new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely! Please read post #437.

Definitely not! First you must define what is the Ark of the Covenant, [not according to your church's definition but the Bible's definition] then perhaps you might "get" it's meaning.

So tell us!
At the entrance to the garden of eden God put angels, cherubims!

When God created the world it was very good and He created everything that has life after it's own kind. To be the mother of God Mary had to be a God also.

never said Mary was the source of God,
She was created by God, but she is the mother of Jesus Christ who is a God, she is the mother of His entire person so she is the mother of God, and the Bible says so Lk 1:43
And Jesus Christ is our salvation Lk 2:30
So she is the mother of our salvation and because she found our salvation Lk 1:30 and consented to our salvation Lk 1:38

NEVER! Not according to Mark 6:3 where it stipulates, "is not this the carpenter the son of Mary, the brother of James and Joses, and of Juda and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him."

HOW TRUE! People get offended when Mark 6:3 is brought up today, especially with the Catholics!

I’m not offended, they are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 God provides a sign, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son! (Singular, one son)

Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They had 4 mother’s, These may be brothers but they are simply not the children of One mother and the brothers of Jesus are not the children of Mary!

Jose’s, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Is Mary the mother of James?
If you mean the Blessed Virgin Mary then no. Her sister-in-law, Mary of Clopas, was the wife of Alphaeus (St. Joseph's brother), and mother of Simon, Joseph, and the apostles Judas Thaddeus, and James (the Less, brother of the Lord): Jesus' cousins.

The "sisters" of Jesus refer to women disciples.

Salome, or Mary Salome, was the wife of Zebedee, and mother of apostles John (the beloved), and James (the greater).

Regarding Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3, two of the four "brethren" are James and Judas of Alphaeus (cf. Mat. 10:2-3, Lk. 6:15-16, Act. 1:13). The third, Joseph, is identified in Mk. 15:40 as the brother of James of Alphaeus. The fourth, Simon, is identified in Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3 as the brother of Joseph, James, and Judas of Alphaeus. Therefore, all four are were the sons of Alphaeus, not St. Joseph and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

When Jesus was twelve they went up to Jerusalem, the holy family, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. Where are the brothers and sisters?

Jesus on the cross gives His mother to John, why? Why not James or a brother? Perhaps the law of Moses requires a mother to be given to the next oldest son? Because he was an only Son!
Only begotten of the Father, only begotten of the Mother.

Martin Luther

It is an article of faith that Mary is Mother of the Lord and still a virgin. … Christ, we believe, came forth from a womb left perfectly intact. (Weimer’s The Works of Luther, English translation by Pelikan, Concordia, St. Louis, v. 11, pp. 319-320; v. 6. p. 510.)

John Calvin

(On the Heretic Helvidius) Helvidius displayed excessive ignorance in concluding that Mary must have had many sons, because Christ’s “brothers” are sometimes mentioned. (Harmony of Matthew, Mark and Luke, sec. 39 [Geneva, 1562], vol. 2 / From Calvin’s Commentaries, translated by William Pringle, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Eerdmans, 1949, p.215; on Matthew 13:55)

[On Matt 1:25:] The inference he [Helvidius] drew from it was, that Mary remained a virgin no longer than till her first birth, and that afterwards she had other children by her husband . . . No just and well-grounded inference can be drawn from these words . . . as to what took place after the birth of Christ. He is called “first-born”; but it is for the sole purpose of informing us that he was born of a virgin . . . What took place afterwards the historian does not inform us . . . No man will obstinately keep up the argument, except from an extreme fondness for disputation. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 107)

Under the word “brethren” the Hebrews include all cousins and other relations, whatever may be the degree of affinity. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 283 / Commentary on John, [7:3])

John Wesley

‘I believe that He [Jesus] was made man, joining the human nature with the divine in one person; being conceived by the singular operation of the Holy Ghost, and born of the blessed Virgin Mary, who, as well after as before she brought Him forth, continued a pure and unspotted virgin’ (‘Letter to a Roman Catholic’, The Works of Rev. John Wesley, vol 10, p. 81).

NO! She doesn't qualify even if the word "God" is spelled with a little "g." Furthermore, this is what your mother Mary had to say in her Magnificat:
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my SAVIOUR.

mary has a savior her son, she was preserved from all sin by God in the first moment of her being conceived without sin in virtue of the merits of Jesus!
Gen 3:15 enmity total war none of satans works are found in a Her
Lk 1:28 full of grace, the Lord is with Her, blessed rev 12:1 clothed with the sun immaculate purity
Anything consecrated to God’s service must pure and Holy

No! BECAUSE you preach another Christ than that of the Bible!
Jesus said in John 10:14: "I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine."
And, in John 10:27: "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

You do not know Jesus therefore you and your church do not follow Him.

Really He never taught “faith alone” Mk 16:16
Faith and baptism
Sacraments or sacred oaths promised by God ez 36:25-27
Now show me where “faith alone” is a prophecy in the OT

My oh my! My mess? You and your church teach heresy and you blame me for showing you the error of your ways? Well, what gall and audacity!

never did this

Ask God for forgiveness and be like the publican of Luke 18 who when he saw Jesus coming fell on his knees, smote his breast and cried, "have mercy on me a sinner!"

ask and you shall receive of course

To God Be The Glory

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, the life.

Tong
R3396

Christ founded the church and the sacraments to give grace and salvation
Christ and his church are one acts 9:4

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Matt 16:17-19

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Must be taught by the holy church by the apostles! Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Acts 2:42

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise The LORD For HIS WORD Of Truth, Rightly Divided!

Instead of "doctrines of churches, traditions, religions, magesterium, fathers,
Lutheranism, Calvinism, reformers, replacers, liars, etc, etc, etc." Amen?:

God's Approval/TWO Gospels In Prophecy vs Mystery

Be Blessed!

only one church in the Bible
Jn 10:16
1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If" one is sealed until the day of redemption
But have yet to purify themselves through the Spirit, what would heaven be like around a God who is Holy?
To answer that I'd have to ask the thief who was crucified at the side of our Lord and asked to be remembered in His kingdom. Pretty sure that we are resurrected in bodies freed from sin and that the only judgment of believers is one of rewards.
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. John 5:24

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To answer that I'd have to ask the thief who was crucified at the side of our Lord and asked to be remembered in His kingdom. Pretty sure that we are resurrected in bodies freed from sin and that the only judgment of believers is one of rewards.

sealed refers to baptism

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why I brought up the questions for consideration: Do you think you can throw away Him you claim, profess, and confess to believe? Do you think you will ever desire or want to do that? Do you see any one reason that could change what today you claim, profess, and confess concerning God and Jesus?
Hebrews 6:4-8
4: For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5: And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6: If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. 7: For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: 8: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4: For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5: And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6: If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. 7: For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: 8: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

heb refers to apostasy

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which clearly destroys OSAS!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're talking about the final result of salvation. The objection was that God doesn't allow evildoers in heaven. My response basically is that if you are counting evil works, all are evildoers. If that's how you are counting.
1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.”

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.”
Don't you understand, OSASers can do all of that and NEVER lose their salvation. They have a license to sin!

Reactions: Grailhunter