New Pope Named

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
From Argentina. Will go by Pope Francis.

So much for all those who said he was going to be the anti-Christ.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Foreigner said:

Who was, then was not, then was again..... St. Francis?

Oh how wonderful it would be if these ungodly people who gather with such excitement to worship the image of a man would be so enthusiastic for God and His Christ aka The Word.

Did you also notice how little credit was given to God for choosing him.. and how the first person that he said he was going to pray to (notice I said Person) was mother Mary, and human being and not to the Father? Mary is to be honored, not worshiped as God!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
exciting news!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
afaithfulone4u said:
Who was, then was not, then was again..... St. Francis?

Did you also notice how little credit was given to God for choosing him.. and how the first person that he said he was going to pray to (notice I said Person) was mother Mary, and human being and not to the Father? Mary is to be honored, not worshiped as God!
-- Why would they give God the credit for this?
It took multiple votes and the winner had to get a minimum of 77 out of the 200+ Cardinals that were voting.
And the selection was more of a political one than a spiritual one.

And I agree with what you say about Mary. Jesus loves us completely, died for us, has made us a joint heir and told us we can approach Him directly.
Mary's role in the Catholic church is superflous.

In order for her role (as defined by the Catholic Church) to be valid, there would have to exist a seperation between us and Jesus that He Himself has said does not exist.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Foreigner said:
It took multiple votes and the winner had to get a minimum of 77 out of the 200+ Cardinals that were voting.

And I agree with what you say about Mary. Jesus loves us completely, died for us, has made us a joint heir and told us we can approach Him directly.
Mary's role in the Catholic church is superflous.

In order for her role (as defined by the Catholic Church) to be valid, there would have to exist a seperation between us and Jesus that He Himself has said does not exist.
Foreigner,
Since when does man pick the chosen of God? Didn't Jesus choose the 12, Saul/Paul and aren't many called but few chosen? It is not man that builds up the temple of God, we are only co-laborers with God. When man starts putting their OWN hands in the selection of what is good for the body of Christ, then they have been disconnected from the Head, which is Christ.

Matt 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
KJV

1 Peter 2:1-10
2:1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
KJV
Matt 20:16
16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.
KJV
John 15:16
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
KJV
John 6:70
70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
KJV
Acts 9:11-16
11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.
15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.
KJV
1 Cor 1:26-28
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
KJV
Eph 1:3-5
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
KJV

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol ok.....

glad you guys don't hire you ministers who claim to be called into their position by God

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
aspen2 said:
lol ok.....

glad you guys don't hire you ministers who claim to be called into their position by God
When one is called into the ministry... it should be by the Spirit, not by man's choice. Many ministers have given up their lives(proffession/job) due to God calling them. If God chooses you, you will know it. You can tell a true minister that God has chosen who speaks by the Spirit not afaid to whip out their sWord of the Spirit(Word of God) from one who speaks from a carnal view to sooth the ears of man so as to keep that membership high and the money rolling in to their hired shepherd pockets.

When you see the pope who is but a man and not God but every walk of life(godly & ungodly alike) faints, stands in mile long lines to see him, will travel to the ends of the earth to touch his hand LOVES him so much they cry uncontrollably at the sight of him you know this man is worldly because no true man of God is loved by the ungodly, nor much of those who claim to be godly.....
You will know who is a true man of God called and chosen of Him. He will be the one who seeks God's will and will not shrink back from teaching God's Word even when persecution comes. The truth is all that matters to God's minister's and their sWord is full of fire to burn away the fleshly man that hinders us from revealing our spirit man so that he can be dominant in our lives to overcome our fleshly lusts. That is the only way true peace will ever come to one's life, allow the flesh to be burned away so that God can bless us.

The church/body of Christ is built by God upon the foundation of the Word.. .Not a man named Peter.... Peter was just the first to receive his revelation from God of who The Christ really is and THAT is the foundation the church is built upon.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
true, we should be loving everyone as much as those people love the pope.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Foreigner said:

So much for Peter Romanus or whatever his name was. I don't know why some people bother trying to predict WHEN the world will end. I think the important question they should ask themselves is "are they prepared for Christ's Second Coming?"

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
aspen2 said:
true, we should be loving everyone as much as those people love the pope.
Loving people is not the point, there is much more to being a Christian than loving man.. God and His Word must be exalted in the earth. It is ashame that man hates the Word and wants him dead, but claim to love Christ. Yet they flock to the pope who is supposed to be in the image of Christ and worship him while hating The Word.
How is that? If he were really standing up for the Word of God.. the world would hate him, for they are not of God, but of the evil One. Very few people can handle the Truth.
Matt 10:22-24
22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
24 The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.
KJV
Matt 24:9-10
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
KJV
Luke 21:15-18
15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
KJV
John 15:18-21
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
KJV
John 17:14-17
14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
KJV

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually loving God and neighbor is the sum of the according to Jesus. We were created to love others and then we became lovers of self. There is nothing more to it. I love the Pope because he is my neighbor - you are also called to love him even if you have made him your enemy.

Desipte your misguided belief that there is more to being human than loving other, there is simply nothing else.

love is the sum of the law. all good is love - all lack of love is evil

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Foreigner said:
I would have more confidence in Gods involvement selecting the new pope If 130 Cardinals placed 129 black and 1 white stone in a bag and someone walked down the line having each one choose a stone. To be fair If a Cardinal drew black he would place it back in the bag. If after one pass no one pulls the white try again tomorrow, and of course it should be witnessed. Secrets and secret meetings are for people that have something to hide or a personal interest at steak. Luke 18:16-18

aspen2 said:
actually loving God and neighbor is the sum of the according to Jesus. We were created to love others and then we became lovers of self. There is nothing more to it. I love the Pope because he is my neighbor - you are also called to love him even if you have made him your enemy.

Desipte your misguided belief that there is more to being human than loving other, there is simply nothing else.

Aspen I don't understand your unification of three words in Greek under our single word love,
  • Agapē. In the New Testament, agapē
    is charitable, selfless, altruistic, and unconditional. It is parental
    love seen as creating goodness in the world, it is the way God is seen
    to love humanity, and it is seen as the kind of love that Christians
    aspire to have for others.
  • Philia. Also used in the New Testament, philia is a human response to something that is found to be delightful. Also known as "brotherly love".
  • Eros (sexual love) is never used in the New Testament but is more prominent in the Old Testament.
  • Storge (needy child-to-parent love) only appears in the compound word philostorgos (Rom 12:10).

I'm a christian I don't believe in Unificationism even though the Universal church is bending that way. Just what is it that makes you different than any religion that teaches love, the answer, nothing.

Unificationism envisions a world in which the great cultural
traditions of East and West, North and South, and of all the great religions,
are harmonized and unified.

Unificationism

The concept of True Love is the most central part of Unificationist theology.

From "MAPPING KNOWLEDGE: THE UNIFICATION ENCYCLOPEDIA PROJECT" http://www.unification.net/misc/ency.html

"The central value in human life, which we may term "true love,"
means that which seeks the best for others and the betterment of human
life in all its dimensions. True love means living for others, giving
without thought of a return. Its source is transcendental, beyond the
self; the person who practices true love taps into an inexhaustible
reservoir of life. The various philosophies and religions of the world
speak of this value with a variety of emphases, aspects, and concepts,
such as: compassion, grace, justice, charity, liberation, righteousness,
and agape love. While recognizing that certain of these aspects may
sometimes be in tension (e.g., the well-known Jewish discussion of the
dichotomy between divine justice and divine mercy), we may regard the
positive tendency of all of them as aspects of a single divine and
universal value. This value, true love, is the aspiration and hope of
all human beings and the manifestation of the best in human nature. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_love

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the difference is Christ, Rex. all attempts at selfless love apart from Christ's justification and sanctification ends where it begin - selfish love and often (in the case of the hypies in the 60s) hedonism.

ENOCH2010

Aug 15, 2012
Selene said:
So much for Peter Romanus or whatever his name was. I don't know why some people bother trying to predict WHEN the world will end. I think the important question they should ask themselves is "are they prepared for Christ's Second Coming?"
Wasn't it one of them catholic saints that started that rumor

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
aspen2 said:

aspen2,
God's love IS His Word. True love does no man harm and serves God above all others. True love does not accept all of man's whims just to make them happy when it is a harmful thing they are doing. When we bring the Word of Truth to one who loves their evil deeds, they Will persecute you and tell you to SHUT UP.
I do not have a misguided understanding of love, but it appears that you may have. You are thinking with a carnal mind to accept everyone no matter their god or their beliefs, we are to be gaining understanding with the mind of Christ, the living Word. The way we love others is to free them from the grips of sinful lifestyles with God's Love who is Christ the Word who became flesh.
When Jesus comes, he is not coming as he did when we were under grace. The grace period will be over and all who are Anti-Word/Christ at that time will be under the Wrath of God. God is very serious about us knowing His Word intimately. Even our own family must be rejected if they refuse to submit to Christ and we must not be unfaithful to Christ for our family meaning we must not lie, cheat or steal,kill, covet etc.. for them or allow them to commit such deeds without warning them of the danger of HELL now and in the future. Love them by giving them the saving grace of the Word no matter how much it hurts you, love them anyway for the good of others.
Matt 10:32-40
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
KJV

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
aspen2 said:
the difference is Christ, Rex. all attempts at selfless love apart from Christ's justification and sanctification ends where it begin - selfish love and often (in the case of the hypies in the 60s) hedonism.
If it is Christ then I suggest you study up on the love in the new testament your love and bubbles theology lacks the truth about unconditional love agape as compared to philia, eros and storge. That's the same over sight your friend Walter Wink over looks when he's talking about two men in love.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i do not include any bubbles in my explaination of loving others - nothing easy about with Christ and impossible without Him. Selfless love also looks differently depending on the circumstances. The three words you used to describe different manifestations of love is hardly exhaustive - the greek language is just as reductionistic as all other human lannguages. Learning to love through Christ through serving others and worshipping God is the narrow road

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
What you believe is unificationism ------>>>> love and bubbles

I like the way you discredit definitions of words to fit what ever you chose them to, is that a self defense mechanism another ism so to say.