism the way you do.
The fairy tales were of Catholic origin, and were used to justify claims of Patrick being a Catholic. He wasn't. He was Celtic. As were generations before him. Which is not a dodge, but the answer to your claims that all churches were Catholic, or dissident. The Celtic church was not Catholic, nor dissident, it was apostolic, receiving the gospel through Celtic relations who had colonized Asia minor 300 years before Christ, who had received the gospel from Paul, before he ever had set foot in Rome, and therefore proves the churches he established, and those such as the Celtic church in Britain, the churches in France, and India and Assyria and the far east and elsewhere that grew as a result of missionary efforts by those same churches... And not Rome... And thus were apostolic, and the fruit of the apostles.
How can a bishop with a Celtic background not be Catholic? More insane history.
Not was superior , but became superior. And not because those in Rome were more in touch with God, or more learned, or wiser, or better informed of scripture, but because they were more politically astute, and had the ear of secular rulers such as Justinian who would send armies to destroy those whom the bishops of Rome disliked. So Rome was superior, but only because it had more power, and used it to compel obedience and subjection.
The first 39 popes were killed by pagan Romans, your false histories are pathetic.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the new heavens and new earth , the only entrance in, the only ones in that kingdom , WILL be
those who BELIEVED IN JESUS . Pope francis saves none and damns many as does most all the protestant realm now .
Go ye and preach the gospel to all nations . Even peter was told to preach it to the gentiles , aka the house of cornelious .
The definition of a pipe dream . A dream that though it told of great beauty and wonders was false .
Did i not say i was a stickler to the orginal life saving , life changing gospel .
If good works had given cornelious access into the kingdom , then why SEND PETER .
I know our pastors are trying so hard to give mankind some kind of hope .
But if we aint preaching the dire necessity of Christ , THERE IS NO HOPE .
That is right . YOU and all heard me today . IF ONE BELIEVETH NOT they will be damned . anyone want to be damned .
I didnt think so . LET JESUS GET PREACHED . I was in boyscotts once , our leaders
were huge on preaching do good to the poor , take care of the elderly , do many good deeds . DIDNT SAVE THEM NOR ME .
JESUS DID . FAITH IN HE ALONE . we better get busy preaching that , cause the night cometh
when the door will shut and then many will holler
BUT LORD didnt we do many good works in your name , didnt we do
BUT THE DOOR wont open . We must stick to preaching JESUS . As i am sure you would agree .

I object to the Titles men have continued to bestowed upon human men, since the day God Provided...

For example...
PONTIFF; which means High Priest.
Jesus IS the High Priest.

For example...
VICAR; which means one who rules in place of another.
Christ IS the ruling Power of God.

Have men forgotten, ignored or simply been falsely taught?

God sent One without sin, and once He returned To Heaven, Jesus promised to send another. This seems to be foreign to a lot of people!

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: amigo de christo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the pope is claimed to be Christ on the earth, and the visible head of the church, then Paul must have been persecuting the pope, right?
Did Bellarmine claim what I quoted, or did he not?

NO POPE has ever publicly renounced it.

EVERY POPE has therefore believed it.
A phony “quote” that has been LONG-debunked.
Once again, since you have FAILED to do your proper research - I will, AGAIN, do it for you.

This fairy tale was originally concocted by the anti-Catholic PROTESTANT work, Letters in the Roman Catholic Controversy by William Brownlee, of the “Collegiate Protestant Reformed Dutch Church” in New York. He falsely attributed to Cardinal Robert Bellarmine.

In short, Einstein – YOU copied and pasted a LIE.
NOIT surprising, given your abject ignorance of history, Scripture and ALL things Catholic.

Not only did Bellarmine NOT claim that the “Pope is God”, he merely emphasized how the Pope occupies the highest rank in the Church as its "high steward" and "shepherd" - representing the Good Shepherd, our Lord Jesus. One of his official titles is “The Servant of the Servants of God”.

Do your HOMEWORK, Einstein . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fairy tales were of Catholic origin, and were used to justify claims of Patrick being a Catholic. He wasn't. He was Celtic. As were generations before him. Which is not a dodge, but the answer to your claims that all churches were Catholic, or dissident. The Celtic church was not Catholic, nor dissident, it was apostolic, receiving the gospel through Celtic relations who had colonized Asia minor 300 years before Christ, who had received the gospel from Paul, before he ever had set foot in Rome, and therefore proves the churches he established, and those such as the Celtic church in Britain, the churches in France, and India and Assyria and the far east and elsewhere that grew as a result of missionary efforts by those same churches... And not Rome... And thus were apostolic, and the fruit of the apostles.
The ENTIRE Catholic (universal) Church is Apostolic.

You’re under the delusion that SOME dioceses existed outside of the Universal Church.
This is what happens when you swallow the writings of people like your false prophetess instead of ACTUAL Church history.

As for Patrick – it doesn’t matter to me if you reject the historical facts about his being Catholic because it is just another cowardly DODGE so you won’t have to address the fact that you LIED about the Church ONLY translating the Bible into Latin so nobody could read it.

Whenever you get busted – you CHANGE the subject and move the goalposts.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not was superior , but became superior. And not because those in Rome were more in touch with God, or more learned, or wiser, or better informed of scripture, but because they were more politically astute, and had the ear of secular rulers such as Justinian who would send armies to destroy those whom the bishops of Rome disliked. So Rome was superior, but only because it had more power, and used it to compel obedience and subjection.
No, it was RECOGNIZED as being the superior Church by the end of the FIRST CENTURY - and UNANIMOUSLY recognized by the Early Church Fathers.

Put down your E.G. White drivel and STUDY your history.
The Church was being PERSECUTED at the time by Rome at the time we first see the description of “Superior” Church.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which incidentally, is why the office, and by extension the institution that officiates over it, and not the individual, is referenced as the Antichrist in scripture.
Acts 1:20
“For it is written in the Book of Psalms, “‘May his camp become desolate, and let there be no one to dwell in it’; and “‘Let another take his office.’

The Greek word used here for “Office” is Episkopay (Bishoroc).
Judas was not the important subject here – but his BISHOPRIC. For you to minimize the office is Anti-Biblical.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A phony “quote” that has been LONG-debunked.
Once again, since you have FAILED to do your proper research - I will, AGAIN, do it for you.

This fairy tale was originally concocted by the anti-Catholic PROTESTANT work, Letters in the Roman Catholic Controversy by William Brownlee, of the “Collegiate Protestant Reformed Dutch Church” in New York. He falsely attributed to Cardinal Robert Bellarmine.

In short, Einstein – YOU copied and pasted a LIE.
NOIT surprising, given your abject ignorance of history, Scripture and ALL things Catholic.

Not only did Bellarmine NOT claim that the “Pope is God”, he merely emphasized how the Pope occupies the highest rank in the Church as its "high steward" and "shepherd" - representing the Good Shepherd, our Lord Jesus. One of his official titles is “The Servant of the Servants of God”.

Do your HOMEWORK, Einstein . . .
So give us a link to the original document wherein we can see what Bellarmine actually said...

Or is this another case of deny, deny, deny?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So give us a link to the original document wherein we can see what Bellarmine actually said...

Or is this another case of deny, deny, deny?
On post #888 – with regard to the false quote from Bellarmine - YOU stated emphatically:
“EVERY POPE has therefore believed it.”

Soooooso, why don’t YOU put your money where your mouth is and give me the VERBSATIM QUITES from EVERY Pope?
You’re big on demanding “verbatim quotes” – yet you never seem to be able to do this.

In the meantime - I'll hunt down the document . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[36] Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.
[37] And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
[38] Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

No need to enforce your belief, already abundantly clear.
Best you stick with your master-craft reputation of your derogatory name calling and accusations. LOL
Your impotent claims and accusations are easy enouggh to defeat.
But it's your nervous "LOLs" that are always a dead give-away that you have biothing more to add to the conversation . . .

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well, if you read the whole thing, maybe not,
27“The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man and of beast
Reincarnation of animals confirmed

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Still waiting for the Scripture describing the Lord's Supper as a "feast". That Scripture does not exist.

The Marriage Supper will be the ultimate spiritual feast as we will be spiritual beings.

My dear covenantee,

How many verses do you need? Or perhaps you don't think Jesus giving Himself to us to eat and drink counts as a feast.. ?

Here is one more for you:

Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Pax et Bonum

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your impotent claims and accusations are easy enouggh to defeat.
But it's your nervous "LOLs" that are always a dead give-away that you have biothing more to add to the conversation . . .

LOL is specifically for you in your delusion.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dear covenantee,

How many verses do you need? Or perhaps you don't think Jesus giving Himself to us to eat and drink counts as a feast.. ?

Here is one more for you:

Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Pax et Bonum
I think he lives by the "George Costanza" rule:
It's NOT a lie if YOU believe it to be true . . .

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
On post #888 – with regard to the false quote from Bellarmine - YOU stated emphatically:
“EVERY POPE has therefore believed it.”

Soooooso, why don’t YOU put your money where your mouth is and give me the VERBSATIM QUITES from EVERY Pope?
You’re big on demanding “verbatim quotes” – yet you never seem to be able to do this.

In the meantime - I'll hunt down the document . . .
Verbatim from Brownlee:

"Bellarmine De concil. Auctor. lib. ii. cap. 17. teaches the genuine popery, namely; that "the supreme pontiff' is simply and absolutely above the church ; and above a general council. &c.'' He adds the following, which no one can clear from the charge of blasphemy : " All the names which in the scriptures are applied to Christ, proving him to be above the church, are, in like manner, applied to the pontiff:"

If Bellarmine did not make those claims, who did?

It is simple logic that if no popes have ever renounced these claims, then they do not disagree with them.

No "VERBSATIM QUITES" are required.

And no verbatim quotes are required.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are accusing Ignatius of Antioch as supporting the anti-Christ. :goodj:

Have you heard of Google? There are millions of evangelical sites that expose the SDA as a false cult.

It requires a demon to demonize the Church and the catechism the way you do.

How can a bishop with a Celtic background not be Catholic? More insane history.

The first 39 popes were killed by pagan Romans, your false histories are pathetic.
Re your post # 905. You have quoted me saying something I haven't said......not that I disagree with brakelite's quote which you have attributed to me.

Do I deduct this is how the Roman principle works?......attributes an authors words to others or puts words in ones mouth? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.