new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity is sinners saved by grace

That phrase appears no where in the Bible.

But the Bible says this:

"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." (Romans 5:10)

We are no longer sinning enemies of God.

We are reconciled born again saints now.

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin." (1 John 3:9)

Reactions: Taken

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That phrase appears no where in the Bible.

But the Bible says this:

"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." (Romans 5:10)

We are no longer sinning enemies of God.

We are reconciled born again saints now.

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin." (1 John 3:9)
We are reconciled, saved by his life

not saved because we achieved perfection (an impossible feat)

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Apparently then, you don’t seem to see what Jesus Christ had accomplished in His salvation, other than do away with the animal sacrifice for the forgiveness of sin. Have you not been saved by His grace and have been created anew, converted, and is now neither Jew nor Gentile, but a Christian? Why do you seem to have the mind of a Jew? It seems that you just missed the better part of the grace of God in Christ Jesus.

If a Christian lied for example and fails to ask God for forgiveness, then what? If he dies, even having just committed one sin, he is going to hell, for the wages of sin is death, even the second death in the lake of fire. Is that being under grace or being under law?
Your religion is for sinners.

Biblical Christianity is for saints.
Is that your refutation? Is that your answer to my questions? Well,….

Sorry, I don’t have any interest with what you posted there.

Tong
R3785

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I’m not the one that needs the special Once Saved Always Saved decoder when reading the Bible.

I just needs eyes to see and ears to hear what the scripture says.

You need a theological system to “understand” the scriptures “properly”.
What eyes? What ears?

Tong
R3786

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I bet you are just a barrel of laughs to hang out with

Probably not, because:

"But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not suitable: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God." (Ephesians 5:3-5)

You see, unlike you, I tremble at the word of God:

"…but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." (Isaiah 66:2)

Many folks today claiming to cherish the Bible do not tremble at the word. They freely twist the scripture and come up with ridiculous explanations with vain words to craftily change what the scriptures say so that they can be comfortable and guilt free in their sin they keep serving: vainly comforting themselves in the excuse of “it’s not habitual so I’m okay” nonsense.

And there’s plenty of false teachers out there to scratch their itching ears and strengthen their falsehood.

No need to fret and fidget and worry about what condition my soul is in...

Yeah, no need to worry about those “seemingly” threatening Bible verses anymore. No need to strive against the flesh. That’s easy. Sounds like the wide path:

"…for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:" (Matthew 7:13)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you seem to have the mind of a Jew?

Because of this:

"For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." (Romans 2:28-29)

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like I said @Michiah-Imla .... You just seem like a BARREL of FUN.

I don't find the words that you SPEAK to people in these forums WORTHY of my patience... or time... but every once in awhile... I just need to step in to remind you that you are CONDEMNING the brethren. and that is NOT pleasing to God. HAVE A NICE DAY.... in other words... you are DISMISSED.

Reactions: HisLife

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just need to step in to remind you that you are CONDEMNING the brethren.

I’m just following a biblical principle:

"So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman… ; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me." (Ezekiel 33:7)

Those prophets were very unpopular in their day. It’s no different today.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Probably not, because:

"But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not suitable: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God." (Ephesians 5:3-5)

You see, unlike you, I tremble at the word of God:

"…but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." (Isaiah 66:2)
Why do you tremble with that passage in Eph.5:3-5?

Tong
R3788

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because Paul wrote it. And the things that Paul wrote are God’s words (1 Corinthians 14:37).

I tremble at the word of God because:

"…to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." (Isaiah 66:2)

"…my heart standeth in awe of thy word." (Psalms 119:161)

Do you tremble at the word of God? Are you in awe of it?

If you were, you would understand the following:

"Stand in awe, and sin not" (Psalms 4:4)

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Why do you seem to have the mind of a Jew?
Because of this:

"For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." (Romans 2:28-29)
Well, I was not referring to that. I was referring to the mind of the Jew who is under the law of Moses.

A Jew has the mind of a Jew. A gentile has the mind of a gentile. A Christian had the mind of Christ.

Tong
R3789

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Because Paul wrote it. And the things that Paul wrote are God’s words (1 Corinthians 14:37).

I tremble at the word of God because:

"…to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." (Isaiah 66:2)

"…my heart standeth in awe of thy word." (Psalms 119:161)

Do you tremble at the word of God? Are you in awe of it?

If you were, you would understand the following:

"Stand in awe, and sin not" (Psalms 4:4)
Eph. 5:3-5 is the passage under consideration.

Why do you tremble at that? Are you concerned?

God’s word says that the wages of sin is death. Are you still concerned about that?

Tong
R3790

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Jew has the mind of a Jew. A gentile has the mind of a gentile. A Christian had the mind of Christ.

I have a renewed mind:

"…transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." (Romans 12:2)

And yes, I have the mind of Christ:

"…we have the mind of Christ." (1 Corinthians 2:16)

But you are in error in the phrases “mind of a Jew, Mind of a gentile”; all who are not in Christ all have this one mind regardless of race:

"For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." (Romans 8:6-8)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you tremble at that? Are you concerned?

Well, don’t you tremble?

"Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ" (Ephesians 6:5)

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to twist so many verses to arrive at Once Saved Always Saved.
Precious friend, there is NO twisting of Any Plain And Clear Scripture;
They are ALL "Taken At Face Value, The Way God Gave Them!":

God's OPERATION On All HIS New-born babes In CHRIST!

God's Eternal Assurance

The FEW that the critics use to Deny ALL Those above, are taken out
of God's Context, Misinterpreted, or Misrepresented {twisted}, violating
Bible "study" Rules, Especially!:

NEVER ever interpret The Many Plain Scriptures
by the "few" difficult verses, But, ALWAYS Always
Interpret
the few Obscure/Difficult/Dubious verses
By ALL Of The MANY Plain and Clear Passages Of
God’s Pure And Holy Word!

Be Blessed!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Wynona

Eternal security is biblical and so is true and is the truth. The child of God is secured in Christ Jesus. God keeps him/her. What is the matter is, it seems untrue to some if and when they begin to take salvation upon themselves. They begin to see their security as dependent on them instead of on the Savior. They are insecure in that they believe that they can, at will and at anytime they want, reject Jesus Christ. IF you are one of those who have a heart like so, then perhaps it’s time to evaluate yourself, if you really had been converted like Paul. Not saying that you aren’t. I believe you were. But you see, if one who claims to be a child of God and later rejects Christ Jesus, that amounts to rejecting the Father, or in other words, rejecting God. I don’t believe that any truly converted person like Paul would reject Jesus. Today Jews claims to believe in God, but they really do not. For if they do, they will believe in Jesus Christ.

Yes, man do have a choice. But what choice he have is only what choice is real to him. Meaning, one could only believe or not believe the gospel when he hears the gospel. Now, when the gospel comes to him, he could only believe or not believe what he gets to understand of the gospel. I think you know that the gospel is from God and is about the things of the Spirit of God. And I believe you have read Paul said that the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. Now, considering that, what becomes of free will or having a choice? Unless God quickens the spirit of the natural man, opening his spiritual eyes and ears, he will not really understand the gospel. Now, we see people hear the gospel, and some receive it and some don’t, some believe and some don’t, isn’t it? Have you wondered how could some reject such an amazing grace?

Now, if you had already made the choice sometime in the past regarding the gospel, are you still faced on making the choice? If so, then I think you had really not yet made the choice before. But if you really did, then that choice would no longer be a choice to make today or tomorrow, don’t you agree? I believe you have done so. So, by then you should be resting in God, in His words, in His promises, in His love, in His hands. Time to move on from that choice and be the child of God you are, doing the good works which God had prepared in advance for you to do.

Hope this helps. God bless!

Unless God quickens the spirit of the natural man, opening his spiritual eyes and ears, he will not really understand the gospel. Now, we see people hear the gospel, and some receive it and some don’t, some believe and some don’t, isn’t it? Have you wondered how could some reject such an amazing grace?

To see how all of this plays out in God’s Plan, one need go no farther than to check out the experience of “ Lydia, the Seller Of Purple “ Found In Acts 16....... It was said that God “ opened her heart” to receiving the Gospel .....Had that not happened, Lydia would have heard, considered it “ foolishness” and gone on about her business.....

All of this just proves the verse, “Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw him”...... the initiative to Save is God’s .....

All you foolish people out there that think that you will get Saved ,” when you are ready” , perhaps on your death- bed , might want to consider that you ain’t really the one in control.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the same; that is correct.

Wilfull sins had no sacrifice in the Old Testament either:

"But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him." (Numbers 15:30-31)

Matches perfectly with:

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries." (Hebrews 10:26-27)

You have to twist so many verses to arrive at Once Saved Always Saved.

Especially this one:

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin" (1 John 3:9)

And this one:

"He that committeth sin is of the devil" (1 John 3:8)

Our “twisting” is no more blatant than yours——- look how you “ twist” this one that only a blind man could deny....” He that Believes In Me “AREADY HAS” Eternal Life and shall “ NEVER” come into Condemnation” ...... it takes “Twisting” to an entirely new level to pervert That verse .....

Here is the bottom line—- you guys got roughly 200 verses at your disposal that “ seem” to deny OSAS.....they can ALL be debated and ultimately shown to be either verses that are taken out of context or are not being addressed to “ The Body Of Christ”.....No exceptions.

On the other hand, we that adhere to OSAS have roughly 400 verses that can not be debated or argued about.....how does a sane man debate “ Anybody that asks to be Saved, will be Saved”.......You either Believe it or you don’t believe it.....don’t tell me that you can debate something that clear.....

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our “twisting” is no more blatant than yours——- look how you “ twist” this one that only a blind man could deny....” He that Believes In Me “AREADY HAS” Eternal Life and shall “ NEVER” come into Condemnation” ...... it takes “Twisting” to an entirely new level to pervert That verse .....

You left out the bolded part:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." (John 5:24)

Try to HEAR his word here:

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." (Matthew 24:13)

Did you “hear” it?

Reactions: Corlove13

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He that Believes In Me “AREADY HAS” Eternal Life

No, he that believes on HIM that sent him:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." (John 5:24)

Reactions: Corlove13

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You left out the bolded part:

Try to HEAR his word here:

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." (Matthew 24:13)

Did you “hear” it?

You ever hear This? .....”Who is he that OVERCOMES ( Endures until the End) , but He that Believes that Jesus is the Son Of God?”

Ain’t no doubt about it—- we must “ endure” , we must “ overcome”..... we must do lots of things, according to the Word. It is GOD that gives us the POWER to do ALL that is required....Rest in the Gospel ....get His Spirit , and God will do the rest.....the “monkey” is on His Back, to put it bluntly......It is up to Him
to Finish what He started.....Anything Demanded by God will be Provided by God.....He was the one that Promised to “ Save to the Uttermost” All that would come to Him through Jesus....I did my part.....I rest as I watch Him do His part.....it takes FAITH to Rest......it is that “ Faith” that “ conquers the World”——- because of that Faith , you “WILL” Endure..... it’s pretty much a done deal in God’s Eyes ......If you choose to go through life, “ sweating bullets” about you ability to “ endure”, have at it ! As for Me? ......I’ll continue to Trust God and Rest.....Why worry about this stuff? Because I Rest in the Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing, Jesus made me a Promise.....He’s gonna present me to His Father as “ Blameless” .....I’ll leave it to Him to work out the details....I just do as ordered in Hebrews 3 and 4 ....I REST.....Try it— You’ll like it ! ( and If you will get out of the way, the Results will be so much better than if you try to do it all yourself)

God ain’t so much interested in what “ You” do as He is interested in what He can do “ through” you....For God's Sake , man.....let yourself off that stupid “ hook” you are on....God did 2000 years ago .....bask in His Grace....get a little true faith in you before you die....find out what “ Joy “ is.....That Joy should be as natural as your “ enduring” is.....God rewards those that obey Him by putting Joy in their Hearts. If you ain’t Resting , you ain’t Obeying.....You don’t seem to really Understand Christianity at all...True Christians do a lot more Smiling than they do Scowling.....something tells me you “ Scowl” a lot......Turn in your Scowl for a Smile....start Trusting God instead of yourself......