New here...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

Just banned from CF after about 7 years for posting testimonies of folks being freed from Gender Dysphoria.

Recommended to come here for a while.

Blessings,

Carl Emerson.
Hello and welcome....

Its a tough subject for many folks......if you have no understanding of the condition, you should not pass judgment.
They should try walking a mile in their shoes. These people need understanding, not condemnation IMO.

Reactions: Lambano

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

Just banned from CF after about 7 years for posting testimonies of folks being freed from Gender Dysphoria.

Blessings,

Carl Emerson.

I'd venture to say that at certain points we've had a good 30-40% of the actives here being former CF.com people. And we've had long discussions about the ridiculous reasons for the bans, but yours would be one of the most egregious that I've heard, though it doesn't surprise me. The last few times I've visited CF.com, I've seen ads for homosexual counseling with a large image filling the screen of two men kissing each other, ads with virtually naked women advertising lingerie, and others advertising Tarot and Astrology readings. I've seen a few other things that also shocked me that I can't even remember now, because there's so much of it.

I still value the site as having the potential to reach people through, because it's still the most trafficked "Christian" site. But what it has become over the last few years is truly bothersome. I hope you feel welcome here. No site is perfect, and this one is sort of like the Wild West of the Christian forum world, meaning there can be some pretty strong confrontations, and there are advocates of every brand and stripe theologically. But the leadership is excellent here, and one thing you can count on is that you will NOT be banned for posting testimonies about people being freed from homosexuality.

God bless, and glad to have you. I hope you decide to make your home here.
Hidden In Him

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
g'day Carl.....them thar sinners are shocking.....hard to escape even here.....but, so all things are fair and equal, I qualify as one as well. Hope your trot here is better!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum Carl

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hello and welcome....

Its a tough subject for many folks......if you have no understanding of the condition, you should not pass judgment.
They should try walking a mile in their shoes. These people need understanding, not condemnation IMO.

I don't come from a position of judgement, and nor did they.

Just rejoicing in what Jesus has done releasing folks from same sex attraction and raising awareness of the fact that with Jesus this area of need is not off the map.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome. God Bless.

Glory to God,
Taken

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I would be interested in the history of the Symbol for Christian Board depicting the trinity.

It is known how it originated and if it was originally a Pagan symbol or not?

Personally I think it has a lot of beauty and meaning.

unnamed.png

Reactions: GEN2REV and TLHKAJ

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well that's something that the original owner decided to use as his Symbol for CyB when we started using a new forum software. We have had a few discussions on that privately but when he sold the forum, we do not have the ability to remove it even if we wanted to....so there! :p:D

PS: Yes, we do understand it's meaning, history and it's good and not so good background
Triquetra (Trinity Knot)

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

Blessings,

Carl Emerson.
Hello Carl, hailing from the upper part of New Zealand I take it. I used to live in the lower part of the North Island.

CF has a lot of stuffy folks who think they are God's gifts to mankind, a snob club and of the politically-religious-silly-correct.....

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't come from a position of judgement, and nor did they.
Since you did not go into detail about the methods of freeing those ones from gender dysphoria, it raises some points for discussion if you would like to start a thread on the subject, and also why you would be banned from a “Christian” forum for the result.

Just rejoicing in what Jesus has done releasing folks from same sex attraction and raising awareness of the fact that with Jesus this area of need is not off the map.
I wasn’t trying to dispute that Jesus helps those with this affliction, just the method, and I was perplexed that you would be banned for doing something right….or was it? Just asking….

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The testimonies I posted were from Great Britain.

I was not involved in their rehab.

Should I start a new thread and post them there ?

The banning was about violation of SOP's but no detail given so far...

Posting subject matter on the wrong forum is taken very seriously.

It can be hard to figure what fits where.

Reactions: APAK and TLHKAJ

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you are posting about divine and miraculous things God has done, please feel free to post in the Spitiuality forum. If it's a personal testimony, then in the testimonies forum.

I would like to just let you know gently and kindly, that the "Discussion forum" at the bottom of the main menu is for "non christians".
They can create threads there but Christians cannot create threads. Christians can however, reply to their threads and posts. If christians do decide to not read the sticky note that is at the top of that forum page and create a thread there, it will be deleted immediately.

That bottom section was given to non christian/other faiths or athiests only .......so that they can post things they want to [as long as they are not being disrespectful toward God] they can enquire about God and christianity and christians are also given a chance to minister to non believers, other faiths and athiests etc. Some christians have never had this opportunity and now they do.

Bless ya! 2eoy6xh.gif

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The testimonies I posted were from Great Britain.

I was not involved in their rehab.

Should I start a new thread and post them there ?
That might throw the subject open for discussion.
I would be interested in the methods used...

Reactions: APAK

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last few times I've visited CF.com, I've seen ads for homosexual counseling with a large image filling the screen of two men kissing each other, ads with virtually naked women advertising lingerie, and others advertising Tarot and Astrology readings. I've seen a few other things that also shocked me that I can't even remember now, because there's so much of it.

Absolutely sick and disgusting, and that's a Christian forum?

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

Blessings,

Carl Emerson.
Welcome brother.