new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is 100 Percent Free
Yes, I totally agree. Just as we read in John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that He GAVE His only Son..." Bolded and underlined word is to emphasize Salvation is 100% free.

but Eternal Rewards are 100 percent Earned!
NOT in this life time nor in the world to come!

Consider the following Scripture verses:

Luke 18:28-30

28 Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee.
29 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God’s sake,
30 Who shall not receive manifold [many times] more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.

Luke 17:10

10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, "We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do."

Proof there are no rewards except ETERNAL LIFE!

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Yes, I totally agree. Just as we read in John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that He GAVE His only Son..." Bolded and underlined word is to emphasize Salvation is 100% free.

29 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God’s sake,
30 Who shall not receive manifold [many times] more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.

10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, "We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do."

To God Be The Glory
Eternal life is not a reward, it is a gift.

Tong
R3392

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I give scant conscience effort to “ do do this and don’t do that “......the Rules and Commands seem to have a way of taking care of themselves.....Faith will bring about Obedience.
There is no question that faith is how we are able to obey God's commands. But don't you read the long sections of commands given to us in NT? By reading them and remembering them we learn how to love God and others. Obedience is about learning what pleases God (Ephesians 5:10 Ephesians 5:17) and then doing it through the love and the encouragement of His presence inside of us as those situations come up in life. God gave us those lengthy passages of NT scripture for a reason. The commands 'love God, love others' doesn't replace them. It keeps them.

Last edited:

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think salvation is if not rescue from sin?

Do you think that if you keep sinning you don't remain saved?

Who does not sin? I think you mean, sin too much, but that would be as if to say, some sin is OK? I know that can't be what you think, but that's the logic of the position.

God won't accept sin in His presence, so either He's cleansed us from sin like He said, or ain't none of us gonna be there.

Much love!

One must walk in the Light to be cleansed of all sin to be accounted worthy of Heaven.

1 John 1
[6] If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
[7] But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the parable of the sower, persecutions show when the person "received the word with joy", but "had no root in themself", as they fall away.

And according to Peter, persecutions show when the person's faith is genuine, as endurance is the proof of a genuine faith.

So no, belief that doesn't last is not a saving faith.

Much love!

The parable of the sower shows that one can indeed fall away when offenses come because of the Word. The person was saved, but let go of Salvation when the going got tough. So, the Scriptures confirm that OSAS is false teaching.

Luke 8
[4] And when much people were gathered together, and were come to him out of every city, he [Jesus] spake by a parable:
[5] A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.
[6] And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.
[7] And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it.
[8] And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
[9] And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be?
[10] And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
[11] Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
[12] Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
[13] They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
[14] And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
[15] But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty sure we HAVE to abide in The Vine....
John 15:4
"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me."

Reactions: 07-07-07

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
There is no question that faith is how we are able to obey God's commands. But don't you read the long sections of commands given to us in NT? By reading them and remembering them we learn how to love God and others. Obedience is about learning what pleases God (Ephesians 5:10 Ephesians 5:17) and then doing it through the love and the encouragement of His presence inside of us as those situations come up in life. God gave us those lengthy passages of NT scripture for a reason. The commands 'love God, love others' doesn't replace them. It keeps them.
Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.

John tells us how we will know if one knows the Lord.

Tong
R3393

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God saved us for selfish reasons...it gives “ HIM” pleasure to give His “ CHILDREN” pleasure.The Universe got Lucky....Jesus went to the Cross and “ endured it’s shame” because of “ the Reward set before Him”.....Love was the Foundation Of all of this......once again I say—-we just got Lucky....
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in the Bible is this stipulated?

To God Be The Glory

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)
The holy church founded by Christ is the ark of salvation!

But it does not need be in the Bible, it must be revealed by Christ and taught by His church. (Apostles)

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 9:4 why persecute me?

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Matt 16:17-19

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Must be taught by the holy church by the apostles! Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Acts 2:42

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal life is not a reward, it is a gift.
Is not that what I have conveyed in my last post? Read the last sentence.

The word "gave" in John 3:16 in a sense is "never earned" nor is the word "free." You are speaking semantics!

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!
Yes the word apostle means to be sent, so are ALL believers, as per Matthew 28:19-20.

Your church have a false understanding and interpretation of 1 Timothy 3:15. In fact, there is NONE laid than that of Jesus Christ [John 14:6], who is the pillar and ground of TRUTH, and never any church for that matter!

MARY CAN NEVER BE WHAT YOU AND YOUR CHURCH MAKE HER TO BE!!!

Do you even know who the two Cherubins on top of the ark represents. No they are NOT angels as it's taught!

To God Be The Glory

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory
Precious friend, Thanks So Much for your Valuable input. Please notice:

Prophecy/law/gospel of the kingdom for ISRAEL!:
Luke_18:28-30, 17:10 Proof there are no rewards except ETERNAL LIFE!?

Rightly Divided (2_Timothy_2:15!) From “Things That DIFFER!:

Mystery/Gospel Of GRACE For The Body Of CHRIST!:
Bema Seat Judgement of works (1 Corinthians 3 : 8-15 KJB!), For Rewards:

1Ti_5:18 For The Scripture Saith,
Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth
out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.
?= 100 Percent Earned, by labour?:

1Co_9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things.
Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. reward?

2Ti_4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which
The LORD, The Righteous Judge, shall give me At That {Judgment?} Day:
and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His Appearing.

Will we receive reward, according to our "labour"?:

1Co 3:8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and
every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
1Co 3:9 For we are labourers together with God:
ye are God's husbandry,
ye are God's building.

1Co 3:10 According to The GRACE Of God Which Is Given unto me, as a
wise masterbuilder, I have laid The Foundation, and another buildeth Thereon.
But let every man take heed how he buildeth Thereupon.
1Co 3:11
For other foundation can no man lay than That Is Laid, Which Is JESUS CHRIST.

1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon This Foundation gold, silver, precious stones,
wood, hay, stubble;

1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for The {JUDGMENT} Day
shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try
every man's work of what sort it is.

1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built Thereupon,
he shall receive a reward.

1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself
Shall Be Saved; yet so as by fire.
+
2Ti_2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with HIM: {reward?}
if we deny Him, He also will deny us {loss of reward?}:

Thus: "Salvation is 100 Percent Free, But Eternal Rewards
{incorruptible crown/reigning With HIM!} are 100 percent Earned!"

Be Blessed!

Last edited:

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory
Revelation 22:12
“Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done."

Proportionate reward assigned by the Lord.
Revelation 22:12 Themes and Topics

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, Thanks So Much for your Valuable input.

Likewise I'm sure.

Thus: "Salvation is 100 Percent Free, But Eternal Rewards
{incorruptible crown/reigning With HIM!} are 100 percent Earned!"

After all the comments you have declared in post #433, are you denying the contents of what Jesus said in:

Luke 17:9-10

9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow [think] not.
10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

And

30 Who shall not receive manifold [many times]more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.

To God Be The Glory

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the word apostle means to be sent, so are ALL believers, as per Matthew 28:19-20.

Your church have a false understanding and interpretation of 1 Timothy 3:15. In fact, there is NONE laid than that of Jesus Christ [John 14:6], who is the pillar and ground of TRUTH, and never any church for that matter!

MARY CAN NEVER BE WHAT YOU AND YOUR CHURCH MAKE HER TO BE!!!

Do you even know who the two Cherubins on top of the ark represents. No they are NOT angels as it's taught!

To God Be The Glory

cherubims are not angels?

Mary is not the mother of God?
Not a perpetual Virgin?
Not the mother of our savior?

the church is not one with Christ?
It’s not Christ’s church?
It does not continue His ministry and mission?

Did I miss anything?

mine please explain this mess you made?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Absolutely! Please read post #437.

cherubims are not angels?

Definitely not! First you must define what is the Ark of the Covenant, [not according to your church's definition but the Bible's definition] then perhaps you might "get" it's meaning.

Mary is not the mother of God?

When God created the world it was very good and He created everything that has life after it's own kind. To be the mother of God Mary had to be a God also.

Not a perpetual Virgin?

NEVER! Not according to Mark 6:3 where it stipulates, "is not this the carpenter the son of Mary, the brother of James and Joses, and of Juda and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him."

HOW TRUE! People get offended when Mark 6:3 is brought up today, especially with the Catholics!

Not the mother of our savior?

NO! She doesn't qualify even if the word "God" is spelled with a little "g." Furthermore, this is what your mother Mary had to say in her Magnificat:
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my SAVIOUR.

the church is not one with Christ?
It’s not Christ’s church?

No! BECAUSE you preach another Christ than that of the Bible!
Jesus said in John 10:14: "I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine."
And, in John 10:27: "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

You do not know Jesus therefore you and your church do not follow Him.

It does not continue His ministry and mission?[/QUOTE]

NO! You believe your church is the pillar and ground of truth instead of God.

Did I miss anything?

Only those important things about God you failed to understand to teach.

mine please explain this mess you made?

My oh my! My mess? You and your church teach heresy and you blame me for showing you the error of your ways? Well, what gall and audacity!

Ask God for forgiveness and be like the publican of Luke 18 who when he saw Jesus coming fell on his knees, smote his breast and cried, "have mercy on me a sinner!"

To God Be The Glory