New Owner/Admin @CyB

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Run for the hills, the mark of the advertisers is now upon us and unless you pay for the privilege of not seeing any adds at all, they will infect/disease your thoughts for ever. The end is near for this community.

Reactions: Pearl and Ziggy

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I will be honest I hate ads, BUT before everyone runs for the hills, decides they don’t like them, why not just remind yourself that change of any kind always brings reactions at first. We don’t like change as human beings. It upsets the status quo.
The amount of churches I have been a part of where ‘ I am going to leave if they do this ‘ has been spoken in haste because everyone wants things to remain as they have always been.
Or when a new pastor comes along and starts to do things differently, instead of encouragement they often get reactions and are bombarded with complaints……

My2c
Rita

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey guys! Owner here!

I’ve already contacted the agency about the astrology ad and will look into the supporter option to remove ads as well.

Bare with me over the next few weeks as we tweak and modify the ad displays to make them as reasonable as we can. Other than this, I don’t have any plans for the site other than community suggestions.

I’m also taking suggestions from the community for any improvements or features you’d like added to the forum.

I’ve already added emojis from @Angelina’s request. So please let me know if there are other things I can add to the site that you all would like.

Greetings Doughty, and nice being able to put a face to what up till now was somewhat of a mystery to most of us. :)

I've a suggestion: I have a friend who owns/runs a smaller Christian forum and he's generally very up front about who he is, what's going on, and how and why decisions are being made. I haven't asked him why he bought and runs his site, but if you were to oblige letting us know a little more about yourself, many might find it interesting getting to know you a little better and why you bought this one, including myself.

Maybe create an Intro thread to let the community know who you are?

Just a suggestion. Either way, God bless, and thank you for sharing what's going on.
Hidden

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

doughty

Staff member
Admin
Jun 14, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings Doughty, and nice being able to put a face to what up till now was somewhat of a mystery to most of us. :)

I've a suggestion: I have a friend who owns/runs a smaller Christian forum and he's generally very up front about who he is, what's going on, and how and why decisions are being made. I haven't asked him why he bought and runs his site, but if you were to oblige letting us know a little more about yourself, many might find it interesting getting to know you a little better and why you bought this one, including myself.

Maybe create an Intro thread to let the community know who you are?

Just a suggestion. Either way, God bless, and thank you for sharing what's going on.
Hidden
Thanks! That sounds like a great idea. I took over ownership about 2 weeks ago from Rex and Brent and look forward to being part of the community!
I’m not sure how active they were on here but I hope to contribute to the community and be as active as I can be.
One thing I’m passionate about, as a previous college campus evangelist, is sharing the gospel with others.
So I hope to find a good way to do that for visitors to our site here.

I’ll create a thread as soon as I get a chance. It’s about 11pm so I don’t think I have the brain power for tonight :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks! That sounds like a great idea. I took over ownership about 2 weeks ago from Rex and Brent and look forward to being part of the community!
I’m not sure how active they were on here but I hope to contribute to the community and be as active as I can be.
One thing I’m passionate about, as a previous college campus evangelist, is sharing the gospel with others.
So I hope to find a good way to do that for visitors to our site here.

I’ll create a thread as soon as I get a chance. It’s about 11pm so I don’t think I have the brain power for tonight :)

Sounds good. :)

Tag this one with it so I don't miss it. Looking forward to hearing your vision and calling. ThumbsupThumbsup
- H

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was told they would filter out ads considered inappropriate for a Christian site. So not necessarily Christian, but ads that are not inappropriate.
I’ll be monitoring closely during this change.
I just got one for Tarot cards right below your post! Very inappropriate for a Christian site.....demonic ads.
no

You can see why people who have not been disturbed by ads here for so long would be railing against them? We are bombarded with them everywhere! Absolutely sick of them!
ThumbsDown
This was the one place we could escape them......so disappointing.
sos

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@doughty ....hello and I also thank you for the introduction, but hope that because of your background you will not fall back to what other sites insist on.....this site is open to all discussion and a policy of "you can't say that here" would see a lot of posters including myself forced to leave. It has always been my belief that an undefended faith is not worth having, so I hope you will keep that openness for discussion on all subjects. Its what makes this site so special and most of us here can keep it civil.....
boxing
I hope.....

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm finding all the flashing disturbing as i have been known to have fits with flashing lights and these may be a step too far. They just flash all the time.
I am not seeing any ads, so perhaps my ad blocker is blocking them. However, this is not a good idea for this kind of forum.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am truly going to miss my family.
All for filthy lucre sake.
If you needed help financially you coulda shoulda put up a thread concerning donations to the website.
I woulda gladly donated what measly pennies I have into the coffers to be able to spend time with my friends.
This was one of the best sites I've ever had the pleasure to being a part of.
But one can not serve God and Mammon.
Unless this was your purpose, to destroy this community for greed.

God Bless you my friends.
Keep the faith
Wear your armour.
They will find all kinds of ways to divide us or to make us comply to their world.
Much Love

Ziggy
Hugs

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, Ma'am...

I hate to question the above, but I am already seeing ads for Astrology websites, and that's in less than one day of the advertisements being in use.
I go on another Christian site but the same ads = mostly for sites I have bought stuff from - don't flash they are jst static and don't interfere with enjoyment of the site. These ones are really in your face. Perhaps it will settle down when the new owner stops experimenting and playing with his new toy.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am not seeing any ads, so perhaps my ad blocker is blocking them. However, this is not a good idea for this kind of forum.
I looked at getting ad blocker but was put off by the message saying it can "read and change all your data on all websites".

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was told they would filter out ads considered inappropriate for a Christian site. So not necessarily Christian, but ads that are not inappropriate.
I’ll be monitoring closely during this change.
@doughty Can you please make the ads stop flashing, it hurts my eyes. I go on another christian site where the very same adds, all from stores I have bought things from, are static so they are not likely to cause me to have a fit.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, Ma'am...

I hate to question the above, but I am already seeing ads for Astrology websites, and that's in less than one day of the advertisements being in use.
I only get ads from shops I have used previously as the ads are 'tailored' to the individual.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, Ma'am...

Ah…I wondered yesterday if the site had been sold. I’ve seen it before. Oh gosh…

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I will be honest I hate ads, BUT before everyone runs for the hills, decides they don’t like them, why not just remind yourself that change of any kind always brings reactions at first. We don’t like change as human beings. It upsets the status quo.
The amount of churches I have been a part of where ‘ I am going to leave if they do this ‘ has been spoken in haste because everyone wants things to remain as they have always been.
Or when a new pastor comes along and starts to do things differently, instead of encouragement they often get reactions and are bombarded with complaints……

My2c
Rita
I'm not objecting to the ads themselves as the same ones appear on other sites. What I really don't like is the flashing which has already given me a headache and I have had fits caused by flashing. If the new owner can't or won't do anything about the placement and the flashing I think I will soon be gone form here.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've done some searches on Astrology in the past - not Chart making, but stuff on personality traits.

Haven't done any on NoraCora women's attire, or Liver Disease, or Rodent Repellents, Lol, so not sure if it checks out yet or not. But I'll keep an eye on it.

oh my gosh don’t buy anything from noracora! Mom ordered linen/cotton blend pants from there. They arrived. 100% polyester. And cheaply made. To return, you have to pay for shipping them back to China, which costs more than the items you bought! Their solution is to give you a discount. Don’t buy from there!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am not getting any flashing ads @Pearl
It seems we are all getting different ones !!