new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew your answer before you said it.... lol, but thanks for the input...I agree, I suspect amigo Won't answer the same tho

Inanutshell ~
* Jesus Offered His life for the entire world.
* The Offering IS "THEIRS" to Accept.
* Salvation and Forever Life is expressly promised to men "who Accept" His Offering (Before their natural bodily death.)
* Men have been given opportunity to "experience" the Holy Spirit "WITH" them.
(It is called "TASTING").
* Men CONFUSE "tasting", with a man "Accepting" Jesus' Offering.
* Men can TASTE, and BELIEVE, and STOP believing. (The Holy Spirit IS WITH them, WHILE they are Believing)
* Men who TASTE, BELIEVE, "KEEP Tasting," Increase IN FAITH, "ACCEPT" Jesus' Offering, ARE MEN WHO BECOME SAVED & BORN AGAIN.
* They Accomplished TWO specific things...
(Tasted AND Accepted)
* The Lord Accomplishes TWO specific Things.
( WITH AND IN them)
* Men LOSE "THEIR" Salvation BY NOT ACCEPTING "THEIR" Offered Salvation.
* No one "RECEIVES" Salvation, "THEN" Loses their Salvation.

Glory to God,
Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok great Do you believe Someone can Become Born again Child of God here on Earth and then later they can someway somehow Lose their Salvation and End up in Hell?
Yes many do believe and fall away . Course john says they were never truly of us .
Thus my approach is , we better make sure we are following the biblical JESUS .
Cause that is what i notice that most do not do . So then the question becomes do they themselves really know Him
or are they following mens doctrines . And you guessed it , it is the latter .
If JESUS told His own , on earth and from heaven they must endure to the end , I dont see why the big ado
is made when i say and remind others to do the same .
IF peter knew those he wrote to knew the truth , but warned them as well , BUT take beware lest you too
be taken in with the error of the wicked and fall from your own steadfastness . That when i warn
we must continue in Christ and not take hold on the great wicked all inclusive lie , Why that is such a problem .
Fact is the early church warned folks THEY DID have to continue in the goodness of GOD .
Why the big ado is when i just warn the same . You see , a lamb should know They must continue to the end .
Yet just the reminder and some folks act like those who actually warn it , DONT trust in CHRIST .
BUT if CHRIST Said it , THEN IT IS HE I TRUST IN . HE said those who endure to the END would be saved .
HE said that . And i beleive HIM over men . We need to take every promise and heed also every warning .
We should behold both the goodness and severity of GOD . But many do not .
The battle has now become , Not OASAS or NON OSAS for me , ITS BECOME FOLKS better learn the biblical Christ
I watch both sides mess things up . The thing is , LEARN the biblical JESUS well .
BE hearers and doers , or we simply are truly deceiving ourselves . Anyone who knows Christ , the biblical one , would
have the SPIRIT and if they do they would be hearers and doers . FOR HE GIVES us the desire to do and the ability to do .
THEY would also , now take note , ALSO remind others to DO the same . BY that same Spirit .
SO Why is it so attacked by so many , when one reminds we must be hearers and doers of the word or we are deceiving ourselves .
Most folks are not truly learning JESUS . YET if we have the SPIRIT it would point us RIGHT to that JESUS . SO my question
now is , WHY are so many listening to men explain away scriptures . FOR If we had the SPIRIT would we not just
be embracing all things taught . WHY the need to explain away some scriptures . EVERY WORD of GOD , every Word
HE inspired whether warning or promise , IS FOR OUR GOOD . SO WHY explain away the warnings . WHY do that .
SEE something is OFF in some folks . ANd i see it on both sides . SO instead of debating this same topic over and over and over
again . MY mission is to point folks back to the biblical JESUS . Back to reading the bible , FOR OURSELVES and often .

Reactions: Corlove13

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes many do believe and fall away . Course john says they were never truly of us .

Only read this far...such a daunting task to break down a post from you that long....ill deal with first-line first, I worded the question specifically I think you know that...I said if they were born again, Like I tell you frienduf I have trouble taking you seriously..twisting accusing running, real nice works you boast about huh, So you are saying they can be born again then lose Salvation then they were never of us, Can you see that makes literally no sense no matter how you look at it, Read the Question I asked if they where born again could they , you said Yes, So the only option left is to consider you an unbeliever at this point and I will try and be more patient with you

Last edited:

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
By the way, if someone is born again they are Children of God, My point you refuse to acknowledge is that you are saying a child of God can be thrown into hell, you even said Yes, So why the denial in the first place, The First Step of the Gospel In 1 corinthians 15 is that Jesus Died for Christians Sins, We could discuss the First line of the gospel Message, maybe we should start there?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way, if someone is born again they are Children of God, My point you refuse to acknowledge is that you are saying a child of God can be thrown into hell, you even said Yes, So why the denial in the first place, The First Step of the Gospel In 1 corinthians 15 is that Jesus Died for Christians Sins, We could discuss the First line of the gospel Message, maybe we should start there?
What happened to Adam? What is death?

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Gen 2:17

"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat." Gen 3:6

Who was the Father of Adam?

"...which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God." Luke 3:38

Is God a respecter of persons?

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What happened to Adam? What is death?

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Gen 2:17

"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat." Gen 3:6

Who was the Father of Adam?

"...which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God." Luke 3:38

Is God a respecter of persons?

And all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and the wages of sin is death, we were all born in the same situation, But in the New Testament and the Gospel, in the person of Jesus there is the solution, I don't see you provide the solution, That is the difference, We are not in the pre fallen Garden of Eden we are in the New Testament we have the revelation of Jesus, that Came to Save the Lost and he Died for there Sins Its the Base of the new Covenant, If that is not applied they are still in their Sins. If someone confesses they don't believe Jesus Died for their Sins and God sends his Children to Hell, I'm not gonna say you are doing great keep it up im gonna point them to the first line of the Gospel Because I don't think they have passed the first step, You encourage them all you want, but im not

Times of ignorance is over we have the Revelation of the image of the liuving God

Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and the wages of sin is death, we were all born in the same situation, But in the New Testament and the Gospel, in the person of Jesus there is the solution, I don't see you provide the solution, That is the difference, We are not in the pre fallen Garden of Eden we are in the New Testament we have the revelation of Jesus, that Came to Save the Lost and he Died for there Sins Its the Base of the new Covenant, If that is not applied they are still in their Sins. If someone confesses they don't believe Jesus Died for their Sins and God sends his Children to Hell, I'm not gonna say you are doing great keep it up im gonna point them to the first line of the Gospel Because I don't think they have passed the first step, You encourage them all you want, but im not

Times of ignorance is over we have the Revelation of the image of the liuving God

Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
I have supplied the solution as I see it on this forum many times, but the question and answer here is what is the difference between the OT and the NT requirements and gifts? In the NT a person following the Way of Jesus is given more than people were given in the OT.

Much more is given and much more is required!

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have supplied the solution as I see it on this forum many times, but the question and answer here is what is the difference between the OT and the NT requirements and gifts? In the NT a person following the Way of Jesus is given more than people were given in the OT.

Much more is given and much more is required!

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

We haven't spoken so I'm dealing with here and now, But you bring an interesting point I now have to address, Yes we have The spirit, But we are many members, so now What have I been given and what is required of Me? Can you tell me? or is it even any of your business? But will make it so now

If someone sets up another site and scheme against others, then put plans into effect to accuse and try trap Christians, as a fact not opinion, and its been going on for many years over multiple sites with many of my friends, They know what they believe, they teach this on purpose, we are not dealing with a noobie but a very concerted effort, Now what have I been given and what is required of Me? Your timing and introduction is interesting but Hi, Why are you so friendly and supportive of someone that comes to Christians with such a message, If I apply The verse back to You how do you think you will fair

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We haven't spoken so I'm dealing with here and now, But you bring an interesting point I now have to address, Yes we have The spirit, But we are many members, so now What have I been given and what is required of Me? Can you tell me? or is it even any of your business? But will make it so now

If someone sets up another site and scheme against others, then put plans into effect to accuse and try trap Christians, as a fact not opinion, and its been going on for many years over multiple sites with many of my friends, They know what they believe, they teach this on purpose, we are not dealing with a noobie but a very concerted effort, Now what have I been given and what is required of Me? Your timing and introduction is interesting but Hi, Why are you so friendly and supportive of someone that comes to Christians with such a message, If I apply The verse back to You how do you think you will fair
I don' t know you and I therefore know little of nothing of your abilities and gifts as given by God and as developed in you as you have walked with and grown walk with Him. What does God require of you? I do not know what part of the Body of Christ you are with what functions assigned to you to perform? How could I know unless God revealed it to me. He has not!

But consider the power of a man and the power of God:

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you:" Acts 1:8

Has the Holy Ghost come upon you? Is that not the power of God in you? If we having the power of God in us what is it that prevents us from doing things even as Jesus did them?

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." John 14:12

What happens to prevent us from doing the things that Jesus did and even greater things would be what? Quenching the Spirit of God and thus limiting Him within ourselves. Thus Apostle Paul warns us:

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

We quench the Spirit and we diminished the power of God in us. Like those in the OT, we limit God !

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

Reactions: Cooper

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don' t know you and I therefore know little of nothing of your abilities and gifts as given by God and as developed in you as you have walked with and grown walk with Him. What does God require of you? I do not know what part of the Body of Christ you are with what functions assigned to you to perform? How could I know unless God revealed it to me. He has not!

But consider the power of a man and the power of God:

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you:" Acts 1:8

Has the Holy Ghost come upon you? Is that not the power of God in you? If we having the power of God in us what is it that prevents us from doing things even as Jesus did them?

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." John 14:12

What happens to prevent us from doing the things that Jesus did and even greater things would be what? Quenching the Spirit of God and thus limiting Him within ourselves. Thus Apostle Paul warns us:

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

We quench the Spirit and we diminished the power of God in us. Like those in the OT, we limit God !

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock

Exactly But you haven't Asked either, But you did quote Luke 12:48 Which I find interesting in the context, I get your point and I did say as one of my last points I will try and be more patient with them, So Think of the point you came in with after that and What standard are you actually using, But regardless I will take your point and think on it.

You used that judgment so lets put the same back on you, In pauls teachings to the church revealed in the New Testament, How would Paul who taught the church teach to deal with people that Reject The Blood of Jesus willingly, and or try to scheme and do harm to people weak in the faith on purpose, Be nice to them? Sing and praises with them? Love them no matter what? or protect the flock, kick them out, Don't even eat with them etc That's where the verse you use comes back to you And what you are doing. There is a responsibility to Feed and Protect the Sheep especially from ones that want to destroy them, Not encourage them sings songs and praise with them while they are doing it and then stick up for them, what's the judgment and consequences for that? Love Can Hate what opposes it, God is Love But God can Hate there are very serious standards and hypocrisy is very dangerous. But you came in with your view on the matter but The same is back to you now, I'll think on what you said, I hope you do the same And think on The consequences for your actions as well

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok great Do you believe Someone can Become Born again Child of God here on Earth and then later they can someway somehow Lose their Salvation and End up in Hell?
Another oopsy is to assume you can walk the broad road that leads to destruction, believing it is the road to glory.

Although we are not saved by works, we should be living a life that is pleasing to God who looks on the heart and knows our innermost thoughts.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Another oopsy is to assume you can walk the broad road that leads to destruction, believing it is the road to glory.

Although we are not saved by works, we should be living a life that is pleasing to God who looks on the heart and knows our innermost thoughts.

Don't Do That Then Cooper, Jesus Is the Way

We are Saved By Grace through Faith not of Works, Doesnt everyone understand God knows our innermost thoughts, The children I know understand that, But we can only Live a Life Pleasing to God If God is in us and Working through us, God Gets the Glory

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see Froggy has been busy this morning... Good morning/evening to you.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don't Do That Then Cooper, Jesus Is the Way

We are Saved By Grace through Faith not of Works, Doesnt everyone understand God knows our innermost thoughts, The children I know understand that, But we can only Live a Life Pleasing to God If God is in us and Working through us, God Gets the Glory
If we do not live a life that is pleasing to God, what then?

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If we do not live a life that is pleasing to God, what then?

What happens when a child is not pleasing to their Father, wouldn't a Good Father give them Direction or even discipline if needed, What do you think a father should do to a child that is not living A life that is pleasing to them?

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What happens when a child is not pleasing to their Father, wouldn't a Good Father give them Direction or even discipline if needed, What do you think a father should do to a child that is not living A life that is pleasing to them?
If the child is sufficiently wayward it will be disinherited.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If the child is sufficiently wayward it will be disinherited.
Oh Cooper... I know you have me on ignore but this is horrifying.... I had a father who abandoned me as a child... He just walked out
the door without even a goodbye... when I was 14... To state that you would disinherit a child ( no matter how bad )... is alarming.
Hopefully you are not a father... The world needs GOOD fathers.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I see Froggy has been busy this morning... Good morning/evening to you.

Hi buddy these Forums are exhausting to be honest, Not much joy to hang around people that Don't Even Believe in Fundamentals of the Faith and sing and dance While denying Jesus Blood was sufficient and Christians Can go to hell, But you have to be nice to the legalist because they always ready to judge you for not been nice or loving enough even while singing while accusing others to hell, The extremes of hypocrisy. Tough Place When you could spend time with ya kids or go out in the sun....BB deserves a medal putting up with the blasphemy day in day out will finish some points deal with some issues, But are you able to find many posts in this place praising Jesus? Giving thanks, I find Lots of boasting about works...how Good have you been today Addy Pffft