new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRUSTING JESUS

If you do not rely on Him now....how will you overcome the world, satan and the flesh...in your life you now live on earth?

And through teaching of Osas many will fall away because they heard a Gospel that only saves them to have "heaven " when they die;
Which skips over the saving that the Bible is usually Speaking of which is from present sins and circumstances in this life.

Which is the part of remaining in Him..
Usually it is skipped over because the person more likely was not born with new life..

For a life is Salvation...
He died , and through His death one is reconciled that we might be saved by His life.
Walking in the the newness of life .
This is how we are shaped and God creates people zealous for good works....

So ones who are reading this NOT PARTICIPATING IN TRYING TO WIN TO UPHOLD THEIR TEACHING...

asked yourself what/who you are trusting as foundation.
Is it what Jesus did? OR JESUS

FOR IT IS JESUS WHO GIVES LIFE AND CONTINUES TO UPHOLD YOU WHILE YOU ARE IN HIM.

FOR REDEMPTION AND FORGIVENESS ARE IN CHRIST.

ANOTHER WORDS YOU ARE NOT IN UNTIL YOU TRUST HIM FOR WHO HE IS....
HE IS THE SON OF GOD, AND LORD OVER ALL, THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS...KING,
COUNSELOR, PRINCE OF PEACE..ETC

TRUSTING HIM IS THE KICK START....FOR IT IS THE LIFE GIVEN THAT IS THE REALITY OF HIM KNOWN..

LIFE IS THE KICK START.....

THERE IS NO WAY TO THE FATHER BUT THROUGH THE SON.

IN HIM THERE IS LIFE....IN WHO? JESUS, SO TRUST JESUS, HE WILL BE IN YOU, AND WALK BY THE SPIRIT WHEREBY I BELIEVE YOU ARE IN HIM. FOR GOD IS IN THE LIGHT AND THERE IS NO DARKNESS IN HIM AT ALL "WALK AS CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT"

IF YOU RECEIVED THE SPIRIT, YOU HAVE A CHOICE NOW TO BE LED BY HIM, OR LED BY YOUR FLESH, WHAT YOU CAN DO IN YOUR NATURAL ABILITY.

THEREFORE IF YOU ARE LED BY THE SPIRIT YOU ARE SONS OF GOD. AND SO IT IS WRITTEN IN:

Deuteronomy 30:19: "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live."
From the above if you know you have life now as you live in obedience to Christ's teachings
Then surely you do not have to worry about where you are going when you die.....For the kingdom is not eating nor drinking but peace and Joy in the Holy Ghost. Would not He take his friends to heaven ? BUT KEY IS GETTING HEAVEN IN YOU NOW...

John 15:14
"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you."

John 14:23

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRUSTING JESUS

If you do not rely on Him now....how will you overcome the world, satan and the flesh...in your life you now live on earth?

And through teaching of Osas many will fall away because they heard a Gospel that only saves them to have "heaven " when they die;
Which skips over the saving that the Bible is usually Speaking of which is from present sins and circumstances in this life.

Which is the part of remaining in Him..
Usually it is skipped over because the person more likely was not born with new life..

For a life is Salvation...
He died , and through His death one is reconciled that we might be saved by His life.
Walking in the the newness of life .
This is how we are shaped and God creates people zealous for good works....

So ones who are reading this NOT PARTICIPATING IN TRYING TO WIN TO UPHOLD THEIR TEACHING...

asked yourself what/who you are trusting as foundation.
Is it what Jesus did? OR JESUS

FOR IT IS JESUS WHO GIVES LIFE AND CONTINUES TO UPHOLD YOU WHILE YOU ARE IN HIM.

FOR REDEMPTION AND FORGIVENESS ARE IN CHRIST.

ANOTHER WORDS YOU ARE NOT IN UNTIL YOU TRUST HIM FOR WHO HE IS....
HE IS THE SON OF GOD, AND LORD OVER ALL, THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS...KING,
COUNSELOR, PRINCE OF PEACE..ETC

TRUSTING HIM IS THE KICK START....FOR IT IS THE LIFE GIVEN THAT IS THE REALITY OF HIM KNOWN..

LIFE IS THE KICK START.....

THERE IS NO WAY TO THE FATHER BUT THROUGH THE SON.

IN HIM THERE IS LIFE....IN WHO? JESUS, SO TRUST JESUS, HE WILL BE IN YOU, AND WALK BY THE SPIRIT WHEREBY I BELIEVE YOU ARE IN HIM. FOR GOD IS IN THE LIGHT AND THERE IS NO DARKNESS IN HIM AT ALL "WALK AS CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT"

IF YOU RECEIVED THE SPIRIT, YOU HAVE A CHOICE NOW TO BE LED BY HIM, OR LED BY YOUR FLESH, WHAT YOU CAN DO IN YOUR NATURAL ABILITY.

THEREFORE IF YOU ARE LED BY THE SPIRIT YOU ARE SONS OF GOD. AND SO IT IS WRITTEN IN:

Deuteronomy 30:19: "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live."

We rely on Jesus for sanctification. I agree 100 %

But when you are doing it in order to maintain or keep yourself saved. Your producing self righteousness (because you are doing it to earn something for self) and not spiritual righteousness. whihc comes from working out of gratitude for what Christ did (giving us eternal life)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the above if you know you have life now as you live in obedience to Christ's teachings
Then surely you do not have to worry about where you are going when you die.....For the kingdom is not eating nor drinking but peace and Joy in the Holy Ghost.

John 15:14
"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you."

John 14:23

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Again, Your issue boils down to Gods requirement. He requires perfection (gal 3)

When will you trust that he who began a good work WILL COMPLETE IT.,

You can post these verses all you want. the more you continue to deny that God will do what he promised The verses are useless.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We rely on Jesus for sanctification. I agree 100 %

But when you are doing it in order to maintain or keep yourself saved. Your producing self righteousness (because you are doing it to earn something for self) and not spiritual righteousness. whihc comes from working out of gratitude for what Christ did (giving us eternal life)
I'd go further to say, the works that are true righteousness are when we are walking in the Spirit, otherwise, the works are of the flesh, even if we think they look good.

Much love!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I ask you in this new thread: what do you believe about the new version of OSAS?

The version that says that if you stop believing, you even continue to be saved?

I am very sad because this is a destructive heresy that has worked to remove the fear of the Lord from the church.

I used to believe that I couldn't lose my salvation and that to remove sin I had to simply trust more that God's grace covered me. But what I really needed to do was repent and turn away from my sin.

If only people would heed the warnings of Scripture instead of Augustine, John Calvin, and popular Bible teachers of today.

Jesus and the Scriptures do not teach that you are saved if you do not believe but rather teach believers to endure to the end and not be decieved by false teachers who would come in and turn God's grace into license.

There are many Scriptures that teach against this. But Ill start with a few.

Romans 11:20-22

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

In the church in the West, the lack of the fear of God has caused the Church to fall into a bad reputation because people believe they can live in sin but are saved because of eternal security (2 Peter 2:1-2)

Grace is conditional upon us continuing in it and you can fall from it.

Galatians 5:4

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

There is no such thing as "irresistible grace". We have a choice to either trust in Jesus or live lives after the flesh and enter judgment.

Jude 1:4

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Once Saved always Saved is unbiblical. It turns the grace of God into license because people believe that God has unconditionally chosen them the moment they got saved and that their sin doesn't matter because they are going to heaven regardless.

The Bible teaches that we must continue in grace (John 8:31, Acts 13:43, Romans 11:22)

The Bible teaches that we must endure to the end.
(Matthew 10:22, Matthew 24:13, James 1:12)

And Scripture warns about false teachers that creep in and gain great followings that entice barely escaped Christians back into a lifestyle of sin.

People say "How can you be unborn if you are born again?" But this is a logical fallacy. Its not a matter of being unborn but of spiritual death.

What did the Serpent say to Eve?: "Ye shall not surely die."

Its the same lie that OSAS teaches. There's no spiritual death from believers living in sin...God's grace covers sin past present and future... anyone who tries to be righteous is trusting in their own works!

But God's grace teaches us to deny Ungodliness.

Titus 2:11-12

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am very sad because this is a destructive heresy that has worked to remove the fear of the Lord from the church.

I used to believe that I couldn't lose my salvation and that to remove sin I had to simply trust more that God's grace covered me.
Precious friend, sorry to hear you are sad. So you do not believe in
The ALL-Sufficient BLOOD of The Saviour, JESUS CHRIST,
Which PAID For The PENALTY of ALL
sin?

CHRIST's FULL Sacrifice!

Be Blessed!
God's Simple Will

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ALL-Sufficient BLOOD of The Saviour, JESUS CHRIST,
Which PAID For The PENALTY of ALL
sin?

This is for the first time believers.

Not for those who have already believed.

Once your sins are forgiven by “the all sufficient” sacrifice of Christ you must take heed not to trample on that “all sufficient” sacrifice. As the scripture says:

"He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?" (Hebrews 10:28-29)

Reactions: Corlove13

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

I used to believe that I couldn't lose my salvation and that to remove sin I had to simply trust more that God's grace covered me. But what I really needed to do was repent and turn away from my sin.

If only people would heed the warnings of Scripture instead of Augustine, John Calvin, and popular Bible teachers of today.

Jesus and the Scriptures do not teach that you are saved if you do not believe but rather teach believers to endure to the end and not be decieved by false teachers who would come in and turn God's grace into license.

There are many Scriptures that teach against this. But Ill start with a few.

Romans 11:20-22

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

In the church in the West, the lack of the fear of God has caused the Church to fall into a bad reputation because people believe they can live in sin but are saved because of eternal security (2 Peter 2:1-2)

Grace is conditional upon us continuing in it and you can fall from it.

Galatians 5:4

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

There is no such thing as "irresistible grace". We have a choice to either trust in Jesus or live lives after the flesh and enter judgment.

Jude 1:4

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Once Saved always Saved is unbiblical. It turns the grace of God into license because people believe that God has unconditionally chosen them the moment they got saved and that their sin doesn't matter because they are going to heaven regardless.

The Bible teaches that we must continue in grace (John 8:31, Acts 13:43, Romans 11:22)

The Bible teaches that we must endure to the end.
(Matthew 10:22, Matthew 24:13, James 1:12)

And Scripture warns about false teachers that creep in and gain great followings that entice barely escaped Christians back into a lifestyle of sin.

People say "How can you be unborn if you are born again?" But this is a logical fallacy. Its not a matter of being unborn but of spiritual death.

What did the Serpent say to Eve?: "Ye shall not surely die."

Its the same lie that OSAS teaches. There's no spiritual death from believers living in sin...God's grace covers sin past present and future... anyone who tries to be righteous is trusting in their own works!

But God's grace teaches us to deny Ungodliness.

Titus 2:11-12

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Hi @Wynona

Eternal security is biblical and so is true and is the truth. The child of God is secured in Christ Jesus. God keeps him/her. What is the matter is, it seems untrue to some if and when they begin to take salvation upon themselves. They begin to see their security as dependent on them instead of on the Savior. They are insecure in that they believe that they can, at will and at anytime they want, reject Jesus Christ. IF you are one of those who have a heart like so, then perhaps it’s time to evaluate yourself, if you really had been converted like Paul. Not saying that you aren’t. I believe you were. But you see, if one who claims to be a child of God and later rejects Christ Jesus, that amounts to rejecting the Father, or in other words, rejecting God. I don’t believe that any truly converted person like Paul would reject Jesus. Today Jews claims to believe in God, but they really do not. For if they do, they will believe in Jesus Christ.

Yes, man do have a choice. But what choice he have is only what choice is real to him. Meaning, one could only believe or not believe the gospel when he hears the gospel. Now, when the gospel comes to him, he could only believe or not believe what he gets to understand of the gospel. I think you know that the gospel is from God and is about the things of the Spirit of God. And I believe you have read Paul said that the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. Now, considering that, what becomes of free will or having a choice? Unless God quickens the spirit of the natural man, opening his spiritual eyes and ears, he will not really understand the gospel. Now, we see people hear the gospel, and some receive it and some don’t, some believe and some don’t, isn’t it? Have you wondered how could some reject such an amazing grace?

Now, if you had already made the choice sometime in the past regarding the gospel, are you still faced on making the choice? If so, then I think you had really not yet made the choice before. But if you really did, then that choice would no longer be a choice to make today or tomorrow, don’t you agree? I believe you have done so. So, by then you should be resting in God, in His words, in His promises, in His love, in His hands. Time to move on from that choice and be the child of God you are, doing the good works which God had prepared in advance for you to do.

Hope this helps. God bless!

Tong
R3775

Last edited:

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Once your sins are forgiven by “the all sufficient” sacrifice of Christ you must take heed not to trample on that “all sufficient” sacrifice. As the scripture says:

"He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?" (Hebrews 10:28-29)

But there There is no more condemnation for those who are in christ, So your list you come up with Does not aply to Christians no matter what you say does it....But Some Have never believed in the all sufficient blood of Jesus but still want the benifits, They try work to earn it because they dont have it, It shows in your Contradicting line

Once your sins are forgiven by “the all sufficient” sacrifice of Christ you must take heed not to trample on that “all sufficient” sacrifice. As the scripture says

If your sins are forgiven by the all sufficient Blood then there is There is no more condemnation for those who are in christ, But you say take heed to not trample the Blood But that cannot happen, that it is only for the ones that Dont believe in the all sufficient blood they reject it trample it,But lets deal with facts Either it is sufficient or it is not,you cant have it both ways, Im saying It is, You say only if.... thats makes you the rejecter of the all suficcient Blood not as opinnion but Fact, You put terms on it that you fail yourself

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

It is not as though what Christ have done is limited to what you say there. That all that Christ have done was so that the sins of those who believes will have forgiveness by His sacrifice and the believer gets to just have a fresh start. If that were so, and because he surely will commit sin after that, that would all be then for naught. With sin again, he is again under condemnation and needs to be saved yet again. You may argue that he now have access to God through Jesus Christ and ask for forgiveness of his sins. While that is true, that does not take away the fact that whenever he sins, he is under condemnation and needs to be saved yet again. If one lied for example and fails to ask God for forgiveness, then what? That sin is enough to send one to hell. It’s basically the same under the old covenant law of Moses. Keep all the commandments, for if one breaks one law, he is judged to be a transgressor, a sinner, and is under a curse. That one gets to not be under condemnation only as long as he keeps the whole law, after every time his sins were forgiven by offering the prescribed sacrifice for the forgiveness of his sins. Else, if he dies, even just committed one sin, he is going to hell. For the wages of sin is death, even the second death in the lake of fire.

Tong
R3776

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s basically the same under the old covenant law of Moses. That one gets to not be under condemnation as long as he keeps the whole law, after every time his sins were forgiven by offering the prescribed sacrifice for the forgiveness of his sins.

It is the same; that is correct.

Wilfull sins had no sacrifice in the Old Testament either:

"But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him." (Numbers 15:30-31)

Matches perfectly with:

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries." (Hebrews 10:26-27)

You have to twist so many verses to arrive at Once Saved Always Saved.

Especially this one:

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin" (1 John 3:9)

And this one:

"He that committeth sin is of the devil" (1 John 3:8)

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Matches perfectly with:

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries." (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Especially this one:

And this one:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

John 8 :24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

People that are born Again Don't Commit the unforgivable Sin of Rejecting Christ, They have Believed on Him already

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
It’s basically the same under the old covenant law of Moses. That one gets to not be under condemnation as long as he keeps the whole law, after every time his sins were forgiven by offering the prescribed sacrifice for the forgiveness of his sins.
It is the same; that is correct.

Wilfull sins had no sacrifice in the Old Testament either:

"But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him." (Numbers 15:30-31)

Matches perfectly with:

Especially this one:

And this one:

Apparently then, you don’t seem to see what Jesus Christ had accomplished in His salvation, other than do away with the animal sacrifice for the forgiveness of sin. Have you not been saved by His grace and have been created anew, converted, and is now neither Jew nor Gentile, but a Christian? Why do you seem to have the mind of a Jew? It seems that you just missed the better part of the grace of God in Christ Jesus.

If a Christian lied for example and fails to ask God for forgiveness, then what? If he dies, even having just committed one sin, he is going to hell, for the wages of sin is death, even the second death in the lake of fire. Is that being under grace or being under law?

Tong
R3783

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But there There is no more condemnation for those who are in christ, So your list you come up with Does not aply to Christians no matter what you say does it....But Some Have never believed in the all sufficient blood of Jesus but still want the benifits, They try work to earn it because they dont have it, It shows in your Contradicting line

If your sins are forgiven by the all sufficient Blood then there is There is no more condemnation for those who are in christ, But you say take heed to not trample the Blood But that cannot happen, that it is only for the ones that Dont believe in the all sufficient blood they reject it trample it,But lets deal with facts Either it is sufficient or it is not,you cant have it both ways, Im saying It is, You say only if.... thats makes you the rejecter of the all suficcient Blood not as opinnion but Fact, You put terms on it that you fail yourself
One is either believing or not believing.
There is no condemnation for those who "walk.."..Because one has "life"....

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently then, you don’t seem to see what Jesus Christ had accomplished in His salvation, other than do away with the animal sacrifice for the forgiveness of sin. Have you not been saved by His grace and have been created anew, converted, and is now neither Jew nor Gentile, but a Christian? Why do you seem to have the mind of a Jew? It seems that you just missed the better part of the grace of God in Christ Jesus.

If a Christian lied for example and fails to ask God for forgiveness, then what? If he dies, even having just committed one sin, he is going to hell, for the wages of sin is death, even the second death in the lake of fire. Is that being under grace or being under law?

Tong
R3783

Your religion is for sinners.

Biblical Christianity is for saints.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my goodness... Can you possibly pervert the Gospel any deeper ????

I’m not the one that needs the special Once Saved Always Saved decoder when reading the Bible.

I just needs eyes to see and ears to hear what the scripture says.

You need a theological system to “understand” the scriptures “properly”.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’m not the one that needs the special Once Saved Always Saved decoder when reading the Bible.

I just needs eyes to see and ears to hear what the scripture says.

You need a theological system to “understand” the scriptures “properly”.
I bet you are just a barrel of laughs to hang out with. Mr. Personality even... LOL
I live my life with JOY and in PEACE... because ..... wait for it........ My God has
promised to FINISH within me what HE has begun... which is a GOOD WORK.

No need to fret and fidget and worry about what condition my soul is in... which
leaves me the entire day to simply PRAISE and WORSHIP JESUS CHRIST...who
happens to be the LOVER of my soul.

You should try it.... It's simple... even a child can understand the Gospel of Grace.