New Here

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,
You know, when people pick their screen names, it often provides some insight into their perspectives. Take "historyb" for example. At first glance it would appear that this individual may have some propensity for "history". And being that this person professes him/her self as a "christian", it would make sense that this person may have a strong background in Scriptural History. Unfortunately, most of the "history" accounted for, -- certainly in the Book of Daniel --, is commentator rubbish, and I suspect that "historyb" might not be up to a critical review of Scripture and World History (as documented by HISTORIANS), but certainly may be more familiar with the FALSE history as contorted by the commentators.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,
Great news, apparently an administrator changed my "Faith" from "Other" to "Christian", and I'm now able to post in the broad sections of the Forum!
Hope to see you all there. :)

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To All,
Great news, apparently an administrator changed my "Faith" from "Other" to "Christian", and I'm now able to post in the broad sections of the Forum!
Hope to see you all there. :)

Bobby Jo

...Thumb.gif

Reactions: Bobby Jo

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,
You know, when people pick their screen names, it often provides some insight into their perspectives. Take "historyb" for example. At first glance it would appear that this individual may have some propensity for "history". And being that this person professes him/her self as a "christian", it would make sense that this person may have a strong background in Scriptural History. Unfortunately, most of the "history" accounted for, -- certainly in the Book of Daniel --, is commentator rubbish, and I suspect that "historyb" might not be up to a critical review of Scripture and World History (as documented by HISTORIANS), but certainly may be more familiar with the FALSE history as contorted by the commentators.

Bobby Jo
I could have picked your an absolute moron

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could have picked you're* an absolute moron
I don't believe I'm a "fool" (your Post #39) or a "moron". I might be uninformed on many topics, but I can always learn.

*Hope you don't mind that I corrected your spelling from "your" to "you're". Perhaps English is not your first language. :)

Bobby Jo

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's wrong with being nice, it sure beats being mean.
Being "kind" is better than being "nice".
"nice" people have neglected the lies of the government and fda and other countries, thinking being nice would work out somehow - it doesn't.

Reactions: theophilus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the TRUE Christians, we need to arise from our slumber and perceive the evidence and signs of the end times both in the church and in the world. It's an exponential curve, and it will only get worse.
It certainly got pretty bad....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First I notice your other faith so I ain't buying te junk your selling and you get to go on my ignore list. A fool spouts everything they know, which is nothing.
Nothing may be as it seems, eh?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that GOD distances HIMSELF from the affairs of men. Perhaps we shouldn't either.
Lack of integrity is not always someone is aware of in themself. Iron sharpens iron, and (true, honest) open rebuke is better than hidden love.

i.e. what does God's Word say about God vs the affairs of men. And what He instructs us to do , daily.

Reactions: mailmandan

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heart2Soul said:
With all your scriptures about judging how do you explain Jesus saying "do NOT judge lest ye be judged yourself?"

Bobby Jo said:
"It's pretty obvious that each of us must conform to Biblical standards."
hmmmm....... 'conform' ? .......

As if putting on the outside something that is not on the inside ?

(just someone posted on another thread - timely? ) >>>>
The power of human nature to conform to the group without understanding does not provide truth or authority. It is a survival instinct. Jesus told us to follow Him we must hate such conformity. It is why the world is lost, bound in sin. It is also how loyalty to a group is so embedded in belief despite obviously weird beliefs.

People will commit suicide than oppose such loyalty. If you cannot see this far, then what I share will bounce off.
[/INDENT]

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,
it seems to me that a huge percentage of those who profess christianity are really not Christians at all.
There are genuine Christians and there are "nominal" Christians. There are genuine believers and there are make believers. We need to always be aware of the wolves. (Matthew 7:15; Acts 20:28-31) God expects spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There are genuine Christians and there are "nominal" Christians. There are genuine believers and there are make believers. We need to always be aware of the wolves. (Matthew 7:15; Acts 20:28-31) God expects spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.
Indeed; and John 15 speaks of fruit bearing and abiding in the vine for it.

Reactions: Bobby Jo